Senior officers at the moment - post what you know

excitedofharpenden

• 3 weeks later...

Any update on officers aboard?

Don't Azamara admin  look at these posts.

No one is going to cancel at this point but we would appreciate knowing as long time cruisers who is on board  

On 7/31/2023 at 5:35 AM, manc said:

Any update on officers aboard?

Don't Azamara admin  look at these posts.

No one is going to cancel at this point but we would appreciate knowing as long time cruisers who is on board  

I don't believe Azamara look at these Cruise Critic Boards.  I think they have enough to do.

• Like 2

For veteran Azamara Cruises excellent news to see Russ back at Crystal.  We wish him luck.

MIAMI – April 24, 2023. ‘Exceptional at Sea’ includes first-class Cruise Directors, and today Crystal announced the return of shipboard leaders as the brand continues to prepare for its inaugural season under new ownership.

Cruise veterans Rick Spath will bring out Crystal Serenity when the ship returns to service on July 31, and Russ Grieve will lead the team aboard Crystal Symphony starting with its inaugural voyage on Sept. 1. Raphael Derkson will also be returning, first to serve as the start-up Musical Director for Crystal Serenity and then take over as Cruise Director following Spath.

Russ Grieve is excited to return and lead Crystal Symphony out on her inaugural voyage. An industry veteran, Grieve served as Cruise Director on the Azamara Quest for several years before joining the Crystal family in 2018. Prior to becoming a Cruise Director, he spent several years acting and singing, including a seven-and-a-half-year stint in the Broadway musical ‘MAMMA MIA!’. A California native, he enjoys working out and spending time with friends and family when not onboard.

• Like 8

On 8/2/2023 at 11:10 AM, Grandma Cruising said:

I agree about Marcelo, lovely chap.

He never spoke to us…not once on our cruise.  I think it is the first Azamara cruise I have ever been on where the HM did not interact with us and stop by and ask how our cruise was going.  He not seem to want to interact…..at least that was my impression.

30 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

He never spoke to us…not once on our cruise.  I think it is the first Azamara cruise I have ever been on where the HM did not interact with us and stop by and ask how our cruise was going.  He not seem to want to interact…..at least that was my impression.

Golly, very different from how he was with us, but we did meet him with Ryszard on our previous cruise when he was learning the ropes, so maybe the fact that he knew our faces helped.

• Like 2

We find him wonderful. He was on the Quest with us in Dubai and we had thanksgiving dinner with him ( we aren’t from US lol). Then again on the Falklands and fiords cruise on Pursuit.. he was great and really friendly 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2023 at 8:43 AM, Belfastman said:

Newly promoted Staff Captain just joined Onward yesterday - James Brennan.

Thank you Belfastman. I assume you're onboard now. 

Can you give us more names? I will be on Onward in 8 weeks (October 14) and I'm particularly interested in the Cruise Director and his/her assistent. 

Thank you.

Captain is Carl Smith, cruise director is Martin Lawson and hotel director is Elizabeth Vogel. However I understand that all of these will have left the ship before you board. Roy Ryan is assistant cruise director ( not sure when he leaves ).

Edited by Belfastman

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Anyone got any idea who will be on the Journey at the end of November?

Darren Lynton Cruise Director is scheduled to be on from October and through the festive cruises.

He is a great CD and very visible around the ship, day and night.

• Like 2