Coco cay beach beds breezy bay chill island vs chill island

Not OP, but basically the same question.  Considerations:

• Quiet-ish (for reading)
  • Near pool where we can swim

If those point in different directions, we would appreciate the best spot for each.  Ideally, not too far from a bar.

My personal experience: Neither. We had one at Breezy Bay at Chill Island. It was just okay. We spent much more of our time just hanging at the Oasis Lagoon. There were FAR too many seagulls landing on the roof of the bed looking for scraps. We're going back in 6 weeks and we're not renting one. Probably never will. The vibe in Oasis Lagoon is much better. Just my opinion. YMMV

• Like 2

4 hours ago, baelor said:

Not OP, but basically the same question.  Considerations:

• Quiet-ish (for reading)
  • Near pool where we can swim

If those point in different directions, we would appreciate the best spot for each.  Ideally, not too far from a bar.

Well, I will provide what input I can. 🙂 

These are the Chill Island beach beds, on the lower left corner of the island. They are pretty isolated, as you can see, so they are indeed "chill" and fairly quiet, but also closer to the arrival area.

344507841_CocoCay.thumb.jpg.8ea56c7c4a976709962e4cd9a5e6955f.jpg

The downside is that they're farther from almost everything else--Oasis Lagoon, waterpark, food and bars.

Breezy Bay is closer to the main food areas and Oasis Lagoon, which has pros and cons. The music can be on the loud side, and there's typically more foot traffic. But you are more centrally located.

South Beach is the furthest from the arrival area, so it tends to be on the quiet side as well. It's pretty far from Oasis Lagoon and the main food areas, but it does have its own Snack Shack and a bar.

Hope this helps! 🙂 

• Like 3

The chill island ones (the ones on the first inlet to the left from the dock) are ,very quiet every time we have used them. If you want to have a restful day that is the place to be. 

F16378E7-8F41-4B2E-AEE1-4ABA31390309.jpeg

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 7:35 PM, AlohaLivin said:

The chill island ones (the ones on the first inlet to the left from the dock) are ,very quiet every time we have used them. If you want to have a restful day that is the place to be. 

Thank you for this. This is exactly where we like it. Quiet.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 6:22 PM, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

These are the Chill Island beach beds, on the lower left corner of the island. They are pretty isolated, as you can see, so they are indeed "chill" and fairly quiet, but also closer to the arrival area.

The downside is that they're farther from almost everything else--Oasis Lagoon, waterpark, food and bars.

Breezy Bay is closer to the main food areas and Oasis Lagoon, which has pros and cons. The music can be on the loud side, and there's typically more foot traffic. But you are more centrally located.

South Beach is the furthest from the arrival area, so it tends to be on the quiet side as well. It's pretty far from Oasis Lagoon and the main food areas, but it does have its own Snack Shack and a bar.

Hope this helps! 🙂 

Thanks for your very informative post.  I have booked one of each for my upcoming cruises:  South Beach on HM in August, Breezy Bay for December and Chill Island in February.  My decision on the latter two was because these were the only beach where Beach Beds were not sold out.  

We're sailing on Wonder next August with grandsons who will be 11 and will want to do the slides.  Which beach beds are closest to thrill water park?  They will be doing the slides as much as possible

2 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Thanks for your very informative post.  I have booked one of each for my upcoming cruises:  South Beach on HM in August, Breezy Bay for December and Chill Island in February.  My decision on the latter two was because these were the only beach where Beach Beds were not sold out.  

We're sailing on Wonder next August with grandsons who will be 11 and will want to do the slides.  Which beach beds are closest to thrill water park?  They will be doing the slides as much as possible

I'd be interested to know what you think after you've tried all three!

As for the water park ... unfortunately none of them are very close. 😕 I've never used the water park, so I relied on the map and my guess would be 1. South Beach 2. Breezy Bay 3. Chill Island, just because the beach beds are in the far corner of that area.  But it looks like roughly a five-minute walk to any of them. 

You probably already know this, but there are cabanas you can rent at the water park itself. Cabanas run pricier than beach beds, but if distance is a important factor, it's an option to consider.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

We really enjoyed doing the water slides.  Keep in mind if they are 11, they will need someone over 14 to go with them. 

On 8/9/2022 at 4:47 PM, ramja96 said:

My personal experience: Neither. We had one at Breezy Bay at Chill Island. It was just okay. We spent much more of our time just hanging at the Oasis Lagoon. There were FAR too many seagulls landing on the roof of the bed looking for scraps. We're going back in 6 weeks and we're not renting one. Probably never will. The vibe in Oasis Lagoon is much better. Just my opinion. YMMV

Interesting, never thought about seagulls.  Are the roofs water tight to protect you from a quick shower?  Or bird crap.........

6 minutes ago, SAmome said:

Interesting, never thought about seagulls.  Are the roofs water tight to protect you from a quick shower?  Or bird crap.........

They are not water tight, no. They would definitely cut down on the amount of rain that got through, and the bird would have to have really good aim.  😁 

FWIW, I personally haven't had issues with seagulls on the roof.

On 8/9/2022 at 7:35 PM, AlohaLivin said:

Thank you!

• Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 6:22 PM, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Hope this helps! 🙂 

2 hours ago, jada675 said:

Does the tram take you to Chill Island

2 hours ago, baelor said:

Yes!

It does, yes, but unfortunately the tram stop is quite a distance from where the beach beds are. 😞 

If it helps, there are beach wheelchairs available on the island. They are complimentary and first come first served. My husband said they handle surprisingly well on the sand, but they're a bit harder to push on the pavement. Since I can walk independently, just not very far, I walked as much as I was comfortably able to while we were on the sidewalks. 

2 hours ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

It does, yes, but unfortunately the tram stop is quite a distance from where the beach beds are. 😞 

If it helps, there are beach wheelchairs available on the island. They are complimentary and first come first served. My husband said they handle surprisingly well on the sand, but they're a bit harder to push on the pavement. Since I can walk independently, just not very far, I walked as much as I was comfortably able to while we were on the sidewalks. 

2 hours ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said: