B2B question when second leg is Bermuda

I'm doing a B2B in October on the Adventure where the second leg is Bermuda. How did you deal with their required COVID-19 test since Royal no longer does testing on a B2B. And did you have any problems uploading the results and getting confirmation from Bermuda? I've called Royal multiple times and have gotten answers all over the place. I'd like to hear from people who have actually been through this and not just opinions. Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, mets123 said:

I'm doing a B2B in October on the Adventure where the second leg is Bermuda. How did you deal with their required COVID-19 test since Royal no longer does testing on a B2B. And did you have any problems uploading the results and getting confirmation from Bermuda? I've called Royal multiple times and have gotten answers all over the place. I'd like to hear from people who have actually been through this and not just opinions. Thanks in advance.

I’m curious as well.  We’re doing the same B2B on Adventure, but in reverse order. First Bermuda, then NE/Canada.  

First cruise with Bermuda, the test is the passenger's responsibility.  Second cruise on a b2b that includes Bermuda, you will get a letter in your cabin telling you when and where to show up for a free test.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 2VaCruzers said:

I’m curious as well.  We’re doing the same B2B on Adventure, but in reverse order. First Bermuda, then NE/Canada.  

I will be doing the same as yours. October 8th to Bermuda, October 13th to Can/NE on Adventure. 
Im hearing that Royal will test us. We will get info on where to go and when during the Bermuda cruise.

1 hour ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

I will be doing the same as yours. October 8th to Bermuda, October 13th to Can/NE on Adventure. 
Im hearing that Royal will test us. We will get info on where to go and when during the Bermuda cruise.

Yep, those are the same exact dates as ours.  Even though Bermuda is a 5 day cruise, I’m assuming we still have to test pre cruise since Bermuda requires it.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2VaCruzers said:

Yep, those are the same exact dates as ours.  Even though Bermuda is a 5 day cruise, I’m assuming we still have to test pre cruise since Bermuda requires it.  

Unfortunately yes. I don’t see that changing any time soon. 

1 hour ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

Unfortunately yes. I don’t see that changing any time soon. 

Neither do I. We’ve done both of these cruises before, but looking forward to visiting again.  Do you have any outings planned?

2 hours ago, 2VaCruzers said:

Neither do I. We’ve done both of these cruises before, but looking forward to visiting again.  Do you have any outings planned?

I plan on doing Horseshoe Beach in Bermuda by shuttle.

I booked Discover Cape Cod for Boston, but Royal just canceled the excursion. I was so bummed. I don’t know what to do there now.

Bar Harbor we booked Olis Trolleys for a tour to Acadia National Park

Portland we’re doing a Lobster boat. We will sight see and learn about Lobstering and if we pull up a lobster, we can buy it and have it cooked at Portland Lobster Co. 

Halifax we’re doing the Harbour Hopper and then a walk up to the Citadel.

St John we booked a trolley tour.

Getting anxious now after writing all that! 
How about you? 

48 minutes ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

I plan on doing Horseshoe Beach in Bermuda by shuttle.

I booked Discover Cape Cod for Boston, but Royal just canceled the excursion. I was so bummed. I don’t know what to do there now.

Bar Harbor we booked Olis Trolleys for a tour to Acadia National Park

Portland we’re doing a Lobster boat. We will sight see and learn about Lobstering and if we pull up a lobster, we can buy it and have it cooked at Portland Lobster Co. 

Halifax we’re doing the Harbour Hopper and then a walk up to the Citadel.

St John we booked a trolley tour.

Getting anxious now after writing all that! 
How about you? 

In Bermuda we always go to St. George to the perfumery so I can restock.  On our way back we always stop for lunch at our favorite restaurant, The Swizzle Inn.  We’ve done the caves and Horseshoe Beach.  We have nothing booked on the 9 day cruise except in St. John where we’re taking a tour to the Bay of Fundy and the reversing tides.  We’ve done Acadia and loved it.  Beautiful area.  The lobster boat sounds interesting except I’d never cook it since I am not a fan of most seafood.  I probably should do some more research on the other places to find things to do.  

1 hour ago, 2VaCruzers said:

In Bermuda we always go to St. George to the perfumery so I can restock.  On our way back we always stop for lunch at our favorite restaurant, The Swizzle Inn.  We’ve done the caves and Horseshoe Beach.  We have nothing booked on the 9 day cruise except in St. John where we’re taking a tour to the Bay of Fundy and the reversing tides.  We’ve done Acadia and loved it.  Beautiful area.  The lobster boat sounds interesting except I’d never cook it since I am not a fan of most seafood.  I probably should do some more research on the other places to find things to do.  

I don’t eat fish at all. But DH loves it. We’re in search of the best lobster 🦞 rolls for him. Lol

Im looking forward to Halifax to try the Poutine and the Beavertails.

And Holy Donuts in Portland!  🍩 

We are big foodies so this should be a great trip. We have never been to Canada.

20 minutes ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

I don’t eat fish at all. But DH loves it. We’re in search of the best lobster 🦞 rolls for him. Lol

Im looking forward to Halifax to try the Poutine and the Beavertails.

And Holy Donuts in Portland!  🍩 

We are big foodies so this should be a great trip. We have never been to Canada.

Our friends from Ohio who will be on the 9 day portion of the b2b mentioned Beavertails.  I’ve never heard of them.  The last time we were in Portland, we found a donut shop.  Have no clue what the name of it was.  Bar Harbor might be a good place for your hubby to find a lobster roll.  Just go early because last time a ship was in port, some restaurants ran out of them.  We are geocachers, but have already found geocaches in all these places!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SummerBeee said:

Have a friend who was tested on board because next cruise was Bermuda.

Unfortunately, he was positive and had to debark Mariner. The Bermuda cruise was his pinnacle cruise too😩

aw gee that is really so bad luck.  sorry to hear this

On 8/11/2022 at 8:28 PM, mets123 said:

Why do I need Bermuda authorization for the NE/Can leg?

You didn't say where the other leg was going so I added this in case it was also going to Bermuda.  I had a b2b that hits Bermuda twice.  

On 8/10/2022 at 4:02 PM, 2VaCruzers said:

Our friends from Ohio who will be on the 9 day portion of the b2b mentioned Beavertails.  I’ve never heard of them.  The last time we were in Portland, we found a donut shop.  Have no clue what the name of it was.  Bar Harbor might be a good place for your hubby to find a lobster roll.  Just go early because last time a ship was in port, some restaurants ran out of them.  We are geocachers, but have already found geocaches in all these places!!

In St John, there is a container village at the port.  There is a food truck there selling VERY GOOD beavertails.  🙂 

IMG_1282[1].JPG

• Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 2:38 PM, mets123 said:

I'm doing a B2B in October on the Adventure where the second leg is Bermuda. How did you deal with their required COVID-19 test since Royal no longer does testing on a B2B. And did you have any problems uploading the results and getting confirmation from Bermuda? 

Bermuda stopped the requirement for cruisers to upload test results earlier this year.   You just need the Bermuda TA completed and approved prior to your cruise.

1 hour ago, mets123 said:

So it's just a money grab for them. I can do it all before we leave. Thanks for the info.

Don’t wait until the last minute to do it however. We leave for Bermuda on the 21st. And we still don’t have the authorizations back from their government.