Can you take fish bowl out of Red Frog Pub?

I've seen them, but never gotten one before and can't remember - are the "fishbowls" made of glass or plastic?  If glass, you are not supposed to take them onto the pool deck and will be stopped by a crew member if they notice you out there with it and are doing their job properly.

58 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

I've seen them, but never gotten one before and can't remember - are the "fishbowls" made of glass or plastic?  If glass, you are not supposed to take them onto the pool deck and will be stopped by a crew member if they notice you out there with it and are doing their job properly.

I’m pretty sure the pitchers they used for ours last time were plastic.

1 minute ago, Mediterranean_Honeymooner said:

I’m pretty sure the pitchers they used for ours last time were plastic.

That's good.  If plastic, then, yes, by all means, you can take it pretty much anywhere onboard, including the Pool Deck.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mediterranean_Honeymooner said:

Basically what the title says.  We will be cruising with small kids who won’t want to just sit in the pub while we drink these (sailing on Valor).  Can we get them “to go” and enjoy them on the pool deck?

They'll give you one in a plastic pitcher if you wish to drink it elsewhere. I brought the straw.

B969327A-FCE2-48EB-AB56-462F8EBC6A4A.thu

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

The fishbowls are glass and you paid for it so you can take it. I guess they think people won't steal plastic pitchers. Well, not many, probably.

Now I'm confused.  I was under the impression the "fishbowls" were, as you imply, a giant pay-for souvenir glass, thus, belonging to you once you pay for it.  But from "plastic pitcher" in OP's last statement, I thought that the "fishbowl" that you buy had at some point become a plastic ("fishbowl-like?") pitcher that you still own after purchase.  After seeing the pic in Saint Greg's post, it looks like a regular Carnival-owned pitcher.  Admittedly, I have never purchased one, so I'm speaking from ignorance.  I am not in anyway condoning stealing ship's pitchers or anything else. I hope you don't think that I was.  If it is a plastic pitcher that is not yours but still CCL property, you can still carry it around the ship just as you would any drinkware from any onboard bar.  But don't keep it.  Just leave it on a table on Lido or elsewhere or return it to any bar when finished with your drink.  My point was about no glass on the Pool Deck.

32 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Now I'm confused.  I was under the impression the "fishbowls" were, as you imply, a giant pay-for souvenir glass, thus, belonging to you once you pay for it.  But from "plastic pitcher" in OP's last statement, I thought that the "fishbowl" that you buy had at some point become a plastic ("fishbowl-like?") pitcher that you still own after purchase.  After seeing the pic in Saint Greg's post, it looks like a regular Carnival-owned pitcher.  Admittedly, I have never purchased one, so I'm speaking from ignorance.  I am not in anyway condoning stealing ship's pitchers or anything else. I hope you don't think that I was.  If it is a plastic pitcher that is not yours but still CCL property, you can still carry it around the ship just as you would any drinkware from any onboard bar.  But don't keep it.  Just leave it on a table on Lido or elsewhere or return it to any bar when finished with your drink.  My point was about no glass on the Pool Deck.

You can buy the drink in plastic and skip the souvenir glass. No glass on Pool deck.

• Thanks 1

Or you can pay for the fishbowl, get it served in a pitcher, told to come back on next day to claim your fishbowl. Then, they will tell you they never had them and sorry. 

Kinda disappointed on the Pride 5oth sailing and this ^^^ scenario. (March 2022)

Simple, if you don't have it, don't tell us to come back for it another day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShakyBeef said:

The fishbowl I had on Vista was glass. They washed and re-used them. They were not souvenir glasses. The pitcher wasn't a souvenir pitcher either. Maybe you can pay more for a souvenir cup or something. I was just doing the happy hour deal on embarkation day since Galveston doesn't have cheers on embarkation day.

70417BCC-AC34-4098-970E-29C68A20DBC1.thu

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mediterranean_Honeymooner said:

Basically what the title says.  We will be cruising with small kids who won’t want to just sit in the pub while we drink these (sailing on Valor).  Can we get them “to go” and enjoy them on the pool deck?

Teach the kiddos how to play the shuffleboard game in the pub!  That'll keep 'em occupied!  😆

They had pitchers on sale for $10 on one of my recent cruises. I ordered one. I am convinced to this day there was not a drop of alcohol in it. I drank the whole thing and never felt a thing other than a bit of a bellyache from all the sugar. And I don't drink at home so it's not like I have a tolerance or anything. I will never buy another.

• Like 1

In July on the Miracle they did not have the plastic pitchers. If you wanted to take the Fishbowl with you, you had to pay for the souvenir glass or they keep your sail and sign card to you bring the plain glass fishbowl back. I hope this is not the new norm. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, mz-s said:

They had pitchers on sale for $10 on one of my recent cruises. I ordered one. I am convinced to this day there was not a drop of alcohol in it. I drank the whole thing and never felt a thing other than a bit of a bellyache from all the sugar. And I don't drink at home so it's not like I have a tolerance or anything. I will never buy another.

There definitely was in my fish bowl and pitcher. But I was also sitting at the bar so I watched them make the drinks.