New Rules for Bermuda Cruise passengers. Aka this will affect my Beyond cruise in October

mfs2k

4 minutes ago, taxgal said:

It might be a mistake, but it needs to be corrected....

The minister is quoted as saying two days before departure in Bernews so that’s why I think it is a mistake. Plus it is not consistent with past policy and it would mean all passengers on every sailing would have to be tested onboard.  Yes, it needs to be corrected. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, canderson said:

The one bullet item in all of that that deals with fully vaccinated passengers hasn't changed their protocol at all.  The ship would still be required to test all fully vaccinated pax within 2 days of arrival.

But consider this...

Given that about 1/3 of those who test COVID positive are asymptomatic, and some number of clearly symptomatic individuals aren't presenting themselves to medical on these cruises (we hear it here all the time), you have to wonder if Celebrity really wants to see how many people they'd have to quarantine, feed and wellness check with a full-ship test.  It was different with delta.  Omicron is far more widespread amongst the population since it's much easier to pass around.  As some others have said, it's gotten to where the protocols are harder for many to deal with than the disease.

From some recent posts it sounds like quarantine is now in your cabin, which would be much better.  
We are on the Beyond TA (Guinea pigs for the Bermuda protocols) and wonder at what point positive cases could  result in the ship not being able to dock.  For the Beyond TA  Bermuda is day 11 of 12 and ship departs from Barcelona so the majority will have flown there and spent at least 1 night probably more.  
From reading both X website and the Bermuda requires it seems like to board we will need a negative supervised  test because of Bermuda and then the on board test 2 days before arriving in Bermuda.  I predict a lot of positive, but not sick, passengers.

🤞 that they drop Bermuda. 

1 minute ago, alyssamma said:

What happens if you decide to stay on the ship...do you still need to do the testing?

And do you still need to pay the $40 for the travel auth?

TIA

Yes.  You can not board a ship with a stop in Bermuda unless you have an approved Bermuda Travel Authorization, which requires paying the $40 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Yes.  You can not board a ship with a stop in Bermuda unless you have an approved Bermuda Travel Authorization, which requires paying the $40 

Thanks...what about the test? It seems you may need to test once onboard...so if you just don't test and don't plan to get off is that fine?

27 minutes ago, nikel said:

I don't get it...why would a one day stop at the end of a TA be a gold mine for Celebrity?

Because they sail 7 day cruises from Bayonne, NJ for the majority of the summer with 2 night stay overs in Bermuda.  The TA’s are small change.

4 minutes ago, Oville said:

Go back and read post 2 and 4, nothing about TAs.  Good grief.

Go back and read the thread title:

Aka this will affect my Beyond cruise in October

That's a westbound trans-Atlantic cruise.

Other cruises have been dealing with the problem by making Bermuda the first stop off the East Coast.  That avoids the testing during the cruise.  Doesn't work for the trans-Atlantics that have been at sea MUCH more than 2 days.

Edited by canderson
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Other cruises have been dealing with the problem by making Bermuda the first stop off the East Coast.  That avoids the testing during the cruise.  Doesn't work for the trans-Atlantics that have been at sea MUCH more than 2 days.

No, I never participated in that thread so there is no going back.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Maybe, maybe not...I'm sailing Beyond in Oct but not TA...it's a 9 day out of NJ...and it stops at Bermuda.

Personally I'm hoping this all changes before that 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, canderson said:

The OP, @mfs2k ,is talking about the first Beyond cruise out of the USA, in October.  🇺🇸  🗽

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, canderson said:

We're talking about a handful if westbound trans-Atlantics in this thread, not their U.S. based regular cruises.

I am the OP. 

I am on the 9 night Celebrity Beyond repositioning cruise out of Bayonne New Jersey on October 26. Stops in Bermuda, Aruba and Curaçao. Debarking in Fort Lauderdale. 

• Like 5

In addition to the transatlantics we are also talking about the Summit repositioning from Boston to Miami, leaving October 15 arriving in Bermuda the 17th. If the current wording is correct,  we vaccinated folks will have to test either boarding day or first sea day. (1 or 2 days before arrival). Maybe in addition to being tested before embarkation? Personally,  i hope celebrity simple cancels Bermuda from the itinerary.  It's a lot of hassle for a 6 hour stop. 

• Like 7

I am booked on a TA that includes a stop in Bermuda. I had no intentions of getting offthe ship in Bermuda from the get. Bermuda is one of the bottom of the rung stops in my opinion.(yes, we are all allowed our own opinions..I know it’s shocking to some of you)

They are doing nothing but trying to squeeze money out of people and using Covid 2019 as an excuse..it’s almost 2023 for all of you who are behind the times. 
I think the cruise lines should drop Bermuda. Bermuda needs to get with the program or hit them where it hurts..in their pockets.

Edited by rrraydon
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

I am the OP. 

I am on the 9 night Celebrity Beyond repositioning cruise out of Bayonne New Jersey on October 26. Stops in Bermuda, Aruba and Curaçao. Debarking in Fort Lauderdale. 

I''ll be there with you. These new rules are confusing af. I'm hoping it is an error on their website, otherwise we need to test the day of the cruise.

That's what's confusing...how can X enforce that? It's not realistic for all pax to test that morning and I assume they're not doing rapids at the pier...so how can they deny boarding?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alyssamma said:

I''ll be there with you. These new rules are confusing af. I'm hoping it is an error on their website, otherwise we need to test the day of the cruise.

That's what's confusing...how can X enforce that? It's not realistic for all pax to test that morning and I assume they're not doing rapids at the pier...so how can they deny boarding?

There are a few things that are confusing. The requirements make it sound like you have to test if you’re  unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated and you want to.get off in port. Does this mean if you are fully vaccinated you don’t have to test If you’re staying on the ship?

Who knows? Im misreading this whole thing.