Examples of Menu

majortom10

I have always looked at Cunard's website for examples of menus in the dining rooms and speciality restaurants for past cruises. We are due to cruise again in October and find it very strange that Cunard have removed the "example of menus" section from their website. Worry that the reason for removal is that Cunard like many other cruise lines are dumbing down their menus and dont want you to compare to avoid disappointment.

There are still sample menus on the website but for some reason they only show a couple of choices.

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/activity-types/dining/britannia-restaurant

We have links to actual menus posted by @rakkor in the Welcome sticky. 

It's always useful to see actual menus, it's so disappointing to go to a restaurant and find out the menu you are given is completely different to the one you've been looking forward to.

1 minute ago, Host Hattie said:

There are still sample menus on the website but for some reason they only show a couple of choices.

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/activity-types/dining/britannia-restaurant

We have links to actual menus posted by @rakkor in the Welcome sticky. 

It's always useful to see actual menus, it's so disappointing to go to a restaurant and find out the menu you are given is completely different to the one you've been looking for to.

Yes I have seen those but in the past there was a link to examples of menus which showed examples of QG, PG, BC and Britannia for breakfast, lunch and dinner for all the ships and also speciality restaurants but when I click on link on website it say "page not found". Very worrying why they have been removed.

On QV at moment and evening in Brittania there are 4 appetisers, 2 salads, 2 soups, 6 mains Inc veg & vegan and 6 puds Inc ice cream and cheesboard. 

Imo plenty of choice but if u r a piccy Puss???? As ever food is a very individual thing but u won't starve 😋 

Looking at dinner sample menus for QG/PG there is no Duck a l'Orange on a la carte menus. Dont know if it is a supply issue and only temporary or a permanent removal perhaps as a cost cutting exercise. We have had this in both QG and PG and is one of our favourite meals to order.

5 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Looking at dinner sample menus for QG/PG there is no Duck a l'Orange on a la carte menus. Dont know if it is a supply issue and only temporary or a permanent removal perhaps as a cost cutting exercise. We have had this in both QG and PG and is one of our favourite meals to order.

It was certainly there in the QG last month, and widely enjoyed, as far as I could tell.

5 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

The a la carte menus rotate, so maybe the duck, ducked out of the sample menu shown and flew over to another menu.

It's a sample and samples don't show the full extent of whatever is being sampled.

1 minute ago, Victoria2 said:

The a la carte menus rotate, so maybe the duck, ducked out of the sample menu shown and flew over to another menu.

It's a sample and samples don't show the full extent of whatever is being sampled.

No, that duck is not on a rotating menu, though another form is. The duckling à l'orange is on the eternal list of six things you need to order at lunchtime.

26 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

No, that duck is not on a rotating menu, though another form is. The duckling à l'orange is on the eternal list of six things you need to order at lunchtime.

Thank you. 

It did feature in the past but an order by lunchtime is even better. I'm partial to duck. My husband isn't so it's my chance to get ducked out!

That and lamb. Pink rack of lamb. Yum Yum.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, exlondoner said:

The menus I can find on the FAQs feature the duck.

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/frequently-asked-questions.All.FAQ335.summary

Thank you for posting this.  I was surprised that the QG/PG/BC/BR lunch menus are all identical - are they always the same?  We’ll be in QG on our first Cunard voyage soon, and wanted to get our expectations in line.  If it’s the same menu perhaps we can dine in one of the other restaurants at lunchtime to get a feel for them?

Edited by johng75370

5 hours ago, ClefsDor said:

Whilst we're on the subject of menus does anyone know if kippers are available in the Britannia Restaurant at breakfast?

I seem to remember it was there years ago.  Hope it still is.

8 hours ago, ClefsDor said:

I don't think there is an always available menu in Britannia restaurant?

Well, there is, unless it's disappeared very recently. But you have to ask. Very occasionally it is mentioned on the back of the Daily Programme.

Just now, lindylooellalouise said:

Yes kippers we’re available last week on QV, but the (always available ) was unfortunately not available!

Oh dear, that's pathetic. They really wouldn't do a plain grilled chicken breast for someone?

• Like 1

Here are examples of the menus left in our room for the V220 Queens Grill.  These do not include the A la carte menus, which amongst other things  include the dishes you have to order by lunch time, such as Duck a l'Orange or Chateaubriand.
1225121832_dinner1.thumb.jpg.84b39ac625858c6cccfedb9840c8a6fc.jpg144500760_lunch2.thumb.jpg.a7955b423e7420af6d39c35d284a05d8.jpg1587938002_lunch1.thumb.jpg.f0eae98885888865e7c0da27b0b18b1a.jpg1928134257_dinner2.thumb.jpg.f0608c0fae4bc1d9591e3140394c474f.jpg

• Like 4