Pre cruise testing if going to Canada

Mountaineer0313

14 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

For anyone struggling with the ArriveCAN issue, here are a couple of thoughts.

You do not need a smartphone to do it.  If you can post on CC via desktop or laptop, you can do the form.  You can enter your passport info (number, dates of issue and expiration) rather than taking pictures to enter.

To start, type in ArriveCAN.  There will be several to choose from. Bring one up. Check the fine print on the first page.  If it says something like "This site is sponsored by a travel agency.....", go out and go back, and select another one.  Those agencies will expect you to pay a fee.

If you complete the information on the form and the next page says "Choose payment method", do not go any further.  Exit, and select another.  The Canadian Government site is the correct one.  There is no fee for doing the form.

This is/was new for all of us at one time or another.  We can all help each other get through it.

Excellent help here. Ty!

This is the ArriveCAN app.  You can complete it well before your trip.  Once it is done you will need to fill it out UP TO 72 hours before your arrival.  After which you receive a confirmation.  
Border guards will not ask to see your info as it will be automatically linked to your passport.

While it may seem complicated, once  it is completed only takes a minute to fill out as information is saved to the app.  
Anyone who is travelling to Canada is urged to download and complete the info, it will make for a speedier entry into Canada.  
Have a great trip

0EC373D5-73E8-4D00-84CF-8840D682D86B.jpeg

On 8/27/2022 at 10:58 PM, Caroldoll said:

Thanks all.  I have. managed to get a few things on to the site. I don't know where to find the Arive Can or whatever it is.  Perhaps I can get someone to help with that on the ship.  This is very stressful and really not enjoyable.  

I agree this is very stressful for some of us who are not tech savy. I have not been able to get excited yes.

Just now, Caroldoll said:

Nothing seems to be a snap.  If I use that link, how will I get it to my phone?

If you go to that link you will see links to the Apple Store and Google Play. You can use one of those to download the app. It is also possible to use the online version using the browser on your phone.

Now see you lost me there.  You mean I can go to Safari and ask for ArriveCan and then just fill it out and save it?   I am absolutely clueless.  Does anyone who is on this board know if they will have help at the pier?

2 minutes ago, Caroldoll said:

You mean I can go to Safari and ask for ArriveCan and then just fill it out and save it?

Go to your phone's App Store or Google Play (depending on which phone you have), search for "arrivecan" and install the app. Did you at least try? You can't say that you can't do it if you haven't at least tried. I understand your anxiety, but you can do it if you just keep moving forward. What phone do you have?

20 minutes ago, Caroldoll said:

Now see you lost me there.  You mean I can go to Safari and ask for ArriveCan and then just fill it out and save it?   I am absolutely clueless.  Does anyone who is on this board know if they will have help at the pier?

Yes, you can use Safari to complete the online version of ArriveCAN. In Safari go to the link I provided and select "Sign in to ArriveCAN online".

I would not wait until you get to the pier. Do you not complete the online check-in for your cruise before arriving at the pier?

I went on line and read it, but I am not sure if I should do it on my computer or try to get it on my I phone.  I don't knowhow to download the pictures of the cards or passport.  I had someone help with the ship stuff, but she is out of the country now and I don't have a clue.  I think I can get the ap installed in my iPhone and try to figure out how to get the pictures in! As you can see, I have not slept all night thinking about this.  I will give it a try in the morning.  Why can't you just take printed copies of everything?

You all have been such a help.   Thanks a million.

I have the pictures in my photos. I downloaded the ap.  How do you transfer the photos to the ap?  

I appreciate all of this.

Also, can I put my husbands on mine as well, or do I have to get another.  He does not have a phone and does not know how to use one?

26 minutes ago, Caroldoll said:

I have the pictures in my photos. I downloaded the ap.  How do you transfer the photos to the ap?  

I appreciate all of this.

Also, can I put my husbands on mine as well, or do I have to get another.  He does not have a phone and does not know how to use one?

family living at the same address can fill out on the same account so only one phone needed. If no one has a smart phone then you do it on a computer and take the print out 

On 8/22/2022 at 12:29 PM, Mountaineer0313 said:

Please tell me I'm understanding this correctly. We're sailing from Seward, AK to Vancouver, BC. So since we will be disembarking in Canada, we still need to take the pre cruise covid test, correct?

You do need to fill out an ArriveCan form prior to visiting or landing in Canada.  Doesn't matter if it is a port stop, or final destination.  

Here is information directly from X's website regarding your situation:

Vancouver to Seward and Seward to Vancouver Sailings

testing-and-screening-100x100.png
Health Protocols and Requirements

Sailing Testing Requirements:

Pre-Arrival/Embarkation Covid-19 Test

• Fully Vaccinated* or Up to Date** Guests: Must present an expert-administered negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to the tour. Please see recommendation to travel with eMED self-test kits below.
  • Unvaccinated Guests: Must present a negative RT-PCR Covid-19 Test taken within 3 days prior to the tour and take an antigen test at the Terminal prior to boarding. The PCR and antigen test may not be taken on the same day.

If you are booked on a cruisetour, please click here to see your land tour testing requirements. 

Mid-Cruise/Port of Call

No test required.

Debark

No Debark testing required.

*Definition of Fully Vaccinated: vaccinated with a full dose of a primary series vaccine over 6 months (180 days) prior to sailing and NOT boosted. The last primary dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation.

**Definition of Up to Date: vaccinated within 6 months (180 days) of final dose in a primary series OR boosted. The 180 days must extend to the end of the sailing. The last primary dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation. 

Testing Costs

Testing varies depending on vaccination status and itinerary. Unvaccinated guests will need to cover any cost for embarkation, mid-cruise/port of call or debark required testing. Testing costs and vendors vary by port and country. Celebrity will cover the costs for children who are not eligible to be vaccinated.

Thanks.  I have the ArriveCan on my phone now and I can combine myself and my husband.  I just don't know how to upload or download the photos or the passport, but I will copy everything and take it with me in hopes that they won't keep me off the ship!  You have all been so good.  It is hard to not be computer savvy.  I am very appreciative.

5 minutes ago, Caroldoll said:

Thanks.  I have the ArriveCan on my phone now and I can combine myself and my husband.  I just don't know how to upload or download the photos or the passport, but I will copy everything and take it with me in hopes that they won't keep me off the ship!  You have all been so good.  It is hard to not be computer savvy.  I am very appreciative.

You're halfway there now that you have ArriveCan app on your phone!  There is a 'Travellers' button on the bottom (right next to Home) and there you click on Add traveller. Select that you'll scan your passport, and then it automatially opens the camera to take a picture of your passport, so have it next to you! Then, you confirm all the info from the photo, answer the question if you're vaccinated, and then manually type in the vaccine and dates for your doses. Then it takes you to a page to add file/photo - click on that button and if you took a photo of it already, select the Gallery button and find your photo. If you don't have it saved, click the Camera button and take a photo right there.  You'll do this step for each traveller - just click 'Add Traveller" to add your husband after you're done with yours. 

It seems like a lot of steps but will take you no more than five minutes. This bit you can do at anytime before the trip.

When you get within 72 hours of the trip, you enter in your trip details, so have your flights/hotel/etc details handy.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Caroldoll said:

Waiting until boarding is not a good idea. Just because you don't know how to do something doesn't mean you shouldn't try. When it comes time to "upload" a photo, the ArriveCAN app will open your photo library automatically. All you need to do is select which photo is the one of your vaccination card. The app will do the uploading for you.

You did all the hard parts already. Just follow the instructions that @rudedoggy87 gave you in the prior post and you'll be done. Take your time, do it slowly, step by step and you will find that you worried for no reason. Soon, you will be helping others complete their ArriveCAN requirements. 😀

• Like 1

LOL I only got one, just me. I don't know how to do my husband.   I got as far as trip details and it wouldn't let me go further?  It wanted to know what terminal, etc.  I couldn't figure out how to do that.  I know it was St. Johns NB

34 minutes ago, rudedoggy87 said:

You're halfway there now that you have ArriveCan app on your phone!  There is a 'Travellers' button on the bottom (right next to Home) and there you click on Add traveller. Select that you'll scan your passport, and then it automatially opens the camera to take a picture of your passport, so have it next to you! Then, you confirm all the info from the photo, answer the question if you're vaccinated, and then manually type in the vaccine and dates for your doses. Then it takes you to a page to add file/photo - click on that button and if you took a photo of it already, select the Gallery button and find your photo. If you don't have it saved, click the Camera button and take a photo right there.  You'll do this step for each traveller - just click 'Add Traveller" to add your husband after you're done with yours. 

It seems like a lot of steps but will take you no more than five minutes. This bit you can do at anytime before the trip.

When you get within 72 hours of the trip, you enter in your trip details, so have your flights/hotel/etc details handy.

Oh I see, but I need to stop for a while.  I thought it took my photo from the passport?  

44 minutes ago, rudedoggy87 said:

I can't find the photo part.  I will try in a while--after I have a nervous breakdown!  LOL

24 minutes ago, Caroldoll said:

LOL I only got one, just me. I don't know how to do my husband.   I got as far as trip details and it wouldn't let me go further?  It wanted to know what terminal, etc.  I couldn't figure out how to do that.  I know it was St. Johns NB

I looked up your cruise and your first Canadian port is Halifax on 9/23/22, not St. John's.

33 minutes ago, Caroldoll said:

I can't find the photo part.  I will try in a while--after I have a nervous breakdown!  LOL

Just follow the steps, at the appropriate time you will be prompted to provide photos as described in @rudedoggy87's excellent post #43.

I admire your persistence. You must really want this cruise 😃.