V2 on QV in QG 21st-31st August

Victoria2

Thank Goodness 'so far',  you haven't mentioned that blessed 'MY Cunard app' thingy 

Hopefully like me, you have no use for it and enjoy interacting face to face with our wonderful crew members  .....And ,don't tell me it's useful for occasionally checking out the account, just push the boat out and worry about the credit card next month . 😉 

47 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Thank Goodness 'so far',  you haven't mentioned that blessed 'MY Cunard app' thingy 

Hopefully like me, you have no use for it and enjoy interacting face to face with our wonderful crew members  .....And ,don't tell me it's useful for occasionally checking out the account, just push the boat out and worry about the credit card next month . 😉 

Or, far better, interact with the Concierge.

11 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

What Cunard App? 😀

I do think in the greater scheme of things, as long as I’m not paying for another’s round of expensive drinks, the CC bill isn’t going to cause us angst.

As for staff interaction, I have felt like crying ( again) at the recognition and care we’ve received throughout the ship.

This thread maybe one of the more boring of reported Cunard experiences ( apparently 🙂, but I did give fair warning it wouldn’t be a riveting blog) but I cannot reiterate enough how wonderful the staff are on Cunard's Queen Victoria.

I am still desperately trying to find a fault to report but might have to resort to the slight rust on the joint where balcony meets the deck; the Irish duo were too loud in the Winter Gardens last night and the TV satellite signal can be a bit dodgy.

I have two days to find a ‘real’ fault.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Have a good day in Rotterdam

Thank you
We've been quite a few times before when walking around was no problem so gave this one a miss and anyway,  I love the ship when it’s deserted.

Beautiful weather; a lovely cabin and balcony; a new James  Patterson to read in a few hours; staff who can’t do enough for you ( never EVER mention you like something nibbles wise as you’ll be snowed under with it ); enough just about drinkable Sauvignon blanc  on tap…what more could I wish for under the circumstances.

Sadly, we started packing as the ship is stable when in port and my husband doesn’t trust me with his packing. I almost had to strong arm our butler out of the cabin as he insisted he could pack for us tomorrow.

No chance mate. 

It’s one thing being spoilt rotten by extra cabin assistance but there isn’t a cat in hell’s chance I’d expect someone to pack our cases for us.

Ordered off for starter and pud tonight and had a Bamboo main last night.

I am hoping for wheelbarrow assistance for disembarkation on Wednesday.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

Well.

I’ve tried. I really have. 

I'll hold my hands up and say we have been rather insular this trip and haven’t been as out and about as usual and so have not had the run of the ship to seek out the slipping standards but apart from rust spots, bird poop on our immediate restaurant window, definitely dodgy satellite TV reception at times and an internet battle to start with, I cannot find fault with our return to our beloved Queen Victoria.

The Deputy Captain has done a good job and not run us aground or rear ended any passing boat; the food in QG has been up to par, too par 'ish if my jeans are anything to go by; my evening heels haven’t landed me on my backside or worse, with a sprained ankle after three years in their box in my wardrobe at home; the much vaunted lowering of dress standards seems to have, by and large, passed me by eg, has had no effect on us whatsoever…I could go on.

I had a lovely snivelling/ snuffling afternoon in the theatre, along with many other female passengers and more than a few chaps ( except chaps don’t do three hanky weepies as well as us ladies) watching Downton The New Era.

Rather appropriate really ( not the weepie end bit) as we’ve been looked after so well and we had a butler too.

Back to reality tomorrow. I love my home so not bothered in the slightest but knowing we have so many cruises booked on QV ( did I mention I booked a couple more today!) in the great line from The Terminator, 

I'll be back!

Thanks for reading and all the reactions. I appreciate it.

Victoria2 xx

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Have a wonderful last evening on board and thanks again for taking us with you.

PS No spoilers please but I might have to watch on board next month!

No spoilers.

but

I thought I was the only one in the whole world who hadn’t seen the film. Enjoy. It’s 124 mins well spent.🙂

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

No spoilers.

but

I thought I was the only one in the whole world who hadn’t seen the film. Enjoy. It’s 124 mins well spent.🙂

I’ve never seen a single episode (or film) of Downton Abby. I know it’s incredibly popular so I’m glad it brings so much pleasure to many.

Maybe one day I’ll get round to it. 

6 hours ago, groryjm said:

@Victoria2 Thankyou for your excelent "Live From..."

I'm now ,even more , looking forward to boarding in 41 days

Up and ready for action, early! Sadly.

There’s a 50% chance you’ll be in 'our' cabin. Take care of it for us.🙂

You’ll be extremely well looked after.

I have, by the way, found a fault. Standards are definitely slipping.

The wake up call thingy 'has technical difficulties ' at times and as the Purser’s desk wasn’t answering the telephone, I had to actually go down to arrange a wake up call.

All cabined up and I had to get dressed again.

I shall of course, be writing a strong letter of complaint to Carnival   House!

😄

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, techteach said:

@Victoria2 Thanks for your great write up. I’m glad you’ve got lots of cruises in the queue and I don’t think you should even bother to put those shoes back into the box!

Thank you.

An unexpected bonus of all the deck walking and beautiful food and salads, I ventured onto the scales to see what programme to follow in order to lose the weight I've put on.

I have NO idea how I've done it as the wine consumption alone has put me to shame [not really but it sounds good 🙂] but I have put on minus 2lbs!

Icing on the cake, which I can eat as I lost 2lbs! 😄

I love Cunard!

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

Victoria2  I'd  be interested  in your opinion of how service and food etc compared in general to your numerous pre covid cruises. Apart from trivial things like foot files was there any serious slippages.

Thanks

Interesting question

No serious slippages that we came across.

Yes there were one or two 'lax' short sleeved shirts occasionally at dinner [QG...Oh My...what's the world coming to!!] but nothing which affected our enjoyment and yes, cabin accessories had to be requested rather than them being automatically provided as in the past but, not an issue.

Grills afternoon tea could be considered down graded a bit but again, not a problem for us.

You must take into account we weren't as ship wide as we have been in the past and we are very easy to please guests so my main observations are really limited to QG .

The staff/ service was as good as ever if not better and the QG food was as good as ever too but then you have to take into account we're not gourmets  and don't nit pick. No off menu request of mine was denied. Basically, as far as the restaurant was concerned, nothing was too much trouble. It was a real pleasure to be there.

We were looked after so well in our cabin and again, nothing was too much trouble. 

Television reception wasn't brilliant at times and the internet was a bit fickle at times too' I wasn't impressed initially with the perceived down grading of Diamond internet allowance but on a short [ten nights] trip, it was great to have 24/7 access, even if you did have to keep logging in.

Wasn't too impressed with the theatre offerings but the music around the ship was great and the speakers were  OK. 

Front desk were a bit slow/ didn't answer the phone on two occasions but were fine face to face. 

I'm sure someone more picky than us would find a major slippage but as far as we're concerned,  we were delighted with the ten nights we spent on Queen Victoria.  🙂

• Like 4