Website Updated on Testing Requirements

cellfree

24 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Just checked web site for any updates, without going into all the details/exceptions - no more testing, we cruise in September, B2B seven-night + four-night.

For UK cruises to Northern Europe, its still showing on their webpage that antigen is still needed, where are you cruising to?

6 minutes ago, mafig said:

The way I'm reading it, US citizens, fully vaccinated, no testing required.  Our cruise is to the Caribbean, so that's what I focused on.

Hopefully the UK will follow suit soon, although I have already bought the tests so happy to do them if it helps keep everyone onboard safe 🙂

8 minutes ago, mafig said:

Me, too.  We sail in two months from today!😄

43 minutes ago, mafig said:

The way I'm reading it, US citizens, fully vaccinated, no testing required.  Our cruise is to the Caribbean, so that's what I focused on.

yay!!!!!

VACCINATION POLICY

For U.S. residents sailing to the Caribbean and The Bahamas from U.S. ports, vaccination is recommended but no longer required. Vaccinated guests must show proof of vaccination at embarkation and are recommended but not required to submit a negative COVID-19 test. Unvaccinated guests (excluding children under age 2) are required to submit a negative test at embarkation.
For non-U.S. residents, full vaccination is required for guests 12 years and older. Regardless of vaccination status, guests 2 years and older must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 viral test (NAAT or antigen) at embarkation.
More than 95% of the crew are fully vaccinated and regularly tested.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

Great news. I was concerned I would need to be tested twice for my 19 day October cruise that consist of a seven day and a 12 day back to back.

See you onboard!   Glad this issue seems to be settled now.

• Like 2

Mediterranean Sailings

VACCINE REQUIREMENTS: 

All guests 12 years and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of embarkation with at least two doses of a vaccine (for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, a single dose is accepted), OR have recovered from COVID-19 within the last 6 months, OR have received only one dose of vaccine and have also recovered from COVID-19. 

Guests will need to show an EU Covid Digital certificate or equivalent valid documentation. A booster dose of a vaccine is not required but strongly recommended.  If recovered from COVID-19, guests must provide a QR code or alternatively validating documentation or an antibody test with proven infection.  

COVID-19 TEST REQUIREMENTS:
All guests 2 years & older are required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before embarkation. Guests must bring the valid negative test certificate with them to the terminal. MSC Cruises may provide additional testing, if necessary, at the terminal during embarkation or on board to protect our guests and crew.

Additional Travel Requirements for Israel:

• All guests who embark in Israel, must complete an entry statement within 48 hours before the ship’s departure. The declaration should be filled as an exit statement before departing https://corona.health.gov.il/en/flights/. 

The original test results certificate or vaccination or recovery certificate must be presented at the terminal (paper or electronic format) and must be in one of the following languages: English, Italian, German, French or Spanish. The COVID-19 test certificate must contain the guest’s personal data (verifiable with the other travel documents), date of the test, identification / contact details of the center that performed the analysis, technique used, and negative test result

Click here to review & accept terms & conditions and confirm that you will be fully vaccinated at the time of your cruise.

TRAVEL INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS:

For all new reservations, beginning July 1, 2022, MSC Cruises strongly encourages but does not require guests to purchase travel insurance with COVID-19 protection either through MSC Cruises or another provider.  Guests can purchase travel insurance within 24 hours of making their final payment.

During your cruise, you may be exposed to specific COVID-19 risks that may not be covered by existing insurance policies without COVID-19 protection such as cancellation, interruption, repatriation expenses, quarantine, medical assistance, and related expenses, as well as hospitalization.  If you have no insurance in place, you may be exposed to additional costs that may not be covered by the company.

The insurance should be purchased to cover you and your traveling party from the confirmation date of your booking through the end of your cruise and flight or your Stay & Cruise package.  

View our FAQs for additional details regarding Vaccine, COVID-19 Testing, and Travel Insurance requirements.

MSC for Me, Time to Discover | MSC Cruises

Edited by phissy

1 minute ago, phissy said:

VACCINE REQUIREMENTS: 

All guests 12 years and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of embarkation with at least two doses of a vaccine (for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, a single dose is accepted), OR have recovered from COVID-19 within the last 6 months, OR have received only one dose of vaccine and have also recovered from COVID-19. 

Guests will need to show an EU Covid Digital certificate or equivalent valid documentation. A booster dose of a vaccine is not required but strongly recommended.  If recovered from COVID-19, guests must provide a QR code or alternatively validating documentation or an antibody test with proven infection.  

All guests 2 years & older are required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before embarkation. Guests must bring the valid negative test certificate with them to the terminal. MSC Cruises may provide additional testing, if necessary, at the terminal during embarkation or on board to protect our guests and crew.

• All guests who embark in Israel, must complete an entry statement within 48 hours before the ship’s departure. The declaration should be filled as an exit statement before departing https://corona.health.gov.il/en/flights/. 

The original test results certificate or vaccination or recovery certificate must be presented at the terminal (paper or electronic format) and must be in one of the following languages: English, Italian, German, French or Spanish. The COVID-19 test certificate must contain the guest’s personal data (verifiable with the other travel documents), date of the test, identification / contact details of the center that performed the analysis, technique used, and negative test result

Click here to review & accept terms & conditions and confirm that you will be fully vaccinated at the time of your cruise.

For all new reservations, beginning July 1, 2022, MSC Cruises strongly encourages but does not require guests to purchase travel insurance with COVID-19 protection either through MSC Cruises or another provider.  Guests can purchase travel insurance within 24 hours of making their final payment.

During your cruise, you may be exposed to specific COVID-19 risks that may not be covered by existing insurance policies without COVID-19 protection such as cancellation, interruption, repatriation expenses, quarantine, medical assistance, and related expenses, as well as hospitalization.  If you have no insurance in place, you may be exposed to additional costs that may not be covered by the company.

The insurance should be purchased to cover you and your traveling party from the confirmation date of your booking through the end of your cruise and flight or your Stay & Cruise package.  

View our FAQs for additional details regarding Vaccine, COVID-19 Testing, and Travel Insurance requirements.

I don't see any change here.  

1 minute ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

I don't see any change here.  

Doones2 posted that they could see not see "anything about those sailings" 

I took that to mean that they could not find current info .  

Just posted what is currently on MSC site for those sailings.

And it does seem there are no updates for those requirements.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

I know!  They haven't changed anything on Med sailings.  I want no testing, but even moving it to 3 days would help a lot.

I agree.  2days doesn’t give us much time when flying to Europe from the states.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, phissy said:

Mediterranean Sailings

VACCINE REQUIREMENTS: 

Thank you. I found this info after I posted.  Obviously I should have checked first.  

3 hours ago, phissy said:

VACCINATION POLICY

For U.S. residents sailing to the Caribbean and The Bahamas from U.S. ports, vaccination is recommended but no longer required. Vaccinated guests must show proof of vaccination at embarkation and are recommended but not required to submit a negative COVID-19 test. Unvaccinated guests (excluding children under age 2) are required to submit a negative test at embarkation.
For non-U.S. residents, full vaccination is required for guests 12 years and older. Regardless of vaccination status, guests 2 years and older must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 viral test (NAAT or antigen) at embarkation.
More than 95% of the crew are fully vaccinated and regularly tested.

Vaccination proof=no covid test necessary.

Edited by awhcruiser
  • Like 1