Live Reports - Cruising on Coral Princess September 2022.

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Oops, we just did it again. 

We're enjoying being on Coral Princess so much and Sydney weather still looks like being wet and cool so we've booked ourselves on the 11th Oct Round Australia cruise. We go home for three days between this cruise and that one. We don't want to stay on for the three day booze cruise!

Wow I'm impressed.  Did you get a tempting deal for your loyalty or have you taken up gambling?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We're enjoying being on Coral Princess so much and Sydney weather still looks like being wet and cool so we've booked ourselves on the 11th Oct Round Australia cruise. We go home for three days between this cruise and that one. We don't want to stay on for the three day booze cruise!

See, resistance is futile!! 😂. It is a special ship.

Booze cruise? I resemble that remark 😂

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

You obviously enjoy cruising and being on the Coral Princess. 🙂

We certainly do and are.

Apart from missing 2.5 years or cruising because of the pandemic we now have the flexibility to book last minute cruises since our cat passed away a few months ago.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Wow I'm impressed.  Did you get a tempting deal for your loyalty or have you taken up gambling?

No deal, no gambling, just using funds from no cruising for 2.5 years.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

No deal, no gambling, just using funds from no cruising for 2.5 years.

I can't think of anyone who deserves a deal for loyalty more!  It usually takes "no single supplement" to entice me.  I thought there would be more temptation following Covid.  "

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Are you going inside, balcony, minisuite or back into the suite?

8 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Good question!  We all want to know but didn't like to ask!

Lol, They have had a suite for one of the cruises. So I was just wondering if for the longer cruise they could go back to a non suite stateroom. There are obvious advantages with more room and perks  I love suites but sometimes the price difference doesn't make up for the extras.

23 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Are you going inside, balcony, minisuite or back into the suite?

I wish we could have got a suite but no such luck plus it would have bent the budget too far out of shape.

We opted for a mid-aft minisuite as the only balcony cabins were either guarantees or in locations we didn't like. That bent the budget a bit more than we liked but it's worth it for a 28 day cruise.

• Like 4

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

I wish we could have got a suite but no such luck plus it would have bent the budget too far out of shape.

We opted for a mid-aft minisuite as the only balcony cabins were either guarantees or in locations we didn't like. That bent the budget a bit more than we liked but it's worth it for a 28 day cruise.

Good that you could get a mini then, I thought availability  would be limiting choices 

• Like 1

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Lol, They have had a suite for one of the cruises. So I was just wondering if for the longer cruise they could go back to a non suite stateroom. There are obvious advantages with more room and perks  I love suites but sometimes the price difference doesn't make up for the extras.

We also had a suite on the first cruise we did this year, then a minisuite, then the second suite, and currently we have a regular balcony. Luckily there weren't any suites available to tempt us. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Good that you could get a mini then, I thought availability  would be limiting choices 

That was actually a deciding factor in booking. If we had only had the choice of guarantee cabins or ones in locations that we didn't like we wouldn't have booked. But there was one lonely unbooked minisuite on Dolphin deck that was just saying "Book me! Book me!". 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That was actually a deciding factor in booking. If we had only had the choice of guarantee cabins or ones in locations that we didn't like we wouldn't have booked. But there was one lonely unbooked minisuite on Dolphin deck that was just saying "Book me! Book me!". 🤣🤣🤣

Julie, how exciting. Did you book this on the ship through the Future Cruises Desk, or online yourselves?

25 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Love it 🥰🥰🥰

27 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Julie, how exciting. Did you book this on the ship through the Future Cruises Desk, or online yourselves?

Through the Future Cruises Desk. It didn't get us any extra OBC though. We did get extra for this cruise but the promo rules may not apply to longer cruises.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Good work, you cannot take the $ to the grave. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Oh my apologies. You are correct. I saw the word "terminal" and assumed that is what is was for. Thanks for clarifying 🙂

20 hours ago, windsor26 said:

I think the charge is not for printing but for using a credit card as they say it will get a surcharge

The final September cruise is almost over and we are packing our bags for our short sojourn at home. We have packed one bag with clean  clothes and other stuff that we won't need while we're home so that's one bag already packed for Tuesday! 😊

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The final September cruise is almost over and we are packing our bags for our short sojourn at home. We have packed one bag with clean  clothes and other stuff that we won't need while we're home so that's one bag already packed for Tuesday! 😊

Enjoy your cruise, you only live once and I have enjoyed your posts.