BOOSTER REQUIRED!

B&J1

I booked this Cruise yesterday: Zuiderdam, November 17th Panama canal sailing.  At that time, it required pre-testing to board and "fully vaccinated".... which was defined as having completed the first two shots. Well today, they came out with a new list for certain cruises which states that this Cruise now requires a booster (to be considered "fully vaccinated") if you original series is older than 5 months. 😠

https://www.hollandamerica.com/content/dam/hal/inventory-assets/Health_Sanitation/2022/Enhanced-Protocols-0831.pdf

I do not want to get the booster.

My TA called to try to get a refund for me considering I just booked yesterday, however it's beyond the time frame to receive any type of refund. My TA was told she could call on Monday to try to get an exception but since Monday is a holiday it is it will now be Tuesday.

I am astounded that they are increasing vaccine requirements. ☹️

Apologies, just venting my frustrations. Thanks for listening.

Edited by B&J1
  • Like 3

I’m sorry for you but HAL is only requiring one booster - there have been 2 and another on the way.  And, many countries now require a booster / vaccine within 270 days or less.

Honestly, I don’t consider anyone “fully vaccinated” unless they have at least one booster.  The initial vaccines lose immunization protection and the new variants require slightly different protection.

Hope your TA can help 🤞 and if not, that HAL still has their covid cancellation protection that you can utilize.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

As @crystalspinmentioned you can invoke the Covid cancellation policy.  I think everyone needs to accept that Covid restrictions and polices are changeable and will be for the next few years. I don’t like it either but I am willing to comply or reschedule.  I consider it just a travel risk, there are always risks with travel. 

• Like 9

11 hours ago, B&J1 said:

I booked this Cruise yesterday: Zuiderdam, November 17th Panama canal sailing.  At that time, it required pre-testing to board and "fully vaccinated".... which was defined as having completed the first two shots. Well today, they came out with a new list for certain cruises which states that this Cruise now requires a booster (to be considered "fully vaccinated") if you original series is older than 5 months. 😠

https://www.hollandamerica.com/content/dam/hal/inventory-assets/Health_Sanitation/2022/Enhanced-Protocols-0831.pdf

I do not want to get the booster.

My TA called to try to get a refund for me considering I just booked yesterday, however it's beyond the time frame to receive any type of refund. My TA was told she could call on Monday to try to get an exception but since Monday is a holiday it is it will now be Tuesday.

I am astounded that they are increasing vaccine requirements. ☹️

Apologies, just venting my frustrations. Thanks for listening.

I expect that it is a requirement of Panama. They have had some of stricter testing requirements for ships going through the canal.

37 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

They didn't and don't for my upcoming cruise. 

they don't on most cruises but ones that visit Panama, France and French Polynesia probably do. At least as of a few weeks ago France still required them.

50 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

They didn't and don't for my upcoming cruise. 

correct. it's the ports. Don't shoot the messenger.. 

OP You should be fine to  cancel till year end

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/worry-free-promise/flexible-cancellation.html

Edited by JesseLivermore
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ldtr said:

they don't on most cruises but ones that visit Panama, France and French Polynesia probably do. At least as of a few weeks ago France still required them.

When we went to France last Fall, vaccine and/or tests were required as well as the vaccine/test passport for eating and museums etc so I understand. France has since lifted ALL restrictions as of August 1st. (I think many EU nations have followed suit now) from: https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/

What are the rules relating to the vaccine pass?

Since 14 March 2022, the “vaccine pass” has been lifted in France in all areas where it was previously required (cultural and leisure venues, commercial catering, professional trade shows, etc.). Similarly, the COVID certificate is no longer required as of 1 August 2022.

What are the current rules applied at national borders?

Since the outset of the crisis, the health check system at borders has protected our healthcare system and delayed the arrival into France of worrying variants. This system was removed on 1 August 2022.

Therefore, the rules previously in place for travellers to France no longer apply:

• Travellers no longer have any formalities to complete before arriving into mainland or overseas France, and the COVID certificate can no longer be required, irrespective of the country or area of origin;
  • Proof of a compelling reason for travel can no longer be required;
  • Travellers no longer need to present a sworn declaration that they are not infected with COVID-19 and pledge to take an antigen test or biological exam upon arrival in France.
    This also applies to travel between mainland France and each of the overseas territories.

However, in the event of a dangerous variant, a system requiring a negative virological test upon entering France may be reinstated for travellers arriving from countries believed to be at risk.

The government will thus maintain the option to use “emergency brake” measures for a maximum period of two months, following a recommendation from the Haute autorité de santé (French National Authority for Health) in the event of the emergence and circulation of a new COVID-19 variant which can be a serious health risk, or in overseas territories, if the health system is at risk of saturation.

Furthermore, for foreign travel, a vaccination certificate, a negative test certificate or proof of recovery in EU format may be required by the destination country. It is also recommended to store all relevant documents on the TousAntiCovid application or print them out.

For the health rules in force for entering other countries, travellers should visit the “Conseils aux voyageurs” section on the Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs website (in French only).

Edited by fatcat04

2 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

France has since lifted ALL restrictions as of August 1st. (I think many EU nations have followed suit now) from: https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-

Spain requires proof of vaccine and if you last one is over x days old,  you must be boosted.  https://www.spth.gob.es/

I think there are more EU countries that have implemented this than people realize.  No testing is required but proof of vaccine (QR code) is required to enter.

Mine is in place and ready to go unless I can get the next booster before our cruise.  

• Like 1

Not getting upset until December rolls around. As I see it everything will change a couple times until then and going to the pharmacy for a Covid test if necessary takes 15 minutes, so vaccinated or not I can get tested to keep people from worrying about me being contagious. 

• Like 2

I made an appt for us to get the new booster for Wednesday, Sept 7.  And that's in rural Kentucky where nobody ever has anything.  🙂

I was delighted, and we can get our  flu shots at the same time, one shot in each arm, and then we'll go home and spend Thursday whining. 🙂

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, boze9999 said:

It's Saturday Sept 3rd and friends of mine in California are already getting the NEW vaccine - just a FYI.

Yep, I have my appointment next week for the updated covid booster too. (San Francisco east bay) 

I'll have lots of new antibodies circulating before my September 25th cruise from Vancouver!!  😁

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, boze9999 said:

It's Saturday Sept 3rd and friends of mine in California are already getting the NEW vaccine - just a FYI.

12 hours ago, cowmilker said:

I made an appt for us to get the new booster for Wednesday, Sept 7.  And that's in rural Kentucky where nobody ever has anything.  🙂

I was delighted, and we can get our  flu shots at the same time, one shot in each arm, and then we'll go home and spend Thursday whining. 🙂

Which booster is it?  Pfizer, Moderna or another?

Thanks.