Joy: 10946 is NOT an angled balcony! Deck plans are WRONG!

fstuff1

I am currently on the Joy in Rm 10948.

I wished i got the angled balcony next door.

Or so I thought...

This is what the deck plans show on NCL's site:

image.jpeg.e911b24bd3030e776f18618022d82337.jpeg

But when I got to my balcony, I saw this:

image.thumb.jpeg.3d3081dff5058c215fecde0472d656cd.jpeg

As you can see, 10946 is NOT an angled balcony!

It's the same balcony as mine (10948).
10942 is the angled balcony.

NCL's deck plans are WRONG!
It is probably the same on the other side (10346)

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• fstuff1 changed the title to Joy: 10946 is NOT an angled balcony! Deck plans are WRONG!
3 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

I interpreted their post as they were trying to be informative for others, unless I read it wrong?

I also take it as a bit of a warning not to be too trusting of NCL's deck plans and cabin/suite categories, and especially given that there are already discussions of other, er, peculiarities... and the ship is just starting to have passengers who may notice and report "issues".

When NCL removed bathtubs from some Haven suites (and other accommodations, I think), the old diagrams stay up waaaay too long.  The ship was sailing for quite some time, and photos were from passengers, showing that NCL's online diagrams were just not accurate anymore.  NCL gave some dates by which the website would be "fixed", and... nothing.

They also did not seem to comprehend why any passengers would be concerned by the changes. 😠 )

GC

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

I interpreted their post as they were trying to be informative for others, unless I read it wrong?

Perhaps.  I didn't question the value of the information.  I think that most of us don't rely on the NCL website for this level of detail regarding room selection.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Perhaps.  I didn't question the value of the information.  I think that most of us don't rely on the NCL website for this level of detail regarding room selection.  

Sadly, people SHOULD be able to rely on the NCL website for accurate deck plan info -  but clearly they can't. 😞

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

Sadly, people SHOULD be able to rely on the NCL website for accurate deck plan info -  but clearly they can't. 😞

NCL doesn't sell angled balconies.  They sell balconies.  If folks want the angled ones (or whatever other minutia they are fixated on), it's up to them to seek out accurate info.  We benefit greatly from a wealth of knowledge on this forum, but at the end of the day it can wind up a crap shoot.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

NCL doesn't sell angled balconies.  They sell balconies.  If folks want the angled ones (or whatever other minutia they are fixated on), it's up to them to seek out accurate info.  We benefit greatly from a wealth of knowledge on this forum, but at the end of the day it can wind up a crap shoot.

Yes, which was the point of the OP's post. They were letting other folks know what what the actual situation is on the ship. I didn't read it at all as if they were mad about anything (if you read the post, they did not book or expect an angled balcony themselves -  they were strictly sharing for others' benefit which some people may appreciate.)  If the information doesn't help you, I get that -  but you posted asking for clarity so I was trying to help you understand.

• Like 3

Thank you for sharing! Whenever I look for the secret bargain bigger balconies (angled), I always reference the NCL site deckplans first, but verify with  Youtube, Cruise Critic and other internet searches before I book. So info like this is super helpful!

19 minutes ago, weltek said:

Thank you for sharing! Whenever I look for the secret bargain bigger balconies (angled), I always reference the NCL site deckplans first, but verify with  Youtube, Cruise Critic and other internet searches before I book. So info like this is super helpful!

Well said!   Much thanks to OP for sharing this.  

If you have a choice of cabins, it's always good to research before booking.... especially for the 'secret' larger balconies. 😎

• 1 year later...