ship tours back?

luckyinpa

5 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

just curious. isnt on the planner but as i recall you need to do it at the front desk if they are doing them

Correct. Ask after you board. If you've never done one, they're well worth the cost. IIRC ~$150pp when we did it. The swag we got was worth the cost.

Be sure to pack close-toe shoes, can't do the tour without them.

21 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

just curious. isnt on the planner but as i recall you need to do it at the front desk if they are doing them

We asked at Guest Services on our August Caribbean Princess cruise.  We were told they weren't currently being offered due to COVID protocols.  She couldn't say when she thought they might resume.

1 hour ago, msmoger said:

We asked at Guest Services on our August Caribbean Princess cruise.  We were told they weren't currently being offered due to COVID protocols.  She couldn't say when she thought they might resume.

They will probably be back at the same time that cockpit tours in airplanes start and for the same reason.

DON

5 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Correct. Ask after you board. If you've never done one, they're well worth the cost. IIRC ~$150pp when we did it. The swag we got was worth the cost.

Be sure to pack close-toe shoes, can't do the tour without them.

There are ship tours and there are ship tours.

1.  Bon Voyage Lunch/tour - gone

2.  Ship's tour for $150 - gone

3.  Self-guided tours - free 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

There are ship tours and there are ship tours.

1.  Bon Voyage Lunch/tour - gone

2.  Ship's tour for $150 - gone

3.  Self-guided tours - free 

1. Did the BVE several times and really miss it. Never actually did the tour...we were there for the OBC rebate and the lunch.🤣

2. Did the ship's tour once. Very informative and we hope they'll bring it back.

3. Self-guided is definitely free, but you can't get into the areas that were included in the official ship's tour.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, WatchHill said:

Princess will probably add it to the Medallion App, sort of like using Waze, but with an added charge that you can book through Shorex. 

Darcy

Having a free tour included in the Medallion app might not be to bad for the newbies on the ship. 

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Having a free tour included in the Medallion app might not be to bad for the newbies on the ship. 

My fuzzy memory recalls when Princess first introduced technology to pair with our iphones. Passengers were encouraged to download something associated with their booking and cabin; doing so, you could go to any bar and show this feature that entitled you to a free drink. DH, wanting to sever ties with his moblie phone, left it at home - I got my free drink and he had to pay for his. Now we have the beverage package, so something similar wouldn''t work. Maybe a small OBC for first time users?

Darcy

17 minutes ago, WatchHill said:

My fuzzy memory recalls when Princess first introduced technology to pair with our iphones. Passengers were encouraged to download something associated with their booking and cabin; doing so, you could go to any bar and show this feature that entitled you to a free drink. DH, wanting to sever ties with his moblie phone, left it at home - I got my free drink and he had to pay for his. Now we have the beverage package, so something similar wouldn''t work. Maybe a small OBC for first time users?

Darcy

They have dropped the first drink free.  We used to get that on each cruise pre-Covid.  It was in the old Ocean Medallion app.  Since the new MC App, we have to kiss goodbye to a free drink.