Prima onboard now

herbanrenewal

Review thus far

Room- I love mine. It’s been too cold for sitting in the balcony And compared to other ships seems roomier. Great showers. I think my only criticism is the tv location across from the bed- great if your lounging about in bed, but you can’t watch tv from the couch.

Food

I have special dietary needs so can’t really review for general menu offerings. For one with very strict and specific needs I can say the fixed menus make it MUCH easier to plan and preorder what I need. Both in Hudsons(which I LOVE) and the specialty restaurants I’ve been to. Staff has been super easy to communicate needs, and totally responsive. Everything I’ve eaten has been well prepared. Kudos to all the chefs, matre de, wait staff- literally every staff member makes me feel honored and valued.

Internet access

Internet has been very spotty. Best reception is near The Whiskey Bar. Yesterday and today. In the Norwegian Fjords not only inconsistent internet but no tv signals either.

Overall impression

I’ve seen/heard others comment on what they dislike but I love the decor, the artworks, restaurants, the activities. Just about everything on this ship.

I love the fixed menus. I probably have a more limited diet than anyone else, but I find plenty I can enjoy. Everything seems roomier. Love the Observation Lounge . 

I thoroughly am enjoying the Prima!

• Like 8

We just had our meet and greet. Almost entire exec team was here. Unfortunately only less than 1/2 of us showed up. Please dont sign up for m&g if you don’t intend to come. The staff went to a lot of effort for us. If we expect cc to continue to be respected by NCL we should respect their time and efforts in our behalf.

Edited by herbanrenewal
  • Like 12

4 hours ago, herbanrenewal said:

Review thus far

Room- I love mine. It’s been too cold for sitting in the balcony And compared to other ships seems roomier. Great showers. I think my only criticism is the tv location across from the bed- great if your lounging about in bed, but you can’t watch tv from the couch.

What type of cabin?  Standard balcony or something else?

The never changing menus really haven’t been an issue for me.  We’re on a 10 day cruise, and five of our evening meals will be in specialty restaurants.  We’ll probably have dinner one evening in The Local and the rest in the MDR.  There’s enough variety on the MDR menu to satisfy us.  If we were on a longer cruise or a B2B, though, it might get repetitive.

5 hours ago, herbanrenewal said:

We just had our meet and greet. Almost entire exec team was here. Unfortunately only less than 1/2 of us showed up. Please dont sign up for m&g if you don’t intend to come. The staff went to a lot of effort for us. If we expect cc to continue to be respected by NCL we should respect their time and efforts in our behalf.

Our CC host @darlak8 said there were 88 signed up.  It looked to me like about 30 or 35 in attendance.  There may have been some confusion about the location.  NCL changed the venue just a week before sailing, so some may have gone to the original venue instead.

Edited by The Traveling Man

2 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

Our CC host @darlak8 said there were 88 signed up.  It looked to me like about 30 or 35 in attendance.  There may have been some confusion about the location.  NCL changed the venue just a week before sailing, so some may have gone to the original venue instead.

Yes that may have created some to be misdirected, my accomplise (💕) went to Los Lobos and found the person running the function up there was redirecting CC people to Belevedere.

Thanks to those who attended, to the ship staff for a nice setup and to Captain Roger and all the officers and dept heads in attendance.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, curlstravel said:

I have food sensitivities too.  Where did you go to  pre order your food?

You need to register with NCL's Access Desk prior to your cruise. They will make arrangements to ensure your dietary restrictions are accommodated.

17 hours ago, Karaboudjan said:

What type of cabin?  Standard balcony or something else?

I got a last minute upgrade from interior to standard BA balcony. its listed a midship, but near aft elevators. I've seen interiors and they seem pretty much the same. Ive heard from friends with Haven that it doesn't seem "sparkly" or "luxurious" to suit their taste, but very consistent with newer minimalist high end hotel decor

.I honestly think for a fall North Atlantic cruise I wouldn't bother with upgrading from a Oceanview. But for a warm weather cruise, obviously the balcony and Haven are the way to splurge.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SeaShark said:

You need to register with NCL's Access Desk prior to your cruise. They will make arrangements to ensure your dietary restrictions are accommodated.

also talk to matrede at lunchtime, and every day pre-order by lunchtime for dinner.

Depending on nature of your needs.

Because of my kidney failure I can not have anything prepared with salt, and very limited total sodium intake, so need grilled, baked, broiled meat or fish, no sauces or pre-prepared dishes, not even mashed potatoes or bread.  I eat all my meals in main dining room or specialty restaurant. after the second day they know me, and ask where I'm eating at dinner in addition to getting my breakfast and lunch preferences.

Any way to possibly post the drink menus from the Metropolitan and the Belvidere? The few new options I've seen on other threads look great.  Looking forward to seeing Clarence the Chocolate Cowboy and sampling the new spicy watermelon concoction at the Metropolitan.  Have 25 days booked between 11 over Halloween and a B2B next year.

• Like 2

On 9/20/2022 at 6:36 AM, CruizinSusan70 said:

Any way to possibly post the drink menus from the Metropolitan and the Belvidere? The few new options I've seen on other threads look great.  Looking forward to seeing Clarence the Chocolate Cowboy and sampling the new spicy watermelon concoction at the Metropolitan.  Have 25 days booked between 11 over Halloween and a B2B next year.

I'd really appreciate seeing drink menus as well.

11 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

You mentioned that the TV is across from the bed and can't be seen from the couch. Are you able to pull it out from the wall on a swivel or anything? Or is it just a fixed position on the wall?

fixed to the wall.

if it swiveled you could direct to couch, or out towards balcony...but its in a fixed position. But it would stick out into the walkable space in theorem, so maybe they left it fixed so you can't injure yourself or pull it off the wall.

Today was the first time I used the thermal spa. There are really nice aspects - the varied loungers to suit almost anyone, great steam and sauna rooms, lovely to relax in the lounge over looking the front of ship, though the loungers by the windows are the heated ones that feel too hot after a while.. 

missed opportunities -

the pools are larger than they looked in the YouTube video, but there are no jets, waterfalls, seats or other attractions - just warm water. The smaller area is warmer and shallower, sort of a depth that you need to squat to keep shoulders under water, but too deep to sit in it. with no bench or seating. 

locker rooms are almost a complete miss. small and no changing area. There are two nice showers, one of which is larger handicap designated. there is no changing area in the shower, and nowhere to hang your towel or dry clothing while you shower.

one small bench seat to put on your shoes.

I honestly thought that each area of the thermal spa is designed for a short visit. Only the padded loungers encourage settling down with a book.

• Thanks 1