Medallion bracelet holders for adults

DANCING GRANDMOMMY

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0B97P8MLP?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I've just ordered these for my DH and DS. Blue camo for DS, green camo for DH.

61PCYCj28aL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I'll use the clip we used back in 2019.... If we like these bands, I'll buy another one for myself. I like the confetti color.

71vOE7IjRgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

I see a large variety of air tag bracelets on Amazon, but most are for kids. My husband wants silicone with a buckle. Any ideas? Thank you in advance

You can also buy one OB rubber, lightweight. It was $12, I think. 

They have some really good ones onboard  and not really expensive.  I think mine, a silicone one was like $12 and I’ve worn it a lot and it’s showing no signs of wear.  My DH got a sports band one that he really likes and it was under $20.  I also got one of the bangle ones as a gift when onboard … I really like that one as well.  The ones they sell on the ship (or ahead of time online via the app) have a magnetic component to them so they don’t easily lose the medallion.  It only fits in a certain way.  
There is no (elite) discount on these items but there is no tax.  I think they are well worth it.  If it is the wrong size or if it breaks (I can’t see that happening), they will exchange it for you onboard.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

I see a large variety of air tag bracelets on Amazon, but most are for kids. My husband wants silicone with a buckle. Any ideas? Thank you in advance

The velcro straps that say they are for kids fit adults as well.  My husband and I both have one

• Like 2

Measure your wrist before you order any watch like band.  For example, the first post with the camoflage bands fit wrists up to 7.08".  I'm not large but my wrist is almost 8"....That band will not fit a large number of adults.  To get an idea....take a piece of dental floss or a computer wire and wrap it around your wrist comfortably.  Then measure that floss/wire length.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ghstudio said:

Measure your wrist before you order any watch like band.  For example, the first post with the camoflage bands fit wrists up to 7.08".  I'm not large but my wrist is almost 8"....That band will not fit a large number of adults.  To get an idea....take a piece of dental floss or a computer wire and wrap it around your wrist comfortably.  Then measure that floss/wire length.

Good idea. I can tell you OB, they do carry bracelets or wrist bands in Sm Med and Large.  The rubber sports bands have a buckle and are plenty big. The metal gold/silver ladies bangle bracelet runs small, even the large. So, it’s good to try those on first.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

The camo bands might not be approved for Barbados. 

"The wearing of any form of camouflage is illegal in Barbados. Do not dress in, or carry, items made of camouflage material. Possession and distribution of illegal drugs/narcotics is strictly prohibited. If convicted of such an offence the crime is punishable by a fine or imprisonment or both.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ghstudio said:

that's a very good point. They are arriving today, and with amazon we can always send them back for free. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 1:44 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0B97P8MLP?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I've just ordered these for my DH and DS. Blue camo for DS, green camo for DH.

I'll use the clip we used back in 2019.... If we like these bands, I'll buy another one for myself. I like the confetti color.

71vOE7IjRgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thank you.

9 hours ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

Thank you.

They are here! Very cute and smooth silicone, but the previous posters were right - beware of sizing. Definitely go with another vendor who sells a larger size band unless you are buying them for a dainty lady, small/skinny man, or a preteen/child. They'll fit my 11 yo big boy (5'1, >100#), but on my wrist it had to be on the last punch and it was borderline tight. I am a large woman with non-dainty wrists - 7.5" min, and I will have to buy one for myself from a different vendor.

The only reason I went with this vendor is because at the time it was the only one that sold two different camo colors in the same package. Others followed suit AFTER I purchased it.

20220923_085613.thumb.jpg.43673da642e637e419a2168094fb9e46.jpg

20220923_085130.thumb.jpg.3ddf6d24c133092e0b50c4ccc48a759c.jpg

20220923_085157.thumb.jpg.08d6d6c16bb6d863104dd656ff1a4e15.jpg

For my kid, but I am modeling it:

20220923_085714.thumb.jpg.1464c37f6172cbdba5feabfeae54db0c.jpg

20220923_085742.thumb.jpg.d7c0e0ddd89f10e6aeb7a0e5bb40fec9.jpg

Oh, hubs woke up just in time to model - it actually fits him better, he is 6'1, but athletic (skinny build, <200#), so you could call him a large man, but it wouldn't be true for this particular review:

20220923_091120.thumb.jpg.f5e2d348f85203358282b3fc58e77043.jpg20220923_091128.thumb.jpg.e59e36cc6b0a4f73bf26f9cb9bffc9c5.jpg20220923_091146.thumb.jpg.c9959cb182928bf5ed02f6d480953751.jpg

Here is what we used in 2019:

20220923_085417.thumb.jpg.d80d3b4c65d2dfa7432598c3fe37398f.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 3:43 AM, MissP22 said:

The camo bands might not be approved for Barbados. 

"The wearing of any form of camouflage is illegal in Barbados. Do not dress in, or carry, items made of camouflage material. Possession and distribution of illegal drugs/narcotics is strictly prohibited. If convicted of such an offence the crime is punishable by a fine or imprisonment or both.

I don't quite get your connection of camo bands and the possession or distribution of drugs as it relates to this topic. Drug smugglers may wear camo but not all camo wearers are into drugs.

1 minute ago, Colorado Coasty said:

I don't quite get your connection of camo bands and the possession or distribution of drugs as it relates to this topic. Drug smugglers may wear camo but not all camo wearers are into drugs.

It is just a Government rule. They tell you before you disembark that it is prohibited. Several islands in the Caribbean have restrictions. It’s also printed in the patter.

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

It is just a Government rule. They tell you before you disembark that it is prohibited. Several islands in the Caribbean have restrictions. It’s also printed in the patter.

Yes, that is true and good for people to know but the comment about drugs is not material to the topic of this thread.

3 minutes ago, Colorado Coasty said:

Yes, that is true and good for people to know but the comment about drugs is not material to the topic of this thread.

True, poster just quoting the island restriction as it was related to a camo medallion bracelet.

40 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

True, poster just quoting the island restriction as it was related to a camo medallion bracelet.

FYI:

Under the Defence Act CAP. 159 Section 188, Subsection 1 Clause (b)

(1) A person is guilty of an offence who:

(a) Wears in a public place, without authority, the uniform of the Barbados Defence Force, not being a member of the force, or any dress having the appearance or bearing any of the regimental or other distinctive marks of any such uniform.

(b) wears without authority:

(i) any uniform or part thereof, or any article of clothing made from any of the disruptive pattern materials used for making the military uniform commonly called the “camouflage uniform” or from the any of other material so nearly resembling any of these materials as is likely to deceive.

The Penalty:

Under Section 188, Subsection 5, any person found guilty of any of these offences is liable on summary conviction to a fine of $2000 or to one year imprisonment or both. (RBPF)

No mention of drugs.

1 hour ago, Colorado Coasty said:

I think it was just a matter of copying and pasting the entire paragraph from whatever source the poster took it from, not the actual statute.

1 hour ago, Colorado Coasty said:

FYI:

Under the Defence Act CAP. 159 Section 188, Subsection 1 Clause (b)

(1) A person is guilty of an offence who:

(a) Wears in a public place, without authority, the uniform of the Barbados Defence Force, not being a member of the force, or any dress having the appearance or bearing any of the regimental or other distinctive marks of any such uniform.

(b) wears without authority:

(i) any uniform or part thereof, or any article of clothing made from any of the disruptive pattern materials used for making the military uniform commonly called the “camouflage uniform” or from the any of other material so nearly resembling any of these materials as is likely to deceive.

The Penalty:

Under Section 188, Subsection 5, any person found guilty of any of these offences is liable on summary conviction to a fine of $2000 or to one year imprisonment or both. (RBPF)

No mention of drugs.

You are correct.

Try explaining it to security as you enter their terminal.

All you need is one gung ho individual that forces you to bring it back to the ship or not enter Barbados to meet your tour group.

If you already wear a watch, using something to attach it to your watch band is super convenient.  That's what I did last week on Discovery. I took an airtag holder for a dog collar and attached it to my watchband. It was really easy to scan it when needed and I didn't have to wear something on my right wrist that I wasn't used to.

Of course YMMV. The first thing my wife did when we boarded was walk up to the medallion accessories desk and bought a $54 gold bracelet to hold her medallion. That was our first purchase/transaction with the medallion and I saw right then how slick it really is. No need to sign anything, no need to do anything at all. My wife was handed the bracelet and thanked by name for her purchase, and we walked away. Wow!