Port Line Question

bowler15547

We are traveling with my future MIL (separate reservations/rooms) and her friend in November. They are first time cruisers, and we are Diamond Plus. Will they be able to accompany us through the Diamond Plus line or should we use the general check-in line? She is very hard of hearing and will require my fiance's assistance when checking in. 

12 minutes ago, bowler15547 said:

We are traveling with my future MIL (separate reservations/rooms) and her friend in November. They are first time cruisers, and we are Diamond Plus. Will they be able to accompany us through the Diamond Plus line or should we use the general check-in line? She is very hard of hearing and will require my fiance's assistance when checking in. 

They will be allowed to check in with you.

54 minutes ago, bowler15547 said:

There is no diamond plus line at check in at Galveston.. havent read of it elsewhere. Just choose the same time to check in. 

Only key, hc, and suites got priority at check in. .. well pinnacle gets it as they are treated same as suites. So 4. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bowler15547 said:

One suggestion, alter your reservation so either you or your fiancé is listed in their cabin and get them the balcony booking discount. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

One suggestion, alter your reservation so either you or your fiancé is listed in their cabin and get them the balcony booking discount. 

We all complain about cutbacks by the cruise lines, but they are constantly dealing with customers who have no qualms about this type of behavior

• Like 2

13 hours ago, rjrpar said:

We all complain about cutbacks by the cruise lines, but they are constantly dealing with customers who have no qualms about this type of behavior

Royal Caribbean customer reps/phone bookers will suggest this all the time.

• Haha 1

CAS priority is generally after check in if you arrive before the ship is embarking guests. If the ship is already boarding when you arrive then there are generally no CAS lines or queues in play.

Outside of the terminal prior to security there is typically only a suite/pinnacle queue and then everyone else.   D+ or any other level don't typically have a queue any more.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 2

On 9/23/2022 at 11:54 AM, rjrpar said:

What type of behaviour?  They are all traveling together.  This is just resource allocation. The fact that they get a discount will only inspire them to cruise more to get to that level.  We’ve done this with family for years.  And, you know what, we’re all now diamond or higher.  Do I think the cruise line feels hard done by, no.  I think they like the repeat business.