Caribbean Princess 10 night Partial Panama Canal - which nights will be Formal?

AtlantaCruiser72

Trying to plan my dining to eat away from MDR on formal nights - hate the chaos and extra crowds - plus don't want to "dress" for those night (always do slacks/dress jeans and either a button down or nice golf shirt but not doing suit/jacket/tie, etc).  Any idea which nights will be Formal?  I'm assuming 2 and 9????  I want to go ahead and reserve crown and Sabatini's for those nights.

Itinerary

Day 1 Ft Lauderdale

Day 2 At Sea

Day 3 At Sea

Day 4 Cartagena

Day 5 Panama Canal

Day 6 Limon

Day 7 At Sea

Day 8 Falmouth

Day 9 Grand Cayman

Day 10 At Sea

Day 11 Ft. Lauderdale

3 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Trying to plan my dining to eat away from MDR on formal nights - hate the chaos and extra crowds - plus don't want to "dress" for those night (always do slacks/dress jeans and either a button down or nice golf shirt but not doing suit/jacket/tie, etc).  Any idea which nights will be Formal?  I'm assuming 2 and 9????  I want to go ahead and reserve crown and Sabatini's for those nights.

Itinerary

Day 1 Ft Lauderdale

Day 2 At Sea

Day 3 At Sea

Day 4 Cartagena

Day 5 Panama Canal

Day 6 Limon

Day 7 At Sea

Day 8 Falmouth

Day 9 Grand Cayman

Day 10 At Sea

Day 11 Ft. Lauderdale

100% Day 2.

What are your departure times from Grand Cayman and Jamaica?  I'd say one of those if a somewhat early departure.  IMO, they will only back up to Day 7 if neither Day 8 or 9 are suitable.

I have the same itinerary booked in Feb. 2023.  All I see on the itinerary listing in the cruise personalizer is:

Your itinerary includes 2 formal nights and 8 smart casual nights. Formal nights tend to occur on sea days. However, since exceptions can happen, it's always a good idea to check your Patter for details.

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

As you must know, there is no need to dress formally for the DR's.  😉

Exactly, I got off Coral Princess on Thursday in Sydney (Australia.)  There were t shirts and shorts in MDR on so called formal nights and on all other nights. Princess should get rid of Formal nights if they won't enforce them.

On 9/23/2022 at 8:17 PM, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

@Steelers36 image.png.2d204e705c7afac2b4729acf94dd0be3.png

I had assumed the Grand Cayman Day, but u & me know what is contained in "assume" ......

@AtlantaCruiser72Hey dude.

This itinerary caught my eye, and we might be interested in 2024.

I have some questions, so can you contact me? My email is below.

Thanks

(I know I could ask here, but don't care to share my inquiries in public😵

victheparrotatyahoodotcom 

You can see which nights are scheduled as formal nights in the Journey View activities timeline in the app. Every evening will show either “casual” or “formal” portraits. I’ve seen it populate as much as a couple of months before a cruise

1 hour ago, Torfamm said:

You can see which nights are scheduled as formal nights in the Journey View activities timeline in the app. Every evening will show either “casual” or “formal” portraits. I’ve seen it populate as much as a couple of months before a cruise

As of today I don’t see anything in the Journey View for our December 8th sailing but will keep checking 👍

On 9/23/2022 at 4:35 PM, skynight said:

As above or maybe day 2 & 7

I agree with days 2 and 7.

First sea day is always a formal evening unless there is a special holiday (think New Years Eve) soon after the first sea day.

And day 7 is separated enough from day 2 it will be the 2nd formal evening as it is the last sea day other than the last full day on boad which is never a formal evening.

6 hours ago, SiliconCruiser said:

It is your cruise, you paid for it and are entitled to everything that is offered.  Don't let someone else's snooty attitudes stop you from enjoying it.  Button down shirt or nice golf/polo shirt is perfectly acceptable in the MDR on formal nights, along with slacks or even nice jeans (the kind that don't have pre-made holes.  And realistically you won't be out of place, as you might be sailing with the trailer park brigade.

Spot on, just off Coral, casual clothes as above were acceptable in MDR on formal nights. Not formal any more, so get rid of them.

• 3 weeks later...

I am on this cruise and the journey timeline has a few events listed including a champagne waterfall on day 4…I would guess this is one of the formal nights. If that is the case I think it would be 4 and 9?

Edited by mcgratru