Canada Lifts Covid Restrictions at boarders

JPH814

Announced today!!

"The (Canadian) federal government says it's dropping all COVID-19 measures at borders on Saturday, meaning travellers will no longer need to provide proof of vaccination when entering Canada or wear masks on planes and trains.

As of Oct. 1, all travellers, regardless of citizenship, will no longer have to:

• Submit public health information through the ArriveCAN app or website;
  • Provide proof of vaccination;
  • Undergo pre- or on-arrival testing;
  • Carry out COVID-19-related quarantine or isolation;
  • Monitor and report if they develop signs or symptoms of COVID-19 upon arriving to Canada;
  • Undergo health checks for travel on air and rail;
  • Or wear masks on planes and trains."
  •  

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/arrivecan-border-covid-end-1.6595710

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JPH814 said:

Announced today!!

"The (Canadian) federal government says it's dropping all COVID-19 measures at borders on Saturday, meaning travellers will no longer need to provide proof of vaccination when entering Canada or wear masks on planes and trains.

As of Oct. 1, all travellers, regardless of citizenship, will no longer have to:

• Monitor and report if they develop signs or symptoms of COVID-19 upon arriving to Canada;
  •  

Here's the official announcement.  It applies to cruise ships, too.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2022/09/government-of-canada-to-remove-covid-19-border-and-travel-measures-effective-october-1.html

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Xerxes10 said:
1 minute ago, Mauzac said:

Pah!  Bad timing!  We embark on Friday!  

That’s exactly how we feel about boarding the Odyssey on Friday!  
Bummer!     
To make matters worse, here on the west coast of Florida we are worried about the possibility that we will have problems trying to fly out.  United already sent an alert this past weekend about the storm..

5 minutes ago, Xerxes10 said:
1 minute ago, Mauzac said:

2 hours ago, jsiegel said:

We embark on October 4th but so far Seabourn has not updated their website and they still show the  Covid testing requirement.  I've got my vaccine card (just got the new booster) at the ready with my passport.

Jackie

Us too.  So relieved to get the new booster last week.  And have a tele-health Covid test booked Wednesday before we fly on Thursday.  All bases covered (hopefully).  Just have to tackle ArriveCan next, but I understand it's relatively simple (again hopefully)

@Cru Doll  Do hope your flight goes according to plan.  

5 hours ago, JPH814 said:

Announced today!!

•  

Terrific news!  

Common sense and courtesy should of course still prevail (e.g., I certainly hope that people with respiratory symptoms, whether from Covid, flu, or another virus, do not travel to crowded airports or on cruises when in their infectious period, or go on excursions with tight spacing if they get sick on board , though of course some will anyway).

4 hours ago, jsiegel said:

We embark on October 4th but so far Seabourn has not updated their website and they still show the  Covid testing requirement.  I've got my vaccine card (just got the new booster) at the ready with my passport.

Jackie

I just checked the health protocols on seabourns website and they were updated today!  Probably since you posted!  

https://www.seabourn.com/en_US/health-safety.html

Nancy

5 minutes ago, nancygp said:

I just checked the health protocols on seabourns website and they were updated today!  Probably since you posted!  

https://www.seabourn.com/en_US/health-safety.html

Nancy

I noticed that too, but then when I go to the protocol lookup, for my cruise leaving October 4th, it still states a covid test is required and the page is dated Sept. 22, 2022.  We've got our covid test scheduled and will keep it regardless, but I'll also keep checking if they update the "protocols" for our sailing.  It will be one less thing to worry about if they update it.

Jackie

16 minutes ago, jsiegel said:

I noticed that too, but then when I go to the protocol lookup, for my cruise leaving October 4th, it still states a covid test is required and the page is dated Sept. 22, 2022.  We've got our covid test scheduled and will keep it regardless, but I'll also keep checking if they update the "protocols" for our sailing.  It will be one less thing to worry about if they update it.

Jackie

Jackie, 

I just checked the protocol lookup for my voyage, it’s the one after yours and this is the info…keep in mind it’s not yet Oct 1st and twit might not be fully updated 

Enhanced Health Protocols

Unpublished

This specific booking and/or voyage does not yet have published protocols for COVID-19 vaccination and testing requirements. Please check closer to the embarkation date for updates.

Nancy

PS..WE still plan on getting tested although we recently recovered from a very, very mild case of Covid and we’re quadrupled vaxed 

Edited by nancygp

Despite getting an email this morning "Important Notification" stating that a covid test is required, when I did the "Protocol Lookup" this morning on the Seabourn website, it does finally state that a covid test is not required if you have been vaccinated for my sailing leaving in one week.  

The email was revised and I received this about 20 minutes ago:

IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION
We apologize for the incorrect information you may have recently received that was sent erroneously. Please see updated information for your voyage below:
We are pleased to share that Transport Canada has amended its COVID-19 protocols for cruise ship guests effective October 1, 2022. As a result, the pre-cruise testing and vaccination requirements for this voyage have changed.
- Guests ages 5 and above who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 do not
require pre-cruise COVID-19 testing for this voyage. To be considered fully vaccinated a guest must have completed their final dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days prior to embarkation.
- Guests ages 5 and above who have not been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 are required to take a viral COVID-19 test within three days of embarkation and attest to a negative result. A self-administered Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) is accepted.
- Guests are no longer required to complete ArriveCAN in advance of travel

NANCY

I received the apologetic correction too this morning.  Now we have to decide if we are going to cancel our PCR covid test at the drug store.  It's free but it's in the next town over and we have better things to be doing the day before we leave.

Jackie

When I got the first letter this morning I called Seabourn to inquire about this. The woman that answered told me she had gotten quite a few calls and to hold as she checked on it. She said it was in error as stated in the apologetic letter. However, she did state that she believed masks were coming back. Has anyone else heard this ? 

1 hour ago, fdnycruiser said:

When I got the first letter this morning I called Seabourn to inquire about this. The woman that answered told me she had gotten quite a few calls and to hold as she checked on it. She said it was in error as stated in the apologetic letter. However, she did state that she believed masks were coming back. Has anyone else heard this ? 

I’m not aware that masks are coming back nor is my very well connected TA

nancy

• Thanks 1