Distinctive voyage on Beyond (May 2023)

zitsky

Distinctive Voyage Includes:
- Services of a distinctive voyage host
- Invitation to a Private Welcome Reception
- An Exclusive Amenity (may include: exclusive shore event, onboard event, in-room gift, or shipboard credit)

Does anyone have a clue what Distinctive voyage relates to?  My TA sent this to me.  Am I finally getting the respect I deserve?

Edited by zitsky

28 minutes ago, zitsky said:

- An Exclusive Amenity (may include: exclusive shore event, onboard event, in-room gift, or shipboard credit)

Does anyone have a clue what Distinctive voyage relates to?  My TA sent this to me.  Am I finally getting the respect I deserve?

Did you ask the TA that sent it to you?

3 minutes ago, jwlane said:

DV is a TA perk that is not exclusive to Celebrity.  A consortium of TA's provides various free onboard amenities---we've been provided a couple of free shore excursion thru them on a couple of cruises.

Ok thank you for that.

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

It’s a perk offered by travel agency consortiums. 

Looking at the list of Distinctive Voyages for the Beyond in May 2023 it looks like the exclusive amenity will be a free shore excursion “Highlights of Sorrento and Naples”. 

10 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

It’s a perk offered by travel agency consortiums. 

Looking at the list of Distinctive Voyages for the Beyond in May 2023 it looks like the exclusive amenity will be a free shore excursion “Highlights of Sorrento and Naples”. 

Thank you.  I’ve never seen or heard about this.  Just happy that our canceled cruise will be a repeat on the BEYOND!

We have received this on a few cruises.   I called my TA as I was leery that it was a promotion to sell something like a vacation membership.  

He said it was just a perk that is available on some cruises.   We were invited to a info meeting reception and then a free tour.    We did the tour.  It was nice but after it reinforced our reason for not taking any tours.  Stand and wait, sit and wait and ride on tour bus.  It made a few stops and the process began again.   Got a free buffet lunch that wasn’t necessary and rather poor quality 

We passed on the 2nd time we received it 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

57 minutes ago, miched said:

We have received this on a few cruises.   I called my TA as I was leery that it was a promotion to sell something like a vacation membership.  

He said it was just a perk that is available on some cruises.   We were invited to a info meeting reception and then a free tour.    We did the tour.  It was nice but after it reinforced our reason for not taking any tours.  Stand and wait, sit and wait and ride on tour bus.  It made a few stops and the process began again.   Got a free buffet lunch that wasn’t necessary and rather poor quality 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks for the warning!

8 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Sounds a little like those real estate/investment come-ons...

2 hours ago, dlh015 said:

Sounds a little like those real estate/investment come-ons...

Not really.   I don’t know the purpose as they weren’t selling anything.  The reception was just that.  It had free drinks and appetizers and told about the time and where to meet for the  tour the next day.  

We don’t like taking tours for the reasons noted and nothing has changed about them.  Apparently many do like tours and if that is your thing then do it.    It is a free tour and drinks at the reception.  A great deal if you don’t have a drink package.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

The Distinctive Voyages have absolutely nothing to do with timeshares, upsells or anything like that. They are literally just freebie perks that TAs offer, just like they offer free OBC sometimes. No different. 

Also, if the TA consortium doesn’t get a certain number of bookings into the sailing then the freebie may change from a shore excursion to something more basic like a bottle of wine and some OBC. 

47 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

The Distinctive Voyages have absolutely nothing to do with timeshares, upsells or anything like that. They are literally just freebie perks that TAs offer, just like they offer free OBC sometimes. No different. 

Also, if the TA consortium doesn’t get a certain number of bookings into the sailing then the freebie may change from a shore excursion to something more basic like a bottle of wine and some OBC. 

A bottle of wine?  Some OBC?  For free you say?  This must be illegal!  Who do I report this to?  🙂

Lots of paranoid people on this thread.

• Haha 1