Just boarded the Sun!

Shellbelle28

8 minutes ago, Shellbelle28 said:

Looking forward to a relaxing cruise. The aroma of the ship is... interesting. Like sewage. Hoping it won't smell like that once we are moving? 

20220929_115659.jpg

The “sewage” smell is the exhaust coming from the funnels.   It actually smells more like burning garbage.    

If there was a sewage smell your steward would be horrified.  

You won’t always be right in line with the ship’s exhaust.  Enjoy the hours of fresh sea air when you can have them.  But the stink from those things is just intrinsic to cruising.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MotownVoice said:

The “sewage” smell is the exhaust coming from the funnels.   It actually smells more like burning garbage.    

If there was a sewage smell your steward would be horrified.  

You won’t always be right in line with the ship’s exhaust.  Enjoy the hours of fresh sea air when you can have them.  But the stink from those things is just intrinsic to cruising.  

Outdoors smells fine. Indoors stinky. Guess it's getting sucked in. 

Edited by Shellbelle28

24 minutes ago, Yesimapirate said:

It's your bathroom.  Tell your steward.   They'll pour vinegar down the drain 

I agree. If this smell is strong, is likely coming from your bathroom or a bathroom close by. I'm assuming none of the carpet in the area is wet. Tell your steward. Sometimes it's an easy fix. 

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I agree. If this smell is strong, is likely coming from your bathroom or a bathroom close by. I'm assuming none of the carpet in the area is wet. Tell your steward. Sometimes it's an easy fix. 

Not just our room. All over the ship. Seems to be better now we're moving. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

Enjoy your cruise on the Sun.  If suspecting a problem with the plumbing system ... either speak to your steward and/or dial 00 to inform guest services, as they will dispatch a trained crew member to look into it (on embarkation day, however, they are often busy with the ship's overall mechancial & related sub-system, give them time to respond.)  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nicky Mouse said:

Getting ready to spend 41 days on the Sun next week. I hope this gets fixed by then. 

Please keep us updated if it gets better.

She said as soon as the started moving it went away.  

It was funnel smog.   Not sewage.    As I said.  

Just now, MotownVoice said:

She said as soon as the started moving it went away.  

It was funnel smog.   Not sewage.    As I said.  

Actually, the odor has persisted. The entire aft stairwell/elevator lobby smells constantly with a smell like a landfill. The cabins aft of that also have it. It isn't coming from the plumbing in our room though. 

2 minutes ago, Shellbelle28 said:

Actually, the odor has persisted. The entire aft stairwell/elevator lobby smells constantly with a smell like a landfill. The cabins aft of that also have it. It isn't coming from the plumbing in our room though. 

Where are you situated, what deck?

Didn't they run a Q&A session on how to run a cruise ship during the week, as that would be a good time to ask the bridge and/or engineering department team on what the smell is all about ... since we can't sense, smell or really help with an answer.  Guest services might not know but someone on duty wearing one of those white overall ... usually have a pretty good idea, especially since the entire fleet had their HVAC systems and filtration upgraded as part of the enhanced airborne response due to Covid-19.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thespiritmovesme said:

Can you post a menu from the Sports Bar? I can't find one with on line searching? Also, what hours is it open? TIA

It's open until 3:00am menu is fish & chips, Reubens, burgers, kind of like The Local. I'll take a pic if we are there again. Food is only available 5:30pm until 3:00am.