Live on Mariner of the Seas, it’s been Years in the Making — October 3rd to 8th, 2022.

A&L_Ont

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Breakfast at the Windjammer was good. Had a little bit of fruit fruit and thought I would try the  mueslix.

It tasted exactly like what you think it would. To me, that would be sadness in a glass cup. Needless to say, I didn’t eat more than one spoonful.  

C0F1C8FE-E59B-4249-9BB1-9A66C7D09ECE.thumb.jpeg.a92f1bf01b074bdd83e9544ad59f4654.jpeg

28912965-9369-4D87-91F6-A6E4A811AF43.thumb.jpeg.68b5be7d4a7d0e42651d0eec55f05f00.jpeg

I used to love the muesli but then they added diced bananas  😡. I like bananas but not added to anything..ever..not even banana bread.

1 hour ago, molsonschooner said:

Andrew, you have mentioned eating a few times already. I don’t see a Sorrentos on the deck plans. Where can my wife and granddaughter get pizza? Also, I know some smaller ships have a Park Cafe, does this ship have one

They have it at the Cafe Promenade. It makes for a bit of a line but it went quickly. 

54 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks like an ode to @Ocean Boy

I knew he would enjoy it. 

54 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Your Sorrento's pic looked like mine. Pizza under that blue light from the promenade.

It didn’t make it taste any better, but the alcohol and time of night did.😁

• Like 6

1 hour ago, cruisingpeople said:

I had the same thought. LOL

That actually looks comfortable.  Any chance she got that through Amazon ??

Yes.  She bought it in 2020 and uses at the pool at home. This is the link from Amazon Canada but you can fin it from there. It self inflates, and rolls up into a small bag for travelling. 

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00NRA8RZA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, Ukigirl said:

I used to love the muesli but then they added diced bananas  😡. I like bananas but not added to anything..ever..not even banana bread.

That would almost be as bad as raisins in anything.  🤢

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Back from the wave. Solid riding after 3 years. I took a good fall but otherwise all was good. 

I can back though and Lisa gave me the mid morning pool report.  The port side pool was open for 45 minutes then closed.

It Is closed for a “cleanup in isle 2”. Someone left a dookie.  Operation cean up has begun. 

84287741-00FA-477B-9FD5-B95DBB3F7B3C.thumb.jpeg.0dcb6b020043cef4b87a1c37e9a06353.jpeg

• Haha 11

39 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Back from the wave. Solid riding after 3 years. I took a good fall but otherwise all was good. 

I can back though and Lisa gave me the mid morning pool report.  The port side pool was open for 45 minutes then closed.

It Is closed for a “cleanup in isle 2”. Someone left a dookie.  Operation cean up has begun. 

84287741-00FA-477B-9FD5-B95DBB3F7B3C.thumb.jpeg.0dcb6b020043cef4b87a1c37e9a06353.jpeg

Good reason to never go in those pools on a cruise ship, when you want to cool off just use one of the near by showers on the pool deck.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Big_G said:

Is the tiered section reserved for suites?

They are and the honor system seems to be working. Security came by while I was riding and Lisa said a couple people had to move but that is a small ratio compared to the seats. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Good reason to never go in those pools on a cruise ship, when you want to cool off just use one of the near by showers on the pool deck.

That’s what I just did. Lisa went in the still open pool and she said it was probably 80F but full on sea salt water. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, molsonschooner said:

Andrew, you have mentioned eating a few times already. I don’t see a Sorrentos on the deck plans. Where can my wife and granddaughter get pizza? Also, I know some smaller ships have a Park Cafe, does this ship have one

Sorrento's wasn't invented until they started building the Freedom class ships and then the pizza was moved there from the Cafe Promenade. You can still get pizza there on Voyager class ships.

• Like 4

All is right in the cruising universe now that you are back on the high seas.  Have a great time.  We loved Mariner when it was based in Texas.  Voyager and Freedom class are my favorite.  We're giving Harmony a shot in a few weeks - and she's headed to Texas to 2023 so we're going to have to get used to O class.

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

It didn’t make it taste any better, but the alcohol and time of night did.😁

It's kind of like White Castle Hamburgers. They only taste good after a long night of drinking.

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Current situation. 

EBFB1924-03FB-4872-8CC1-C6018E4BF74C.thumb.jpeg.1ed1fbd79faa75563ee8c7677c9c5a47.jpeg

Cheers! Mudslide?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

It's kind of like White Castle Hamburgers. They only taste good after a long night of drinking.

Just like same “street meat”, hot dogs after a night of drinking. 

20 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Cheers! Mudslide?

Yes, followed by peach, mango and strawberry daiquiris.

• Like 3

Just now, tanderine said:

I love a good pool so I guess I’ll take my chances!

We have been too.

Holidays are often about calculated risks. Judging by the dancing at the worlds sexiest man earlier some here might need to bathe in sanitizer.  They sure had fun though.

Some photos might be posted later, if appropriate.😉😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

There was a sprinkle of rain so the band took a break but are back at it again. The seas are calm and the breeze is nice. 

Ruh Roh….

Breaking news….

The second pool was just evacuated to a 4 short and 1 long blasts of a whistle. Must be code, for one type of long blast.  🤢

edit: hope it wasn’t a mudslide. 😂

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 14

Late afternoon report from the cabin. It got too hot by the pool.  Yes, I said too hot. remind me about that in January.

We don’t have to do it all in one day, and we have to prep for our stop tomorrow.  After all, it’s going be hotter in Haiti. 😉

• Like 2