What Terminal does Harmony of the Seas use at Port Everglades?

2chiefs

I retired from Port Everglades before the Oasis Class ships were introduced.  However, I believe Terminal 18 is the primary terminal for Oasis Class ships.  I've cruised out of there twice on Oasis Class ships and both times it was Terminal 18.  I believe terminal 18 is dedicated to Royal.  But, they do have availability of at least one other terminal, I think it is terminal 25.

7 hours ago, Ret MP said:

I retired from Port Everglades before the Oasis Class ships were introduced.  However, I believe Terminal 18 is the primary terminal for Oasis Class ships.  I've cruised out of there twice on Oasis Class ships and both times it was Terminal 18.  I believe terminal 18 is dedicated to Royal.  But, they do have availability of at least one other terminal, I think it is terminal 25.

Oasis class ships will always sail out of Terminal 18 due to their size.  Terminal 25 is primarily for Celebrity ships. 

Each port that homeports an Oasis class ship has a special terminal designed just for her. Terminal 18 in Port Everglades.   25 , built for Celebrity also works. Miami, Canaveral, and now , Galveston , all now have special built terminals, along with Bayonne withits new Quantum class terminal.

Edited by mo&fran

Thanks to everybody.

One comment about terminal 25. We took a Celebrity cruise out of there a couple years ago. While the terminal was good and the surface parking very close, it was a madhouse trying to get out of there. They only had one attendant to process payments on the way out. It was a total mess. Not sure if that was a one-off or if it was normal for 25.

1 hour ago, 2chiefs said:

Thanks to everybody.

One comment about terminal 25. We took a Celebrity cruise out of there a couple years ago. While the terminal was good and the surface parking very close, it was a madhouse trying to get out of there. They only had one attendant to process payments on the way out. It was a total mess. Not sure if that was a one-off or if it was normal for 25.

Now they have automatic machines,  You insert your ticket and then your credit card.  No more "person" in the booth!!  They do have a call box in case of an issue.

3 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Each port that homeports an Oasis class ship has a special terminal designed just for her. Terminal 18 in Port Everglades.   25 , built for Celebrity also works. Miami, Canaveral, and now , Galveston , all now have special built terminals, along with Bayonne withits new Quantum class terminal.

Barcelona doesn't - due to the size guests have to check in at one of two adjacent terminals (B/C)

1 hour ago, F27TW said:

I thought Harmony was based in Port Canaveral.    

She was. I think she's being replaced by Wonder at PC. We're booked on Harmony for this December out of FLL.

Edited by 2chiefs
  • Like 1

Harmony's last cruise out of PC is end of this month on the 30th.  We will miss her, and her crew.  

We will be on board Wonder as she comes into PC for the first time, replacing Harmony.  Debut of her arrival is 11/13.    Looking forward to meeting the new home port lady.  🙂 

• Like 1

Just now, island lady said:

Harmony's last cruise out of PC is end of this month on the 30th.  We will miss her, and her crew.  

Not to worry, we will take good care of her when she comes to Galveston and we cruise on her 1/14/24.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villager70 said:

They us 29 also but not for Oasis class. Freedom class down.   In canal behind celebrity and Holland.

Agree, counting this one I've seen Royal use 4 Piers in last 5yrs myself, though don't think Oasis Class would ever use anything besides 18

Bottom line, if a terminal, like terminal 18, isn't built by and have a contract with the port authority for exclusivity, any cruise line can utilize the terminal, scheduling permitting, I've seen cargo ships at passenger terminals in Port Everglades.  Like I've indicated, I've been retired from Port Everglades for a long time now.  However, I believe terminal 25 is one of those exclusive to Royal, Celerity is part of Royal.  But, all things are subject to change with the passage of time and the exclusivity may have expired.  

43 minutes ago, island lady said:

We will be on board Wonder as she comes into PC for the first time, replacing Harmony.  Debut of her arrival is 11/13.    Looking forward to meeting the new home port lady.  🙂 

Prices are sky high on the Wonder right now.

16 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Oasis class is always the same terminal. It will be 18.  

52 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, counting this one I've seen Royal use 4 Piers in last 5yrs myself, though don't think Oasis Class would ever use anything besides 18

WE were on a B2B on Allure earlier this year that docked at the Celebrity pier .  Turnaround day for us, so we didn't get off.

2 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

Prices are sky high on the Wonder right now.

Yup...though I scored pretty well with the GS I will be in for four weeks.  Was originally supposed to be Allure, with the price we paid...reflecting that older ship.  Then it got switched to the new Wonder...and we enjoyed price protection.  🤗

2 hours ago, mo&fran said:

WE were on a B2B on Allure earlier this year that docked at the Celebrity pier .  Turnaround day for us, so we didn't get off.

I'd bet that there was s screw-up behind the scenes for that to happen, either by Royal or the Port Authority.