Any Soot Issues on Mariner Aft Balconies?

We have booked an aft balcony on deck 9 of Mariner of the Seas for a Bermuda cruise next year. Has anybody had any issues with soot on the balconies in the aft of this ship? I read some complaints about it, but the thread was 12 years old so was thinking maybe it has been rectified? TIA for any replies.

13 minutes ago, Island Dog said:

We have booked an aft balcony on deck 9 of Mariner of the Seas for a Bermuda cruise next year. Has anybody had any issues with soot on the balconies in the aft of this ship? I read some complaints about it, but the thread was 12 years old so was thinking maybe it has been rectified? TIA for any replies.

Never rectified..........nothing they can do about, just depends on the wind and how lucky  or unlucky you are.

Always use a towel first to wipe everything down, also put a towel on chairs when sitting on the chairs.

Watch the railings also.

• Thanks 1

Not the same class, but on Indy it really did vary from day to day. I'll second the suggestion about wiping down or cover the chairs. Our steward actually gave us extra towels just for that purpose.

We also had some Diesel smells and visible exhaust blow up from down below us somewhere.

• Like 1

So, I have had soot on aft corner balconies on the Navigator, the Adventure and the Mariner.  

Wiping the furniture is always a good idea before you sit on it.  It happens very gradually based on ship and wind direction.  

The fact that I have booked those balconies on 3 different ships, tells you a lot about how much it bothered me.  🤣  The stripper pole is more likely to be a danger in the middle of the night.  😆  You need to be aware when you get up in the dark to go potty.

jc

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...