Azura cabin

Abovethesod

Hi All,

We have not been cruising for a few years but it is great to be back for a possible first time P&O cruise.

Looking at  booking a balcony cabin Canaries cruise on the Azura for January 2023.

There are three decks available in the price band we are considering, A B C and 2 cabins on deck D or 12, 11,10 or 9.

Very simple question to the all knowing P&O regulars, which deck and or cabin would you recommend in regards to ease of access, noise above and position on ship.

I realise this can be a matter of choice but different views are always acceptable.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Abovethesod said:

Hi All,

We have not been cruising for a few years but it is great to be back for a possible first time P&O cruise.

Looking at  booking a balcony cabin Canaries cruise on the Azura for January 2023.

There are three decks available in the price band we are considering, A B C and 2 cabins on deck D or 12, 11,10 or 9.

Very simple question to the all knowing P&O regulars, which deck and or cabin would you recommend in regards to ease of access, noise above and position on ship.

I realise this can be a matter of choice but different views are always acceptable.

Thanks in advance.

Midships Deck 11 would be my preferred position.

We also like aft cabins overlooking the ships wake and have  booked cabins on Deck 11 on Azura and her sister ship Ventura.

Graham.

Whatever you do don't book aft cabins as they use these as isolation areas and you end up being moved even if you have paid a select price. Check the threads out.

I once had forward D deck deluxe cabin and hated it  D114 - far too much 'breeze' and smoky.

If I went again, I would go in a C deck balcony cabin as others have said 🙂

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Whatever you do don't book aft cabins as they use these as isolation areas and you end up being moved even if you have paid a select price. Check the threads out.

I once had forward D deck deluxe cabin and hated it  D114 - far too much 'breeze' and smoky.

If I went again, I would go in a C deck balcony cabin as others have said 🙂

I had D703 booked and I know it is an isolation cabin as a friend has been on Azura and confirmed the door just before the cabin is closed. How long for ? Who knows? 
They tried to sell me the same cabin on a different cruise telling me the isolation cabins are changed at times. I wasn’t taking any chances with that statement!!

Michelle

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Thanks for all the helpful hints and we have decided on C231 on cruise A304.

C deck got the most positive reviews and comments, it has the largest, although overlooked, balcony and it is close enough to midships.

Now all the normal decisions of drinks or no drinks package, shows to book, early, late dining ,etc to contemplate.

Thanks again      

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Abovethesod said:

Hi All,

C deck got the most positive reviews and comments, it has the largest, although overlooked, balcony and it is close enough to midships.

Now all the normal decisions of drinks or no drinks package, shows to book, early, late dining ,etc to contemplate.

Thanks again      

C deck balcony is only half overlooked as half of it is under cover. Best of both worlds. Enjoy!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Abovethesod said:

Hi All,

Thanks again      

I think you have made a very wise choice

• Like 1