Can you upgrade your have it all package internet package?

tpwolfe

Can you upgrade your have it all package internet package?  It’s offering “Surf” internet but we are wanting more like premium.  The past internet we had with HAL has not been good (to be kind)  so we are looking for the best we can get.  I saw there is a $5.00 a day price difference between surf and premium.  Can you upgrade for $5.00 a day when you get the internet with the have it all package?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, tpwolfe said:

Can you upgrade your have it all package internet package?  It’s offering “Surf” internet but we are wanting more like premium.  The past internet we had with HAL has not been good (to be kind)  so we are looking for the best we can get.  

I do not know the answer to this (expected the common question about upgrading the beverage package!), but thought I would point out that the Premium is not any faster than the Surf, only fewer apps and sites blocked AND higher threshholds before it goes to a slower speed.

That said, my dh was able to connect to a VOIP conference call on Premium from the north of France. Not sure that would have been possible with Surf.

If it's like upgrading the Beverage Package, you want to do it ASAP before any possible use of the Surf WiFi. 

We always upgrade our Have it All internet to Premium, but not until we are onboard. Plus we always wait until the first port day. We have always been able to upgrade through the Navigator app.  For the 14 day Nieuw Statendam cruise we are currently on it was $50, and this is per person. We both upgrade so we can text each other, I like reading Cruise Critic and other websites and my DH likes reading the news. 

Last December on the Rotterdam during the holidays we didn’t upgrade right away and I noticed that the longer we waited the price went down. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I stand corrected! All good. $70 for (I assume) two users, for 16 days is just over $2/person/day. Could definitely be worth it!

I would understand that $70 for a 16 day cruise is for one user! It was $50 for both 12 and 14 days in Europe this year.

Screenshot_20220828-131436_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fb451deb835723111f3bdc258ddfd91d.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/12/2022 at 6:17 PM, tpwolfe said:

Can you upgrade your have it all package internet package?  It’s offering “Surf” internet but we are wanting more like premium.  The past internet we had with HAL has not been good (to be kind)  so we are looking for the best we can get.  I saw there is a $5.00 a day price difference between surf and premium.  Can you upgrade for $5.00 a day when you get the internet with the have it all package?

Yes you can upgrade to the surf package and seperately to three devices on one account.

53 minutes ago, Fleuve51 said:

Thank you VMax1700

my dad was from cork!

👍

I should mention two things about the internet that you may have missed.

1. The basic 'Social' plan has a lot of sites blocked.  The mid price 'Surf' plan has fewer sites blocked and some features are disabled e.g using internet calling on your phone.

2. The Premium plan is discounted to close to the Surf plan if you purchase it pre cruise.  You can purchase it on 'Manage my booking'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm really confused about the Internet plan that is supposedly included with the "Have it All" package and the HAL website isn't much help. What is actually included and is it for all members on the booking? Does it cover texts or just surfing? Is it just WiFi access and does that get turned off when you are in port? Just a lot of confusion on this - please don't get snarky - I'm really trying to understand this prior to our trip on Nieuw Statendam the end of this month.

@mhurdle127 This thread is two years old so it would have been best to start a new thread so you will get the most up to date info.  Since you are asking now in 2024 there is new information.  All ships now have Starlink for internet, and reports are that internet is usually much better than years past. 

Cruise Wi-Fi Plans & Internet Packages (hollandamerica.com)

If anyone in the cabin has HIA then all guests in the cabin will have HIA and each has one internet device account for their HIA plan. The internet plan works on the ship, not in port.  The above link doesn't mention the new "Stream" plan that is mentioned in the thread below.

Here is a thread that appears to have the most up to date information and also a new plan called Streaming.  You could go to this thread for new information.  Good Luck and have fun!

Edited by oakridger