(Uncle) Les - wishing you a speedy return to good health

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Thanks my friends for your good wishes. I got out of Hospital today, lost 10 lit of fluid from my lungs, heart and 5 kg in a week. Great staff allround, but 60 year old hospital, has its faults, it is just a 30 bed country hospital really. Had about 3 hrs sleep  each night, kept checking on my obs etc. Feeling a bit rough but at least I can breathe and no pain. My medications have all been changed around. So add lung /heart issues to my cancer.

See you on the boards.  I am going to catch up on sleep all weekend.

I would have a beer for you on Majestic next weekend, but no way I'm drinking that gluten free stuff. Most martinis are GF, so that will have to do. Sounds like it was an intervention you needed - take care Les.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

G’day Les, just catching up on CC as we are on Pacific Adventure cruise - we are in Fiji now.

Hope you are on the mend mate. Stay safe & hope to hear good news from you & catch up.

We are thinking of you.

Cheers Neil and Tracey 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Les, how was  Christmas in Tamworth with your family? We’ e been thinking of you.  Hope you avoided most of the terrible  storms.  Looking forward to catching up at Catalina or Raymonds in the new year.  Take care.,,

xxx Linda and Mario

• Like 4

Hello my friends and a Merry Chrissie and Happy New Year to you all. I have been away for a week, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I was at Riverview (Lane Cove area, Sydney) with my daughter, son and all  the relos, you know in laws and out laws.  Then my daughter and I drove up to Armidale to see the Vet Granddaughter.   Had a great time away. Bit of an effort for me, but went ok. Traffic was not too bad.

So onwards to 2024, have a great NYE everyone, I am just going over the road to a neighbours party, but doubt I will last until midnight, lol.

🍷

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 14

11 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Hello my friends and a Merry Chrissie and Happy New Year to you all. I have been away for a week, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I was at Riverview (Lane Cove area, Sydney) with my daughter, son and all  the relos, you know in laws and out laws.  Then my daughter and I drove up to Armidale to see the Vet Granddaughter.   Had a great time away. Bit of an effort for me, but went ok. Traffic was not too bad.

So onwards to 2024, have a great NYE everyone, I am just going over the road to a neighbours party, but doubt I will last until midnight, lol.

🍷

Good to see you post again.  Enjoy the party - I think a lot of us don't last till midnight on NYE! 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, NSWP said:

🍷

Oops, Armidale, not Tamworth.  I remember now😆.  It seems you had a wonderful family Christmas, Les.  I'm guessing you're back in Batehaven?  Have a lovely evening over the road with your neighbours, and we'll raise a glass to you and all our CC friends (met and as yet unmet🙂🍷).  We're spending the evening with friends at their home, but we're normally home by 10.30 or thereabouts. We prefer the quieter NYEs these days, having enjoyed many years of past-midnight festivities.  Tranquil is good.  Our son, daughter, and their respective families have a roster going for the coast house, so we'll be down when they've all had their turn, usually that's after school holidays.  We'll catch you next time we're down, I'll ring before then anyway to see how things are going.

Wishing all CC friends a peaceful, healthy and happy 2024, with fair skies and smooth seas for those of us sailing.

Linda and Mario

• Like 7

All the very best Linda and Mario. The Australia New Zealand board on CC has the friendliest, most genuine people of all!

Good to see you posting again, Les. Wishing you well.

Peace and happiness everyone.

CeeCee (and Darren, though he's busy sorting his home brew at the moment😂)

• Like 3

Best wishes for a happy New Year Les and all our other CC friends. Of course we are a day behind so we will look to the New Year tomorrow. We will ring it in, in our dreams because we will be long asleep at midnight.

Cheers from Lyle & Lynn in the other Victoria.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

All the very best Linda and Mario. The Australia New Zealand board on CC has the friendliest, most genuine people of all!

Good to see you posting again, Les. Wishing you well.

Peace and happiness everyone.

CeeCee (and Darren, though he's busy sorting his home brew at the moment😂)

Thank you, and returns.  Is his brew good?😋

• Like 2

Wishing all a very Happy New Year and a safe, happy and healthy 2024. We will be watching the 9pm fireworks from our place as we have a reasonable view and are pleased that Canberra is only having the early display this year so we don't feel bad going to bed before midnight. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Mareblu said:

Thank you, and returns.  Is his brew good?😋

Apparently so, Linda. I'm not a beer drinker.😂

However, his alcoholic ginger beer is not half bad on a hot day.

His apple cider and pear cider, not so much, just my opinion others like them. Guess it comes down to personal taste and whilst he's tending his brews he's out of my hair!🤣

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

His apple cider and pear cider, not so much, just my opinion others like them. Guess it comes down to personal taste and whilst he's tending his brews he's out of my hair!🤣

That’s hilarious😂. Cheers, and Happy New Year to you both🎉🍺

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

Lol, I imagine he is saving a bomb for not buying the grog as well.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

Ah memories  My grandmother used to make her own ginger beer, with the occasional explosion.  Can someone please explain to me "the mother"?

6 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Ah memories  My grandmother used to make her own ginger beer, with the occasional explosion.  Can someone please explain to me "the mother"?

Makers of ginger beer have a "mother" culture which keeps growing. A bit like sourdough.

7 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Makers of ginger beer have a "mother" culture which keeps growing. A bit like sourdough.

Yes I understand, but how do they get the mother culture to start the process?  

9 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

One of the supermarket yeast brands had a ginger beer recipe in the packet, so there was a surge of crude efforts of brew making in the mid-70's. My dad got pretty good at it, but we were still losing 3 or 4 bottles to the dozen in under-house explosions. He stopped making ginger beer when one bottle pretty much exploded in his hands while he was opening it.