Silent disco

Cruisin 4 Ever

I don't understand the point of a "silent" disco.  Enjoying the music with everyone around you in the reason I go dancing.  But I am definitely in the very small minority here.  A lot of folks have a lot of fun with this so I just go elsewhere during this event.  That's what I love about cruising!  There's something for everyone.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Andrewgary said:

Is anyone familiar with the types of music offered? I'm no fan of disco and was wondering if any of the channels offered is some good old fashioned rock. 

on the eclipse in August we had 3 channels to choose from, one was mostly current stuff, one was more good old fashioned rock with a bunch of 80s stuff, and the third was a latin mix

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Woody14 said:

on the eclipse in August we had 3 channels to choose from, one was mostly current stuff, one was more good old fashioned rock with a bunch of 80s stuff, and the third was a latin mix

Beat me to it.  Yes, this was the same on our last voyage.

The appeal of the silent disco is that there's 3 different genres available to listen to, so more people are inclined to join in on the dance floor.  It's really surreal taking off the headphones and see this crowd of people dancing and singing without any music playing over the speakers.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I don't understand the point of a "silent" disco.  Enjoying the music with everyone around you in the reason I go dancing.  But I am definitely in the very small minority here.  A lot of folks have a lot of fun with this so I just go elsewhere during this event.  That's what I love about cruising!  There's something for everyone.

Have you tried it?  I thought it was ridiculous.  Then I tried it once and I am hooked!  Try it once if you haven't and then give it up if you don't like it.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Have you tried it?  I thought it was ridiculous.  Then I tried it once and I am hooked!  Try it once if you haven't and then give it up if you don't like it.

I don’t want to be seen with other weirdos.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Andrewgary said:

Is anyone familiar with the types of music offered? I'm no fan of disco and was wondering if any of the channels offered is some good old fashioned rock. 

not sure about "old fashioned rock" but one night on my recent Constellation cruise I walked thru the atrium during silent disco and about half the crowd was shouting "Sweet Car-o-line, ba BA ba ba...."  So there's that.

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

not sure about "old fashioned rock" but one night on my recent Constellation cruise I walked thru the atrium during silent disco and about half the crowd was shouting "Sweet Car-o-line, ba BA ba ba...."  So there's that.

Hmm.  I suppose they mix up the music every so often?   I really don’t like classical.

I've tried the silent disco on multiple cruise lines.  The first time it was fun and new....after that it was just kind of boring.  You normally have 3 different channels to choose.  If you haven't done it before, go for it - you will have a blast!  For me, once was enough.

6 hours ago, davekathy said:

We've never participated in the silent disco, but have stopped by. Everyone seems to be in to it on the dance floor.  I play the drums and like to see the air drummers and air guitarist's jamming to their tunes. 

What is an air drummer?

• Haha 1