Drone in Coco Cay & Labadee

Hi, does anybody know who do I contact to ask for permission to fly a drone on the private islands?  

I know drones are not allowed , but I did see plenty footage from both places.   ( some stated it was shoot with RC approval thats why I'm asking)  

I definitely don't want to break the rules and anywhere we shoot I either get permit, or permission to do so. 

Thank You!

3 minutes ago, calidreamer said:

Hi, does anybody know who do I contact to ask for permission to fly a drone on the private islands? 

The RCI FAQ is usually pretty good at addressing your question and others:

Can guests bring aerial drones onboard a Royal Caribbean cruise ship?

A

Yes. Guests are welcome to bring drones on their cruise for use on land only and outside of the port area. However, drones are not to be operated onboard the ship at any time, nor on Royal Caribbean’s private destinations: Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas or Labadee®, Haiti.

While onboard, drones must be stored safely in the stateroom. Drones used on the ship will be confiscated until the end of the cruise. A Guest Conduct Policy warning will be issued and guests may be subject to disembarkation at their own expense for onboard drone usage.

Guests assume full responsibility for understanding all local authority rules related to drone usage and for obtaining any required permissions for drone operations. Different countries may have different rules. Any liability, including environmental damage from drone usage is the guest’s responsibility. Royal Caribbean assumes no liability for guest drones that may be confiscated by local authorities for violating local laws or for any accident or injury resulting from a guest drone flight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

The RCI FAQ is usually pretty good at addressing your question and others:

Please believe me that I CAN read 😉  I also stated that I know what the regular rule for those two places is. BUT also I said I saw plenty of footage drone that stated they had RC permission.  So lets try it once again, because maybe you didn't read my first post correctly - my question was who do I contact in this matter ( not a copy and paste  from official site) 

Anyway, thank You so much for your effort. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, calidreamer said:

Please believe me that I CAN read 😉  I also stated that I know what the regular rule for those two places is. BUT also I said I saw plenty of footage drone that stated they had RC permission.  So lets try it once again, because maybe you didn't read my first post correctly - my question was who do I contact in this matter ( not a copy and paste  from official site) 

I believe your first Permission has to go through "Biker" 🤣

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, calidreamer said:

BUT also I said I saw plenty of footage drone that stated they had RC permission.  

You may want to contact those folks directly because I don’t think they were regular CC posters. @Matt Hochbergmight have some info. 

Edited by Biker19

I have seen drone footage, but it was filmed by crew members. Also witnessed a film production crew   using a drone to  obtain footage while on board. IIRC, it was on an early Odyssey cruise.

Edited by mo&fran

4 hours ago, calidreamer said:

Maybe someone who has gotten permission will reply but in the meantime contact Royal Caribbean. I suspect they don't give permission to every Tom, Dick and Harry. You would need  to give them a  good reason to give you permission because if they routinely granted permission that would open up a can of worms for them. I suspect the ones who got permission if they  were not doing work for Royal were social media influencers. 

23 hours ago, jimdalva said:

Its easier to get Forgiveness than Permission !

I really appreciate that the OP does not want to do this.  This is what he said "I definitely don't want to break the rules and anywhere we shoot I either get permit, or permission to do so."  Its nice to know he wants to do it right.  

• Like 1

FYI, read carefully.

You not only need RCI permission, you need to comply with all the rules of a foreign country.

Many countries restrict drone flights.  Also, the frequencies used for control may not be the same and you could be operating an illegal transmitter.

And I hope you have met the US requirements for drone flying training and certification.

• Like 1

Please let me know if you find out anything officially.  I love flying my drone.  

I asked a question about the GPS signal strength in Alaska once in another cruise social media site and you wouldn't believe the false information and down right hate I got for asking the question and that I had the nerve to want to fly a drone in Alaska or anywhere else for that matter.  There's a lot of S-house lawyers out there.