Table reservations in QG

tizwiz

I think I am right in saying that you are allocated a table in QG that is yours for the cruise. Is there any way of asking for a particular table?  For example just for 2 and perhaps a window table or in a quiet corner. How do you request this and what happens if you don’t like the table you are allocated to? 

• Like 1

Last year we did a back to back PG then QG and the thing we were most disappointed about was the space between quite a few of the 2 tables in QG. Bizarrely, much closer than in PG (about 6inches!) so not really a table for 2. We asked the maitre D for a more private table and were fortunate enough to get one. 

Tables in QG are allocated by suite level and how regular you sail.

Everyone wants a window, so unless you are in a Q1, Q2 or maybe Q3 you won't have much chance, unless again, you are well known to the Maitre d'.

The only possibility of moving tables is if someone doesn't sho up as all tables are allocated prior to sailing and the table number will be waiting for you in your room.

1 hour ago, BigMac1953 said:

Tables in QG are allocated by suite level and how regular you sail.

Everyone wants a window, so unless you are in a Q1, Q2 or maybe Q3 you won't have much chance, unless again, you are well known to the Maitre d'.

The only possibility of moving tables is if someone doesn't sho up as all tables are allocated prior to sailing and the table number will be waiting for you in your room.

This past sailing on the QM2 we were in PG and the table assignment card did not show a table number till we entered the restaurant and were seated. But they did get our request we mailed for a specific table area and number. We were surprised not to see a table number. But all worked out with our contact.

• Thanks 1

We just got off QM2 on Tuesday 25 October. We were in QG and there was no table number waiting in our state room, and we were sure table for me arrived at the restaurant.

There was much more than 6 inches between the tables because the waiters were able to pass between our two top of the two top next to us.

And yes,  just the best tables are going to go to the most expensive cabins. However, if you’re not happy with your table, simply talk to the maître d’, and he will try to accommodate you as best he can.   

3 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

But they did get our request we mailed for a specific table area and number

Who do you email? We are in QG on QE in November and we are in a Q4, it doesn't sound like we'll stand a chance of a window table, especially as this is our first cruise with Cunard. But I would appreciate a table that is not too close to another 2 top. If I'm able to make the request  ahead of time we might have more of a chance of securing a good location.

Are there any 2 tops in QG on QE the anyone can recommend that still afford nice ocean views and have good spacing between other tables?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClefsDor said:

Who do you email? We are in QG on QE in November and we are in a Q4, it doesn't sound like we'll stand a chance of a window table, especially as this is our first cruise with Cunard. But I would appreciate a table that is not too close to another 2 top. If I'm able to make the request  ahead of time we might have more of a chance of securing a good location.

Are there any 2 tops in QG on QE the anyone can recommend that still afford nice ocean views and have good spacing between other tables?

Cunard emailed the ship. We placed our request a day or two after booking. I heard the earlier you book they go by that date with consideration.

Being in Princess we had a good foot space btw tables. And we felt very comfortable eating without masks.

Reviewing the photo of the QG I took on walking around, I was not comfortable seeing that. Looks pretty close doesn't it.

image.thumb.jpeg.a90893ee8cf07d3360e52d6fd5a9bec9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bd14b0f685d53fd386142b8aed9a9049.jpeg

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ClefsDor said:

Thanks Bklynboy8, I will call Cunard and let then know of our request. The photos you posted of the QG on QV do look very close indeed. From images I've seen of QE it doesn't appear to be as cramped.

That is QM2, not QV.

32 minutes ago, ClefsDor said:

Thanks Bklynboy8, I will call Cunard and let then know of our request. The photos you posted of the QG on QV do look very close indeed. From images I've seen of QE it doesn't appear to be as cramped.

This was QM2 I posted

1 hour ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Reviewing the photo of the QG I took on walking around, I was not comfortable seeing that. Looks pretty close doesn't it.

This does not appear to me to be a venue for elegant dining.  Carnival's steakhouses have more room between the tables than your photo shows.  The specialty restaurants on Princess and HAL have more room between the tables as well.   

40 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

This does not appear to me to be a venue for elegant dining.  Carnival's steakhouses have more room between the tables than your photo shows.  The specialty restaurants on Princess and HAL have more room between the tables as well.   

Verandah Steakhouse has more space in it over the other restaurants. Every night when we cut thru the Britannia restaurant from Princess, we were so glad that we upgraded from Britannia to Britannia Club to Princess.

We now know which one we really like now. No really impressed with QG and the menus. So PG looks good from then on. If we UG to QG then we will see if we like it. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

The Grills restaurants on the Vistas are very much nicer, though the tables are still close together. I have always rather enjoyed this feature. After greeting the people at the next table, one can either chat or not, with no hard feelings either way.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ClefsDor said:

We were on QE earlier this year in a Q4 and seems we had table 10. No window seat (and we are frequent travellers) but all tables have a view: the position perfect. There is often a different table configuration, I suppose depending on cruise, so recommendations might not be justified. The restaurant is delightful and we feel superior to QM2.

I am sure you will not be disappointed.

4EEE1EA1-F26E-4FB2-AE52-EFB14E33148D.jpeg

Edited by LadyL1
Addition.
  • Thanks 1

I must say that having done many cruises in the Vistas, usually in a Q4, occasionally a Q3, despite always requesting a window table when booking, which is usually as soon as voyages go on sale, we have not ever achieved one. I suspect we are simply insufficiently forceful. However, the view is usually good, even if not on a window table.

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

I must say that having done many cruises in the Vistas, usually in a Q4, occasionally a Q3, despite always requesting a window table when booking, which is usually as soon as voyages go on sale, we have not ever achieved one. I suspect we are simply insufficiently forceful. However, the view is usually good, even if not on a window table.

In a 3, we've always managed to be seated at the large table [I request it for the following cruise] by the window, if it's configured for our cruise so haven't had two top experience.

Our agent put in a request for a window two top for  August's ten night  jaunt and we got a beautifully positioned table. That was for a 2 cabin.

I have put in a request for something similar for our next cruise but being the first to book in our category and Diamond.  I'll be astonished  if we don't get it.

There definitely is a sort of hierarchy for the 'best' window two tops and that seems to go  first, cabin category and then when booked and WC status. Not sure of the last two which carries  more weight.

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

In a 3, we've always managed to be seated at the large table [I request it for the following cruise] by the window, if it's configured for our cruise so haven't had two top experience.

Our agent put in a request for a window two top for  August's ten night  jaunt and we got a beautifully positioned table. That was for a 2 cabin.

I have put in a request for something similar for our next cruise but being the first to book in our category and Diamond.  I'll be astonished  if we don't get it.

There definitely is a sort of hierarchy for the 'best' window two tops and that seems to go  first, cabin category and then when booked and WC status. Not sure of the last two which carries  more weight.

I suspect neither carries much compared to cabin. And to be fair I would expect a nice window table I I had booked a Q1.

• Like 1

Your TA can add a request such as table for 2 near window into your booking. Of course, no guarantee that it is honored but they tend to try to keep TAs happy as they can generate more on-going business. 

We were just in Princess Grill at a two top near the window, with neighbors on each side. I rather like the set up because you can talk to your neighbors or ignore them as you choose.

20 minutes ago, Gretchendz said:

Your TA can add a request such as table for 2 near window into your booking. Of course, no guarantee that it is honored but they tend to try to keep TAs happy as they can generate more on-going business. 

We were just in Princess Grill at a two top near the window, with neighbors on each side. I rather like the set up because you can talk to your neighbors or ignore them as you choose.

My TA always does, and it has never worked. I agree about the benefits of the choice to chat or not.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LadyL1 said:

We were on QE earlier this year in a Q4 and seems we had table 10

If table 10 is the one from which your photo was taken and which looks to be opposite the round two top by the window then this is the table that we are actually interested in as it appears from videos of the QG I've seen that this table doesn't have another two top very close by. If you could confirm, I will definitely ask my TA to put in a request and cross our fingers. TIA

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ClefsDor said:

If table 10 is the one from which your photo was taken and which looks to be opposite the round two top by the window then this is the table that we are actually interested in as it appears from videos of the QG I've seen that this table doesn't have another two top very close by. If you could confirm, I will definitely ask my TA to put in a request and cross our fingers. TIA

Just be aware, the table configurations can change with the table requests of that particular cruise.  Table 10, might not necessarily be in the same position every cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Just be aware, the table configurations can change with the table requests of that particular cruise.  Table 10, might not necessarily be in the same position every cruise.

Victoria you are right!

I remember at breakfast on disembarkation day the fellows were picking up the tables and changing them around for those coming on board at 12 Noon.

Table of 2's were changed to Table for 4 and another one to Table of 6. Tables by the windows were remaining the same. They were very busy changing the Table Layout.

• Like 4

We have had some success with our TA requesting a particular table or type of table in the Grills.  If you don't like the table you've been assigned to, you can ask for a change from the maitre'd.  We've done that, and it worked a couple of times, did not work a couple of times.

• Like 1