FYI. Arriving at San Diego Cruise port important information

lais

2 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Denise my sweet sister.  Wasn't it March of 2020 when we were both kicked off our cruises? You were Panama Canal and we were going to Hawaii and Tahiti? 

You and David are taking the Hawaii cruise before Allen and me. I wish we coordinated it so we could be together.

Would love to see your latest painting! When do you leave your Maui home? 

We are thinking about selling our Westin timeshare.. not as easy now with Allen in his wheelchair 24/7. Easier cruising!!

Love you sweet sis! Aloha!

Your right!!! Too much going on!! I wrote to Roy

that my painting isn’t quite finished yet. Promise will send pic to The Daily as soon as it is!! Coming home 12/8.

Has been great here looking forward to coming home and then cruising again!!

Funny when we go on Koningsdam will go to our home again to check on things! LOL!

Have a good Thanksgiving Joy! Best to you and Allen! We are all blessed 

sis

Just now, DeeniEncinitas said:

Your right!!! Too much going on!! I wrote to Roy

that my painting isn’t quite finished yet. Promise will send pic to The Daily as soon as it is!! Coming home 12/8.

Has been great here looking forward to coming home and then cruising again!!

Funny when we go on Koningsdam will go to our home again to check on things! LOL!

Have a good Thanksgiving Joy! Best to you and Allen! We are all blessed 

sis

Yes, we are blessed. Happy Thanksgiving to you and family. 

You won't even give me a hint on what you are painting? I'm anxious!

My niece (Poway) is due for Baby Dec 5th!! We will visit before our Feb cruise,. Staying at Rancho Bernardo Inn for 4 night's so we can see baby.  No baby gender so I'm calling baby "Skeeter". They love the temp name!

19 minutes ago, DAllenTCY said:

There is and always has been a sign.  Because of crowding, it is not visible at times.

image.jpeg.e03ef6f4bdb8164c5e304d8670e989c3.jpeg

David

Thank you so much! We will go straight to the gates where the sign is also where they drop off 

people. That is what I wanted to know. Happy Thanksgiving 

Denise☺️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

So do you walk past all the people standing in line out front waiting for their time and ask at the entrance to go inside with Neptune boarding with 4 or 5 star for security and processing

showing them your boarding pass?

Thanks, 

Last time was 3/2019 

boarding Rotterdam in San Diego doing Panama Canal and there was a sign outside the Pier for Neptune/4and 5

and it was easy. Club Orange wasn’t around yet! Never finished cruise since Covid forced us home on 3/17/2019.

Denise

Yes, that is what I did. I walked past everyone waiting on line and went to the entrance. My experience was that in order to enter the building I showed the man standing there checking boarding passes mine. When he saw I was 5* I was able to go right in, but then I stood in a line to get through security. Once through security, I walked in to the main part of the terminal where they take your picture. Someone looked at my boarding pass and sent me to the 4/5 star entrance instead of standing in another line. I was able to walk right up, get my picture taken and then go on the ship. Hope that helps. 

Edited by dmcfad2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dmcfad2 said:

My experience was that in order to enter the building I showed the man standing there checking boarding passes mine. When he saw I was 5* I was able to go right in, but then I stood in a line to get through security. Once through security, I walked in to the main part of the terminal where they take your picture. Someone looked at my boarding pass and sent me to the 4/5 star entrance instead of standing in another line. I was able to walk right up, get my picture taken and then go on the ship. Hope that helps. 

Very much so!

Always appreciated by CC members!! I just wanted to be able to get through the start and get inside to where we go. Safe travels in your future!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Yes, we are blessed. Happy Thanksgiving to you and family. 

You won't even give me a hint on what you are painting? I'm anxious!

My niece (Poway) is due for Baby Dec 5th!! We will visit before our Feb cruise,. Staying at Rancho Bernardo Inn for 4 night's so we can see baby.  No baby gender so I'm calling baby "Skeeter". They love the temp name!

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

From my surfing days!

Hint the tube! The wave!

🌺Mahalo

sis

• 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

@lais - Do you know if HAL has a VeriFLY lane for sailings from San Diego with the enhanced safety protocols?  HAL is sending e-mails to our sailing this month suggesting completion of the VeriFLY app.

Thanks in advance.

We left from San Diego 2 weeks ago and there was no Verifly lane. Boarding was very organized. They were checking assigned boarding times. 

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

HAL is sending e-mails to our sailing this month suggesting completion of the VeriFLY app.

🌺🌺🌺

No VeriFLY at all!! I also received the same thing for both my Xmas cruise as well as my cruise I just returned from on Koningsdam. They don’t use it anymore. I never down loaded it at all!

Easy embarkation process and easier if 4 and 5 star!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AryMay said:

We left from San Diego 2 weeks ago and there was no Verifly lane. Boarding was very organized. They were checking assigned boarding times. 

56 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺

No VeriFLY at all!! I also received the same thing for both my Xmas cruise as well as my cruise I just returned from on Koningsdam. They don’t use it anymore. I never down loaded it at all!

Easy embarkation process and easier if 4 and 5 star!

Thank you for your replies.  Did your sailings have enhanced or standard health protocols?  I can understand no VeriFly lane if what VeriFly documents is no longer required for a particular sailing (standard protocol), but my next cruise requires proof of full vaccination, booster dose(s) and negative test within 3 days of embarkation (enhanced protocol.)

cruise requires proof of full vaccination, booster dose(s) and negative test within 3 days of embarkation (enhanced protocol.

🌺Protocols yes we did too. Panama Canal cruises due to Columbia

all guest must have vaccinations if so no PCR tests or antigen. No vaccinations will need a PCR test 3 days prior.

I am one that is glad we have protocols.

Denise

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

@lais - Do you know if HAL has a VeriFLY lane for sailings from San Diego with the enhanced safety protocols?  HAL is sending e-mails to our sailing this month suggesting completion of the VeriFLY app.

Thanks in advance.

We boarded the Koningsdam on 1/31 and there was no designated Verifly line. However, we will be boardin the Zaandam in SD on 2/18 and there is one stop (Cartegena) that does require covid test for unvaccinated passengers. I am guessing that there is a possibilty that a Verifly line might be in place for that one, but who knows.

Edited by pmjnh
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺Protocols yes we did too. Panama Canal cruises due to Columbia

all guest must have vaccinations if so no PCR tests or antigen. No vaccinations will need a PCR test 3 days prior.

I am one that is glad we have protocols.

Denise

17 minutes ago, pmjnh said:

We boarded the Koningsdam on 1/31 and there was no designated Verifly line. However, we will be boardin the Zaandam in SD on 2/18 and there is one stop (Cartegena) that does require covid test for unvaccinated passengers. I am guessing that there is a possibilty that a Verifly line might be in place for that one, but who knows.

My sailing requires both vaccinations and negative Covid test.  We'll see, it won't be the end of the world if there is no VeriFly lane, but I thought that somebody wrote that even though there was no lane, when they showed their approved VeriFly pass, the were directed to skip a couple of other lines at boarding which sped up their embarkation.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

My sailing requires both vaccinations and negative Covid test.  We'll see, it won't be the end of the world if there is no VeriFly lane, but I thought that somebody wrote that even though there was no lane, when they showed their approved VeriFly pass, the were directed to skip a couple of other lines at boarding which sped up their embarkation.  

Hi Daniel, 

What ship and are you traveling South America, or over to Japan? Curious.

ZAANDAM 1/21-2/18 round trip Panama Canal cruise there was no VeriFLY line at all. Friends of ours is on now and again not a line. You go through and they take facial recognition to connect that with your picture you took for Navigator app!  And a picture of your passport! 
they have discontinued it at San  Diego Terminal.

Has been discussed in other CC blogs. Look it up.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Hi Daniel, 

What ship and are you traveling South America, or over to Japan? Curious.

Hawaii, Tahiti and the Marquesas on Koningsdam.  I'm just curious as to why HAL is sending out multiple e-mails recommending spending the time and effort to download and complete an app that they're not even going to look at.  It doesn't make any sense at all.  🤷‍♂️ 

44 minutes ago, pmjnh said:

Enjoy the Hawaii cruise...I thought HAL did a good job with enrichment in Feb 2022.  we even had an astronomer on board for star gazing.  see you on the Zaandam Feb 18 and maybe at the National Aviary tour in Cartegena!  I loaded all the info into Verifly just to be sure.

Karen

• Like 1

Hawaii, Tahiti and the Marquesas on Koningsdam.  I'm just curious as to why HAL is sending out multiple e-mails recommending spending the time and effort to download and complete an app that they're not even going to look at.  It doesn't make any sense at all.  🤷‍♂️ 

Yup!!! They require it!! My 

CC sister will be on her 2/18!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Verifly is absolutely NOT required for the 2/18 Koningsdam sailing from San Diego.  Not required. Period.  Holland continues to send out emails SUGGESTING it be used, but it is NOT required. Even if (and that's a big IF) there should be a Verifly line in San Diego, this sailing is so filled with 4/5/suite/club orange pax that everyone has "priority boarding".  

3 hours ago, julia said:

Verifly is absolutely NOT required for the 2/18 Koningsdam sailing from San Diego.  Not required. Period.  Holland continues to send out emails SUGGESTING it be used, but it is NOT required. Even if (and that's a big IF) there should be a Verifly line in San Diego, this sailing is so filled with 4/5/suite/club orange pax that everyone has "priority boarding".  

I know been there done that. Have a good cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Hi sweet sister mine! This has been discussed on the roll call. You are absolutely correct with no more Verifly. We're a smidge away from 5* and the lines for us go fast. Take a self test and see ya at the port. Right? 

On 11/22/2022 at 6:11 PM, DeeniEncinitas said:

So do you walk past all the people standing in line out front waiting for their time and ask at the entrance to go inside with Neptune boarding with 4 or 5 star for security and processing

showing them your boarding pass?

Thanks, 

Last time was 3/2019 

boarding Rotterdam in San Diego doing Panama Canal and there was a sign outside the Pier for Neptune/4and 5

and it was easy. Club Orange wasn’t around yet! Never finished cruise since Covid forced us home on 3/17/2019.

Denise

You don’t wait outside if you are priority, 4*+.  tell them your status and they will let you in.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

You don’t wait outside if you are priority, 4*+.  tell them your status and they will let you in.

I understand that. I did 2 cruises in Dec and Jan from my home in San Diego after I wrote that . You proceed to the agent who will then get you past everyone outside to proceed inside for security. At that time after security we proceeded immediately to our room. We are 5 star. Also priority. Also your priority pass will say your boarding time. After security they ask you to sit in the area for boarding and wait for your time to be called. As a 4 or 5 star you show your agent your pass and go right on in no having to wait.

We had no hassle. Was quick and stress free

• Like 3

I know this is an old thread,  but I really appreciate the information.  We've cruised out of FLL, MIA and NYC and NYC is always chaos! This is our first cruse leaving from SD.

We have reservations to stay across the road at Springhill Suites, I had thought about changing them to the Gaslight district,  but after reading this I think I'll stick with what we've got. 

It looks like there are 2 ships in port on our embarkation day.  Will that effect people flow?

We will be on the Zaandam,  what time will the mdr be open until for lunch? I'm eager to get on board,  but not eager to wait in chaos. 

Edited by beachys