Spouses same tier?

I'm going to have to deal with all of this soon.  We're taking our daughter/son-in-law and other daughter/boyfriend on a cruise in August on Quantum.  We are Diamond Plus.  Both Daughters are Diamond (we took them on a lot of cruises as kids).  We last took them on Royal Caribbean in 2012...Daughter #2 has been married for three years.  Son-in-Law has never been on RCCL.  Daughter #2, for business reasons, retained her maiden name--so, her and her husband's last names don't match.  Daughter #1 has been with the current boyfriend about 6 months.  He's never been on a cruise. It looks somewhat serious...but we've thought that before...So, to be realistic, we don't even know if he'll still be in the picture in August--in which case, she would likely end up replacing him on the booking with her still single old college roommate.

So, I'm not sure of the best timing for this...but, sometime between now and August, I need to call Royal Caribbean and get Daughter #2's Diamond status applied to the son-in-law...and, perhaps, get Daughter #1's Diamond Status applied to the boyfriend...

Interesting thread.  My understanding was that family in same cabin were treated as the family member of highest tier.  The most obvious benefit being the balcony fare discount.  However, family do not get all benefits.  Our son didn’t get extra drink vouchers until he himself hit diamond.

1 hour ago, Airbear232 said:

Interesting thread.  My understanding was that family in same cabin were treated as the family member of highest tier.  The most obvious benefit being the balcony fare discount.  However, family do not get all benefits.  Our son didn’t get extra drink vouchers until he himself hit diamond.

Same cabin is irrelevant.   Family get your status if they are minors.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bruin Steve said:

I'm going to have to deal with all of this soon.  We're taking our daughter/son-in-law and other daughter/boyfriend on a cruise in August on Quantum.  We are Diamond Plus.  Both Daughters are Diamond (we took them on a lot of cruises as kids).  We last took them on Royal Caribbean in 2012...Daughter #2 has been married for three years.  Son-in-Law has never been on RCCL.  Daughter #2, for business reasons, retained her maiden name--so, her and her husband's last names don't match.  Daughter #1 has been with the current boyfriend about 6 months.  He's never been on a cruise. It looks somewhat serious...but we've thought that before...So, to be realistic, we don't even know if he'll still be in the picture in August--in which case, she would likely end up replacing him on the booking with her still single old college roommate.

So, I'm not sure of the best timing for this...but, sometime between now and August, I need to call Royal Caribbean and get Daughter #2's Diamond status applied to the son-in-law...and, perhaps, get Daughter #1's Diamond Status applied to the boyfriend...

Are your daughters diamond on their own points or due to status match when kids?   I wonder if that matters for their spouses getting status match.   

2 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

Same cabin has nothing to do with it.  It depends on how you are linked for your C&A account.  Kids up until the age of 18 share their parents status, after that they are on their own however they keep the last status they shared with their parents but revert back to their own points.

At 18 a child that has only sailed a couple of time may only have 14 points however they may be Diamond because of their parents status.  The 18 year old will now continue to be a diamond but only have 14 points and have to get from 14 to 175 before becoming D+

It is on Celebrity that cabin mates share the status of the highest person in the cabin.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 minutes ago, topnole said:

This one always confuses me.  Don’t you have to cruise once before you have any status?  Maybe they just basically relax that rule?

The cruise once only applies if you are not linked to someone....i.e new couples first time cruising.  Where one person has cruised and a newby links to them in is instant status

28 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Same cabin has nothing to do with it.  It depends on how you are linked for your C&A account.  Kids up until the age of 18 share their parents status, after that they are on their own however they keep the last status they shared with their parents but revert back to their own points.

At 18 a child that has only sailed a couple of time may only have 14 points however they may be Diamond because of their parents status.  The 18 year old will now continue to be a diamond but only have 14 points and have to get from 14 to 175 before becoming D+

It is on Celebrity that cabin mates share the status of the highest person in the cabin.

Let say a kid has 3 Points and is diamond + from parents.  We know they keep that status.  But when they marry does their spouse also become D+? Or does the status match get based off of the original 3 points and not the status that was inherited without the points?   This is another one that always gets me.  

Also, if one hits pinnacle, I know the kids don’t get it.  But what if I make pinnacle with minor kids.   Can I bring them to CK for dinner if they are traveling with me?  

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The cruise once only applies if you are not linked to someone....i.e new couples first time cruising.  Where one person has cruised and a newby links to them in is instant status

Ok.  Thanks.  They did not do that for my son even though I did link him pre cruise.  It didn’t matter because he was so young.  But I just assumed it was because he needed to cruise once first.