Save The Date November 10th

RD64

• Host Hattie changed the title to Save The Date November 10th

Yes, I received that email. Not sure, but this might be a North American-only promotion. I have no special insight into this promotion, but my guess is that it might be an offer eliminating (or reducing) the single supplement on some voyages.

For those who haven't seen it, here is the text from that email.

November 10, 2022 at 4 PM EST.

SAVE

the

DATE

For one day only we will have an exclusive offer for all solo travelers.
Make sure to mark your calendar because you won’t want to miss this opportunity!

Experience Cunard® your way.

Discover a vacation that's always sociable but you're completely free to set your own agenda. It couldn't be easier to meet people on board. The ship's social host ensures that guests never feel out of place, enabling solo travelers to make connections at specially hosted coffee gatherings and dinner tables, with a range of daytime activities. Take a dance class and hone your moves, bring out your inner Monet in an art class, or dive into a good book from our expansive library collection. As a single traveler, your choices are plentiful. Use this opportunity to invite friends or family to experience Cunard® and enjoy a luxurious cabin all to themselves.

It looks like the start time of "November 10, 2022 at 4 PM EST" for this offer is accurate. The email I received about an hour ago contains a clock counting down to that starting time. Kind of an odd start time for a 1-day promotion, but the fine print indicates it expires November 11, 2022 which means it should be good through tomorrow.

It also looks like this offer is indeed only for North America. The fine print says "Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Bermuda, Puerto Rico, Mexico and the District of Columbia."

The discount is on the base fare before the single supplement is applied. For grill suites (which usually have a 100% single supplement), a 25% discount on the base fare is the same as if the single supplement were reduced to 50% on the original fare. For Britannia staterooms (which usually have a 75% single supplement), a 25% discount on the base fare is about the same as if a 32% single supplement were applied to the original fare.

It's not clear to me if this offer applies to grill suites though since the fine print only mentions "Up to additional 25% off the single supplemental fare reducing the supplemental from 175% of the double occupancy fare down to 132% of the double occupancy fare."

I count 123 voyages for 2022-23 for this offer based on the list of voyages provided in today's email. Also, it is not a straight 25% discount on all those voyages. Note the "Up to additional 25% off" in the previous quote. The fine print goes on to state "Additional discount ranges from 14% to 25% and varies by voyage."

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I haven't received anything beyond the first email. Is there a link to take you to the special sale?

Here's a link to a "Solo travelers" page provided in the email. There's a further link on that page to "Enjoy our Singles Day Offer for one day only" which leads to a pdf listing the voyages for this offer.

https://www.cunard.com/en-us/the-cunard-experience/solo-travellers

The promotion code for the offer is "Z2E".

Now that it's past 4 PM EST, I'm seeing the Cunard US website is automatically applying discounts in the range of 14% to 25% to single bookings in Britannia class before applying the usual 75% single supplement (as advertised, for voyages on the list). But as I mentioned earlier, this promotion doesn't happen to mention anything about applying to grill suites and I'm not seeing any discounts being applied to single bookings in grill suites for voyages on the list.

Edited by bluemarble

• 1 month later...

For anyone who's interested, I just got an email from Cunard indicating "Back by popular demand" they are doing another of these "Save the Date" promotions for solo travelers. This one will run for two days beginning January 11th at 6:00 AM PST (Pacific time). Once again there's not much detail in the email but I imagine the terms will be similar and it probably only applies to the US.

• Like 1