Specialty Dining Elite Plus Discount

tromvest

I want to book a specialty dining restaurant for an upcoming reservation. Being elite plus I get a 15% discount on the fee for specialty dining. How do I book that pre-cruise online and apply the 15%? I spoke to Celebrity and they thought ( weren’t sure) that I had to pay full price and then go to Guest Relations on board to get the 15% credited back. I can’t believe that’s the way it has to be done. 

Edited by tromvest

• tromvest changed the title to Specialty Dining Elite Plus Discount

Yes, that’s what we were required to do on our recent cruise. As an FYI, only the elite+ passengers get the discount. We booked and paid for dinner for our family of 4. My DH and I received the elite+ discount, but we paid full price for the other 2 members of our family. 

41 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Anyone know:

1)  Can you book pre-cruise in advance (and go to guest relations once on board)?

2)  If yes, does the 15% stack with pre-cruise discounts?

Yes to the first question. We did exactly this on our 2 cruises this year.

No, you cannot stack 2 discounts. 🥲

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, sheeng said:

Yes to the first question. We did exactly this on our 2 cruises this year.

No, you cannot stack 2 discounts. 🥲

I brought this question to the Captain's Club rep. I booked online with a 9% discount and asked about the Elite+ discount with the maitre d' at Tuscan Grille on the Constellation. He said no, but that doesn't seem fair; anyone can get the 9%. I've earned the 15% and if nothing else, should get 15% vs. 9%.

Long story short, I got the 15% (in addition to the 9%) after the host looked into it. 

Edited by hrhdhd

We booked pre cruise and were told to get discount applied  by the MD of the restaurant.  On Apex we went  to Eden and talked MD who said sure!  However the discount didn’t get applied & we didn’t realize it until the next day debarkation day, so no discount.

Recently on the Beyond GR and Retreat Concierge  both said the only way to get the discount was to book onboard.  We had $375 in specialty restaurants booked so expected to see $56 refund with the CC discount but no luck. I was able to get 1 cancelled rebooked with tge discount, but since we were in Spain VAT of 10% was added.

On Silhouette a week ago, we went with friends who are not Elite + to Sushi on 5.  We elected to have one bill and split it.  We received 15% on the total.  Our first night, we had booked LCG on the 30% off first night offer.  We did not receive any other discount and didn't really expect one.

This is great information, we are sailing  3 ships B2B this winter. We become  Elite + after the first B2B. We bought the dining package for the last two ships where we will be Elite +.

Guess I just go to guest services and ask for the discount to be applied and have it become OBC. 

Fingers crossed! 🤞🏻

Cheers!