What would you do?

PSahoy

Study the floor plan.

- Room 7030 is forward port. Near where the A1s start. BUT right near the opening area for the elevators and stairs. (This would be a concern for me. I don't like being where I MAY hear this type of noise outside my room, though many seem to say they haven't experienced it.)

- The A1s and A2s are mainly on Deck 7. There are 4 A1s on Deck 8, two center and two aft central. Just as there are 4 A2s on Deck 5, two forward central and two aft central.

I have never taken a guarantee cabin, but looking at the Insignia deck plans:  there are no A1 cabins that I would not like (except maybe the two on deck 8 midships, but they are probably already taken as 2nd bedrooms for the adjoining PH suites).  This looks like a no-lose situation.

On 11/12/2022 at 7:17 PM, MEFIowa said:

Study the floor plan.

- Room 7030 is forward port. Near where the A1s start. BUT right near the opening area for the elevators and stairs. (This would be a concern for me. I don't like being where I MAY hear this type of noise outside my room, though many seem to say they haven't experienced it.)

- The A1s and A2s are mainly on Deck 7. There are 4 A1s on Deck 8, two center and two aft central. Just as there are 4 A2s on Deck 5, two forward central and two aft central.

Our experience with Oceania elevator noise is if you’re not paying attention it may arrive and leave as it makes so little noise. Other lines ding or bell when arriving/departing but not O. You may hear a passenger talking if they’re loud but that’s about it. Doors are pretty quiet too. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 7:17 PM, MEFIowa said:

Study the floor plan.

I spent two weeks in 7028, right next door, sound was never an issue for us.  

On 11/13/2022 at 12:41 PM, Redtravel said:

Often booked gty cabins when there was significant savings.  No real difference between A1 and A2.  Book the cabin in your desired location.  However, if you want a shot at a suite, book the gty.  It could happen.

Or, you could get royally screwed.  We decided  to add a final leg to our already booked B2B2B on Sirena this Oct/Nov.  All that was available (11 months out)  in PH was a PH3 gty so that was what we booked.  We didn't get a cabin until 2 days before that sailing, and only because someone cancelled.  If that person had not, the only space available on the entire ship was an inside twin.  So we are done with gty on small ships.

1 hour ago, Kate-AHF said:

We didn't get a cabin until 2 days before that sailing, and only because someone cancelled.  If that person had not, the only space available on the entire ship was an inside twin.  So we are done with gty on small ships.

They would not put you in an inside if you booked  a PH

They will make move up or over offers to those in the cabin categories they need to clear the GTY bookings

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

They would not put you in an inside if you booked  a PH

They will make move up or over offers to those in the cabin categories they need to clear the GTY bookings

Ya think?  I'm not as positive as you are.  I was on board and in touch with management every single day.  There were no cabins available, unless I was being lied to every single day.  I personally think they screwed up in a big way, and only avoided a major ruckus (on y part) by the grace of God.

Edited by Kate-AHF
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

Ya think?  I'm not as positive as you are.  I was on board and in touch with management every single day.  There were no cabins available, unless I was being lied to every single day.  I personally think they screwed up in a big way, and only avoided a major ruckus (on y part) by the grace of God.

That's the whole point of a guarantee: equal or better cabin.  Who in management were you in touch with?  And you got a PH, right?  Seems like O lived up to the promise, so I think your projecting your anxiety.

11 hours ago, DENIE said:

Never booked a guarantee, but I have seen so many negative experiences that I think I just prefer to select our own room.  I get the possible savings, but...

there is no saving on O for taking a GTY  unlike  main stream lines