Anytime dining question

ukdeblarz

We have always done early seating, but decided to try anytime dining for Feb 2023 Constellation.  Sitting at a table for two is our goal and is important to us.  It was a problem getting switched on the Equinox in June. Hence why we are trying anytime for our next cruise.

I see we can reserve times in the app for anytime dining.

Question.   If we have a reservation, we just show up at that time.  When we show up can we request a table for two or will we be pre reserved at an assigned table (which could be a large top)?  Are we better to reserve a time or just show up?

18 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

On our last two cruises, we were seated without a reservation before the people with  reservations. 

I'm sure thaub happens on occasion. Agree with @WrittenOnYourHeart. We have always been seated immediately when arriving for our reserved time. The line for the non reservations for SD has always been long. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gfkcruiser said:

Have cruised 5 times since December 2021.  Always have anytime dining and there are 2 of us.  Never been asked if want to share as had been asked many years ago. 

If we wanted to share, is that still an option, or no? I guess we would just indicate that we’d want to when we get to the front stand? 

55 minutes ago, piemom9397 said:

If we wanted to share, is that still an option, or no? I guess we would just indicate that we’d want to when we get to the front stand? 

I'd guess that you could...but I suspect that the vast majority of people who opt for Select Dining do it for their own table, so there may be a wait or there may be no one who wants to share.

We did a 12 night NE/Canada cruise on the Summit in September and we had the same table each evening at 6:00PM. The table was a four top in between 2 two tops. SD with reservation line was non existent. No reservation line for SD always had people waiting in line. 

Edited by davekathy

We always make reservations pre-cruise, even at various times depending on what we might have planned for the day(early or later return from an excursion etc.).  Rarely a problem if we show up at a different time than reservation. ( not offended if we have to wait since it’s on us if we alter our arrival time) Always get a table for two.  Tables are so close to each other that conversation is easy if desired and easy not to without appearing rude.

FYI On a recent cruise we did occasionally notice the “no reservation “ guests were seated sooner.  A couple of observations…they had pagers so had checked in earlier, or were part of a group of 3 or more so their larger table was available.

9 hours ago, piemom9397 said:

Yes, we always share. We prebook the time on arrival at the desk we simply say our cabin number followed by table of 6 sharing please.