Ship change advisory – Carnival Magic to Carnival Venezia

Old Fart Cruisers

I just received this email informing me of a ship change.  Has anyone been on the Venezia recently?  How do the cabins compare to Carnival Magic's cabins?  When is it scheduled to be converted to carnival? 

GUEST ADVISORY - SHIP CHANGE

CARNIVAL MAGIC TO CARNIVAL VENEZIA 
JUNE 15, 2023 – SEPTEMBER 23, 2023

November 13, 2022

Dear Carnival Magic Guest,

We want to provide you with an update on your cruise.  Carnival Venezia will be joining the Carnival fleet and will now be operating our sailings from New York, including your cruise.  We know you will enjoy the warm and friendly service from our Carnival Venezia crew, and the variety of entertainment and activities we have planned for you.

Just like her Carnival sisters, fun will be at the heart of Carnival Venezia, but she will also carry a unique experience – incorporating the spectacular Italian atmosphere and rich culture into a variety of onboard offerings.  Carnival Venezia is a new Vista class ship built in 2018, offering spacious and comfortable staterooms along with many fan-favorite onboard features like Bonsai Teppanyaki, Fahrenheit 555, Seafood Shack, Pizzeria del Capitano, Javablue Café, Ivory Piano Bar, Heroes Tribute Bar, plus Cloud 9 Spa and Serenity™.

Here’s what you need to know about the ship transfer process:    
  • You will be assigned a comparable stateroom to what you are currently holding.
  • Our team will be working on moving all the reservations until November 21, 2022, so there is no need to call us.  Once the transfer is completed, you will receive a confirmation with your new ship and stateroom assignment.
  • Any onboard credit currently on your reservation will be automatically transferred to your new booking.   
  • All pre-purchased items such as Carnival Vacation Protection, gratuities, beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and Fun Shop items will automatically transfer. 
Thank you for your understanding.  We look forward to welcoming you aboard our newest member of the family and are committed to providing you with a fun and memorable vacation. 

Sincerely,

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimage.carnivalcru
Colleen Oliverio
VP, Guest Services - Contact Centers

So it is now official as we got the email as well. It is a Vista Class ship built in 2019. They will start converting her in December. We aren't happy as the Vista Class isn't a favourite of ours, especially since it doesn't have the Havana area. We'll probably still go on our B2B in September,  just hope we are given our bowling alley balcony like we had booked on the Magic. 😎

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

So it is now official as we got the email as well. It is a Vista Class ship built in 2019. We aren't happy as the Vista Class isn't a favourite of ours, especially since it doesn't have the Havana area. We'll probably still go on our B2B in September,  just hope we are given our bowling alley balcony like we had booked on the Magic. 😎

You've gotta be ready to hit this soccer field.

Costa_Venezia_Activity_Deck-4.jpg

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Seems like a free upgrade IMO, much nicer ship! I'd be stoked, especially with previous sailings under the belt, trying something new for the same cost is pretty awesome.  

I don't know if stoked is the word, but we'll try her out. She does have some longer itineraries in the winter that interest us, and being that NYC is our home port it is convenient. 😎

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 1

I wonder how much of a Costa experience this will be versus Carnival, have they said?  My questions/concerns, will they still have the Carnival menus, chocolate melting cake, seaday brunch?  Cupid shuffle at a sailaway party?  I am ok with some changes, that might even be nice, but I want to feel I am on a Carnival ship with a Carnival experience.

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

I don't know if stoked is the word, but we'll try her out. She does have some longer itineraries in the winter that interest us, and being that NYC is our home port it is convenient. 😎

There are some new itineraries I am interested in and the pricing is good, but I would like to know more about the onboard product.

• Like 2

This confirms the rumor that i noticed when Bermuda released their 2023 ship schedule a few weeks ago. I have 2 cruises in June and August, i wonder how they are going to switch me. I have the 1a porthole

I also noticed that the carnival website is updated

Carnival Venezia will be sailing out of NYC in the winter too..nice

19 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

Just got the email myself for our 2 room sailing in June of 2023. Taking our 7 and 5 year old grand daughters on their FIRST cruise. NO WATERWORKS on this ship. NO SLIDES for the kids. This is not going to be an UP grade from the Magic.

Water slide video below. Not sure on kids club though. 

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Thanks 1

They are probably still deciding if they want to put Guys Burgers near the pool and more. For Luminosa, they just didn't have time, but with Venezia they have 6 months to convert.

I'll have to look at Costa Venezia deck plans to see what's there now.

Edited by CarnivalShips480

1 minute ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

They are probably still deciding if they want to put Guys Burgers near the pool and more. Luminosa they just didn't have time, but with Venezia they have 6 months.

I'll have to look at Costa Venezia deck plans to see what's there now

Most of the "fun to be revealed" slots seems to be eateries, most of the usual Carnival ones have slots, they must be putting in new ones specific for Venezia, or just change the wording, like I would hope they keep the gelato. However, I don't think it is getting Guy's Burger's, rather something different. I also don't see Carnival Deli either unless that will be within the Lido Marketplace later on.

• Like 1

Here are a few pictures of the comparison. A little bigger ship. It will have waterworks by the time it gets here. It says coming soon. There are a lot of things on Magic that will not be on it though. Most noticeable for me is the aguys Pig and Anchor BBQ

C2A9AB07-1931-4F60-B7E8-7BAB84112A35.png

1E1F6278-3F25-4B2F-845B-38411D201B47.png

B02EFB80-4DC7-442B-995B-99CB54C339B8.png

1D7F88A0-EF8F-4703-B70C-7ADB74873DEB.png

• Like 1