Bar service in The Explorers Lounge on Deck 8

makaha

Could someone share the protocol for receiving bar service on Deck 8 of The Explorer Lounge?  Do we go down to deck 7 and carry it up the stairs?  Do we order it on Deck 7 and a server brings it up?  Is there perhaps regular service?   Trivia I know….I just don’t want to spill my martini😎

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, makaha said:

Could someone share the protocol for receiving bar service on Deck 8 of The Explorer Lounge?  Do we go down to deck 7 and carry it up the stairs?  Do we order it on Deck 7 and a server brings it up?  Is there perhaps regular service?   Trivia I know….I just don’t want to spill my martini😎

Service “upstairs” can be quite sporadic depending on how many people are on Deck 8 vs on 7.  If you order at the bar, they will be more than happy to bring it up to you.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, makaha said:

Thank you all, for your help!  Can you walk outside from The Explorers Lounge on Deck 8?

Not directly from the EL, but you can take the “secret door” on the starboard side and walk down the corridor to the forward stairs up to Deck 9.

9 hours ago, LindaS272 said:

Take a look at this 360 degree view of EL deck 8 and you’ll see the doors on each side of the lounge that lead you to stairs going up to the sports deck.

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/content/oceans-360/start.html?secure=true&nav_id=8242-119960

I stand corrected!
Never noticed those doors before, obviously.
Thanks for the learning.

31 minutes ago, sundaycreek said:

The “secret door” is located on Port side, I believe.

Affirmative, the door to the cabins is on the Port side by the Library. They also have an exit on each side with stairs leading up to the fwd seating areas on Dk9.

I attach a photo of the area showing the door.

860278992_ExplorersDk8Library.thumb.jpg.75c4e60e57c89335c4fa6105b6a2d1b7.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, makaha said:

Thank you for your responses.

SO….in the Explorers Lounge on Deck 8, no-one can stand OUTSIDE in front of the window at the bow of the ship?

Correct.  No one can stand OUTSIDE on the bow (front) side of the windows on deck 8.  As mentioned by others there are external doors on both the starboard and port sides which open to a relatively small platform.  A few people can stand  on the platform and look out to that side... it is about the length of your stateroom veranda.  From those platforms there are stairs leading up to deck 9 sports deck. 

I seem to recall that there were also internal doors to the deck 8 hallways on both the port and starboard sides of the Explorers' Lounge.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 10:30 AM, Heidi13 said:

Affirmative, the door to the cabins is on the Port side by the Library. They also have an exit on each side with stairs leading up to the fwd seating areas on Dk9.

I attach a photo of the area showing the door.

860278992_ExplorersDk8Library.thumb.jpg.75c4e60e57c89335c4fa6105b6a2d1b7.jpg

We have never been on a ship that had a game table up on Deck 8 explorer's lounge.  I am glad the planetariums are NOT on the newer ships.  Although, I have enjoyed the resident astronomers the planetariums shows were not my thing!

• Like 1