TA Pulling Something On Me?

We're D+ and are always hoping that we get the appropiate discount. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

This time the TA is apparently giving us the discount. But no OBC

Here is what she wrote

"There is no onboard credit when the Crown and Anchor discount is a better fare. Royal Caribbean rules"

Maybe an experianced TA here can chime in?

17 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

We're D+ and are always hoping that we get the appropiate discount. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Here is what she wrote

"There is no onboard credit when the Crown and Anchor discount is a better fare. Royal Caribbean rules"

It has been many cruises since we were able to apply the C&A balcony discount, always a better deal to keep the discount away.

5 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

It has been many cruises since we were able to apply the C&A balcony discount, always a better deal to keep the discount away.

I noticed, purely by chance, that during the whole black Friday/cyber Monday business, if you were booking a balcony cabin you did get the C&A balcony discount because it was more than the BF/CM discount but on suites it was the opposite. 

29 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Here is what she wrote

Find a TA with group rates. On group rates, I am getting my balcony discount, however, if I take the balcony rate it's not combinable with the $50 obc early booking. One or the other.

I'm getting very good group rates from my TA. Love it. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Find a TA with group rates. On group rates, I am getting my balcony discount, however, if I take the balcony rate it's not combinable with the $50 obc early booking. One or the other.

How do you even find that? I have tried looking in the past never understood where to even start?

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

PLUS group rates are refundable deposit. 

This the only way I book lately. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Here is what she wrote

Promotional OBC from Royal is not combinable with the balcony discount.

2 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Here is what she wrote

I did not think that the BFCM offers had OBC with them, it was all instant savings. Not sure what OBC you are referring to

2 hours ago, J0Y0US said:

How do you even find that? I have tried looking in the past never understood where to even start?

Ask around on your next cruise for instance if you meet up with someone who says they have a great ta if you cant find a way sooner. 

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

However, when we booked with Next Cruise on our cruise in May, we got both the C&A Diamond balcony discount AND OBC - not to mention we only put down a $100 pp deposit on an 18–night South Pacific cruise.  😁

31 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

not looking for cruise promothion OBC. looking for TA incentive OBC. Reasoning TA doesn't want to give it is because Royal is discounting the cabin

It would probably be based on what the overall booking cost came to.  They may have a certain minimum before they start rebating part of their commission.

17 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yea, this stuff always gripes us.  So many 'pronotional' things, then there's our TA who often provides 'benies' [like wine or OBC], then there's our shareholder OBC, then there's our C&A discounts, and then sometimes there's 'more' Crown and Anchor stuff [for example if on what they call an 'exceptional journey' cruise]...it all really keeps one totally confounded on what exactly one 'should' be getting.  Some things cancel out other things, but other things are guaranteed, but always there's 30% off second guest, or kids sail free...or...ha...my head just blew up. 

All in fun though.  We appreciate the heck out of our TA...and love Royal and Celebrity.  We never feel 'cheated' or anything...just confused as all heck.  

• Like 1