Vaccine and testing

I just got an email from Celebrity for our cruise later this month. It said vaccines are not required but we should still bring our vaccination cards. Why would I bring it, and risk losing it, if it’s not required?  Do they COVID test everyone?  Just people that aren’t vaccinated?  Do they test at all?  This will be my first cruise since COVID.  It seems like the rules constantly change so I have no idea what to expect. 

Why would you not bring your vaccination card?! For the present, covid rules have been relaxed for most cruises. But as you said yourself, "it seems like the rules constantly change."

Regulations in your ports of call could be different, or they too could change. Bring your card, your good sense about crowds and all that, chill, and enjoy a great cruise!

• Like 2

Kind of the same as a drivers license and passport and so on. And the other posts are right, may need it for ports. I always put mine inside my passport. 

The Celebrity website has very straightforward info on what is required and right now, for Most itineraries, no proof of vaccination and no testing for anyone. 

Some exceptions I’m familiar with are NZ and Australia. And just completed a TA that required proof of vaccination and monitored test. Right now, The island Turks requires proof of vaccination to enter. 

Take a look at the Celebrity section:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/health-and-safety 

den

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I just got an email from Celebrity for our cruise later this month. It said vaccines are not required but we should still bring our vaccination cards. Why would I bring it, and risk losing it, if it’s not required?  Do they COVID test everyone?  Just people that aren’t vaccinated?  Do they test at all?  This will be my first cruise since COVID.  It seems like the rules constantly change so I have no idea what to expect. 

We put our vaccination cards in our passport wallets. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09CPLQ3B5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

The website always has the most up to date info

It is possible that one of the Ports you are visiting requires you to bring your card with you

you should be able to get a duplicate card if you are worried about losing the first one

I assumed their email they sent me today would also have the most up to date information. 

1 hour ago, AC Stew said:

Why would you not bring your vaccination card?! For the present, covid rules have been relaxed for most cruises. But as you said yourself, "it seems like the rules constantly change."

Regulations in your ports of call could be different, or they too could change. Bring your card, your good sense about crowds and all that, chill, and enjoy a great cruise!

I never take my vaccination card anywhere. It’s always in our safe. This is just a 5 night girls trip to Key West and Cozumel. 

29 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Lock it in the safe---very low risk.  Otherwise, anything you need to know is here.

I’m sure I will. I was more worried about someone stealing it while us ladies travel back and forth to Ft Lauderdale. 

15 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Kind of the same as a drivers license and passport and so on. And the other posts are right, may need it for ports. I always put mine inside my passport. 

The Celebrity website has very straightforward info on what is required and right now, for Most itineraries, no proof of vaccination and no testing for anyone. 

Some exceptions I’m familiar with are NZ and Australia. And just completed a TA that required proof of vaccination and monitored test. Right now, The island Turks requires proof of vaccination to enter. 

Take a look at the Celebrity section:

den

Just going to Key West and Cozumel. 

12 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I like that. I may order one. 

1 minute ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I assumed their email they sent me today would also have the most up to date information. ……..

Their website is where Celebrity attempts to keep the most up to date info especially for All the ports and itineraries. An email only captures the specific timeframe, and countries/ports of call change their requirements which wouldn’t be reflected in an email. 

That’s why the emails are usually pretty general. 

Den

2 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

The whys and wherefores of the vaccination card have been covered by others.  I have nothing to add.

I suspect Celebrity has the right to test those that they see with explicit symptoms, but I doubt they bother with more than a few of those in that group these days.  Otherwise, no test required on short cruises - and it's been that way for a few months now.

On to the portion I highlighted about the rules - OMG!  You have no idea!  The vaccination, testing, documentation, embarkation, and disembarkation requirements have been in a constant state of flux since we were allowed to cruise again.  Things have stabilized, relatively speaking, and I don't think we're going to go back to where we were.  But we could.  I've decided to just roll with things rather than let it all get to me.  I'm glad you're doing the same.  Have a great cruise!

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

We do too - along with our Global Entry card, back up credit card and a bit of emergency cash.  Stays on our person or in the safe- makes me comfortable.

1 hour ago, retird said:

The purpose of the vaccination card or certificate is to prove your status when travelling .   It serves no purpose locked up at home

And I’d like to have it when we travel somewhere it’s needed. Our cruise is only going to Key West and Cozumel.  I don’t know why anyplace requires it now that there are more Caz we people dying from covid than unvaxxed. Besides, the flu is much worse this year than COVID, at least around here. It seems to have turned into a cold. 

1 hour ago, AC Stew said:

Leaving your vax card at home in a safe is not much different than trying to travel with your passport locked at home in your safe. When you need it ... you need it. 

Well, we tried.

Not when you’re traveling somewhere it’s not needed. 

29 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

We do too - along with our Global Entry card, back up credit card and a bit of emergency cash.  Stays on our person or in the safe- makes me comfortable.

Both would be kept in the safe on the ship. My worries would be losing it during pre or post-cruise travel. 

43 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Both would be kept in the safe on the ship. My worries would be losing it during pre or post-cruise travel. 

Our passports are also locked in our safe the moment we get to our stateroom. We've never been to any ports that require our passport while getting off or back on the ship. We did three cruises this year and never had to show our vaccinations cards at any of the ports. If you buy the passport wallet and put your vaccination card in it with your passport then you know where they are.  The rest is all on you keeping them secure while traveling. 

• Host Anne locked, unlocked and locked this topic