Is there a Cigar bar on the Equinox?

Wspinelli

I've never been on Equinox, but I would venture to guess that no, there is no cigar bar or lounge aboard.  Celebrity is not a "cigar friendly" cruise line.  I too like to end my night with my favorite stogie and my libation of choice. (That's what they did on Titanic and look how that turned out!)  I did some research and found out that my upcoming Silhouette cruise had a cigar smoking section in the Sunset Lounge.  It is on deck and uncovered, but from what I hear it'd a nice area.  Have you ever been on a Norwegian or Princess ship?  Most of them have an indoor dedicated cigar lounge.  I'm sure Equinox will have a space for you.  Enjoy your voyage!

Elvis

69AF50D4-9BD2-4DD0-BE9C-E0EF950B05DB.thumb.jpeg.140e326622b0a908790632e6aac28ca5.jpeg

Fun cruise memory. My son and I enjoying a cigar on the lawn, many miles from land. Equinox June 2018.Looking forward to repeating  this on Equinox July 2023. Will be our first cruise post-pandemic.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 9:04 AM, bigbenboys said:

We were just on Equinox sister ship Solstice and I saw cigar smokers at the Sunset Bar. The bar also sells cigars.

Smokers were not smoking seated at the Sunset Bar. But were smoking/cigars at the table on the port side of the bar.Celebrity.webp.84f859a75f607649d6ebf53e746110cf.webp

Edited by bigbenboys
spelling

Years ago Michael's Club was a Cigar Bar and even had a ladies night.   Smoking is no longer allowed anywhere inside on the Celebrity Fleet.    On S-Class the best smoking area is Port Side at the Sunset bar

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marieps said:

Oceania offers a cigar bar.  Not very well populated from what I noticed.

This is not correct, you must be thinking about another cruise line. Oceania does have an indoor smoking area in the Horizons lounge on the port side as you walk in, but cigars are not allowed in there. Sometimes people don't know that and might fire one up. It would make a great cigar bar smoking area though. Cigars and pipes on Oceania are only allowed in the smoking area on the pool deck, starboard side. Deck 12 on the O ships and Deck 9 on the R ships. 

1 hour ago, ORV said:

This is not correct, you must be thinking about another cruise line. Oceania does have an indoor smoking area in the Horizons lounge on the port side as you walk in, but cigars are not allowed in there. Sometimes people don't know that and might fire one up. It would make a great cigar bar smoking area though. Cigars and pipes on Oceania are only allowed in the smoking area on the pool deck, starboard side. Deck 12 on the O ships and Deck 9 on the R ships. 

I was thinking about O, but my last experience was 2019.  I don't partake, but thought sure that little room on Regatta offered cigars.  Please forgive me if I was mistaken.  Thanks for setting me str8.

30 minutes ago, marieps said:

I was thinking about O, but my last experience was 2019.  I don't partake, but thought sure that little room on Regatta offered cigars.  Please forgive me if I was mistaken.  Thanks for setting me str8.

No need for forgiveness, LOL, I could see how someone casually passing by there might think it was a cigar room, but they are pretty strict about it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses, I'm not adverse to enjoying my cigar outside.  As a matter of fact, there is a no smoking rule inside my home rule in place. Sitting on deck in the evening smoking a Cubano and sipping on a bourbon, cognac or suffering through a Martini is better than sitting on my deck in the cold and snow!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Wspinelli said:

Thanks for the responses, I'm not adverse to enjoying my cigar outside.  As a matter of fact, there is a no smoking rule inside my home rule in place. Sitting on deck in the evening smoking a Cubano and sipping on a bourbon, cognac or suffering through a Martini is better than sitting on my deck in the cold and snow!

We are also on Equinox (Jan 21 sailing).  I will definitely bring a cigar or two.  What sailing are you on?

Thinking about picking up a box of Cubans in Cayman, there are a few good cigar stores there. Haven't found a decent shop in Bonaire. I don't know the availability of cigars in Curaçao so if anybody knows of a decent shop there, I'd love to hear about it.

12 hours ago, Wspinelli said:

Thinking about picking up a box of Cubans in Cayman, there are a few good cigar stores there. Haven't found a decent shop in Bonaire. I don't know the availability of cigars in Curaçao so if anybody knows of a decent shop there, I'd love to hear about it.

For real Cuban cigars you need to find stores or outlets for La Casa del Habanos.  They will be very pricey but authentic.  There is one in Grand Cayman  (Harbour Dr. Georgetown). One in Curacao (201D Schottegatweg Oost, Willemstad, Curaçao).  One in Bonaire (31 Kaya Grandi, Kralendijk).  All very near the cruise ports.  In Nassau you can get them at the Atlantis.  Or go to the Graycliff Cigar company for genuine Graycliffs.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

go to the Graycliff Cigar company for genuine Graycliffs.

Hey @TeeRick does GrayCliff have good prices? I'm looking at picking up a few cigars on my next trip, and was looking at doing it in FLL before I leave, but Nassau is our first stop. Cigars are crazy expensive here in Canada for me, so looking at getting a good option at a reasonable price.

6 minutes ago, cmaleblanc said:

Hey @TeeRick does GrayCliff have good prices? I'm looking at picking up a few cigars on my next trip, and was looking at doing it in FLL before I leave, but Nassau is our first stop. Cigars are crazy expensive here in Canada for me, so looking at getting a good option at a reasonable price.

In Nassau, you can book a cigar tour at GrayCliff.  They are a short walk from the cruise terminal.  I have not been there for quite some time so not sure about the prices. Check the website.   I will be in Nassau on our Equinox cruise on Jan 22.

2 hours ago, cmaleblanc said:

If you're staying in a hotel before/after your cruise in the US, as a fellow Canadian I would recommend ordering from somewhere like thompsoncigar.com and shipping them to your hotel. Prices on average are 2/3 cheaper than what we pay north of the border when you start finding deals.  I've been doing this for years and only bought locally during the pandemic (when I was forced to, and when we couldn't travel).  No cubans of course.

We got off the Beyond a couple of weeks ago, and I would think the smoking sections are the same as the Edge, By the Sunset bar, above the Mast bar, and outside  Eden. The one over the Mast Bar was the most weather proof as it's covered.