Soda Package Questions

RogueMonk

18 minutes ago, RogueMonk said:

I prepaid for the soda package -- can I use it as soon as I board? Or do I need to wait for the "souvenir cup."

Also, after 12 days, that cup will be pretty gross. Is there some way to get it washed?

you don’t have to use the cup…..you can get soda at any bar…

• Like 2

11 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

you don’t have to use the cup…..you can get soda at any bar…

If you're on a ship with the soda machines you do need the cup. It has a chip in the bottom of it that allows you to use the machines.

12 hours ago, RogueMonk said:

I prepaid for the soda package -- can I use it as soon as I board? Or do I need to wait for the "souvenir cup."

Also, after 12 days, that cup will be pretty gross. Is there some way to get it washed?

Yes, you can start using your package as soon as you are onboard.  Proceed to any bar, and tell them you have the soda package and would like you cup.  They will verify you package using your boarding pass or room number and give you the cup.  They will even fill it for you if the soda you want is available at the bar (e.g. diet coke, club soda).  

I have had bar tenders rinse out my cup before filling it when I have gotten a fountain soda at the bar.  Otherwise, as others said, wash it out in the sink or shower in your stateroom. 

The cup is only mandator at the soda machines as they are RFID activated and the chip in the cup is what activates the machines,  

4 hours ago, fpcruiser said:

Just go to almost any bar when you get on. Show them your card and they will give you the cup. I know the bar in front of the Windjammer does, that is where I get mine when I have prepurchased it.

Show your card or just show your set sail pass on your phone if you haven't gotten your card yet.  The cups were at all the bars and there were two types, at least on the Wonder two weeks ago.  

11 hours ago, fweegy said:

If you're on a ship with the soda machines you do need the cup. It has a chip in the bottom of it that allows you to use the machines.

Yes you need a cup for those machines but nothing stopping you going to a bar and getting a drink.

13 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

Can you get cans of club soda or sparkling water to keep in the cabin fridge. Wife drinks it like a fish!

Not with the soda package.  Gun only (unless the guns are not working at that particular bar).  You might look into the canned soda package in the Gifts area of the web site.  Slightly cheaper than bar price for single can.

If you wanna be really "extra" you can get those dehydrated sponges from Trader Joe's and bring one of those to wash your cup out, and you can pack some dish soap in a travel container. I did this, it takes up almost no room in your suitcase, but I never used it because I only got soda twice.

https://www.amazon.com/Trader-Joes-Sponges-Vegetable-Cellulose/dp/B008XLGDDQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?adgrpid=58644762120&gclid=Cj0KCQiAnNacBhDvARIsABnDa68fzRVXzYGUMh9rLneT4s9tbIOz7LevGWgKdRW_t4sOcfj9HrjGgOoaAmejEALw_wcB&hvadid=409958405931&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=9028727&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=536699180901712893&hvtargid=kwd-326823099516&hydadcr=12157_11118205&keywords=trader+joe's+pop+up+sponges&qid=1670779905&sr=8-3#

The other handy thing I bring for my soda cups is these straws. Every time someone saw me with my cup and straw they'd ask where I got the straw, and they were disappointed to find out it didn't come with the cup.

Tumbler 1067656 Tumbler Reusable Flexible Straws, 11in, Clear https://a.co/d/h314TUf

Edited by ARandomTraveler
  • Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 10:12 AM, fweegy said:

even on the ships with soda machines you do NOT  have to use only the cup.  You can get soda in a glass at any bar.  

Have done this many times and have the unopened cups in my cabinet to prove it…😁😁

6 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

even on the ships with soda machines you do NOT  have to use only the cup.  You can get soda in a glass at any bar.  

Have done this many times and have the unopened cups in my cabinet to prove it…😁😁

I agree, you can definitely do that but you can't get very much variety like you can in the machines. I like caffeine free diet coke with vanilla. I definitely have to use the machine with that mixture.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

I didn't say you need have the cup to get soda. I said you need have the cup to get soda from the machines. I too have done this many times over the past years.