LIVE: Ruby Princess Dec 18-29 Western Caribbean/Mexico

ceilidh1

@ceilidh1Thank you for taking the time to bring us along with you. Ive really enjoyed following your reports. I find Westjet check in very buggy and combined with medallionet! Yikes!

Don’t worry about your connection in YYC tomorrow. I’ve flown that itinerary a few times, and you’ll make it. Just don’t let the kids dawdle!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Disembark has started. All walk off called. We are in elite lounge in fusion enjoying our last coffee and pastry onboard 

Wishing you safe and smooth travels home.  Thank you for spending so much time sharing your cruise with us!

• Like 4

9am and on the bus. The rep is having us count off like they do in kindergarten. Yikes. Now she said we are headed to Hobby. NOOOO. Lol. Shore staff are contracted by Princess but work for Intercruises - don’t let this be a reflection on Princess staff.

• Like 1

Thanks for your updates this morning!  I was a little concerned when you said disembarkation for those with checked luggage hadn’t started yet, but G was in an early group and his shuttle was right on time. 

For information for those who DO want a shuttle to Hobby, Princess doesn’t run a shuttle there, only to IAH. Based on the advice of someone here on CC, I booked Galveston Express for DH (409.762.4397, $30 for seniors). I booked it online, but had to phone them when DH extended for one more cruise. With just two days notice, they willingly moved his reservation to another day, free of charge. Then this morning they were exactly where they said they’d be, right on time. Highly recommend. 

Now he just has to deal with Southwest and the copious amount of snow we got here at home overnight. 🤞🏼🤞🏼

• Like 3

For those flying Southwest through Hobby, the check in area was empty this morning. No one is there, because people either can’t get there (cancelled flights) or have cancelled on their own wanting to avoid the whole situation. DH got re-ticketed on an earlier flight with 30 available seats. Crazy. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

For those flying Southwest through Hobby, the check in area was empty this morning. No one is there, because people either can’t get there (cancelled flights) or have cancelled on their own wanting to avoid the whole situation. DH got re-ticketed on an earlier flight with 30 available seats. Crazy. 

hopefully a direct flight ... SW is having major problems to say the least - reading stories about people spending 5 days before being able to rebook - and if changing airlines crazy expensive, if available at all.  guess it depends on airport and destination.

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

hopefully a direct flight ... SW is having major problems to say the least - reading stories about people spending 5 days before being able to rebook - and if changing airlines crazy expensive, if available at all.  guess it depends on airport and destination.

We are well aware. When it got really bad on Monday I actually found him a seat on the only flight with availability before next week (on Saturday) in case his flight today got cancelled. Also found him a hotel near Hobby. He just took off and will arrive home three hours ahead of schedule. We got very, very lucky.

But here’s the thing. We understand that just because it didn’t happen to us doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. 

• Like 8