Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

8 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

I expect to see Eleven walking with Papa down that tunnel

stranger-things-10.webp

hallwaysun.jpg

This is so funny. If Princess upgrade to this then you must have been really bad in a previous life!

11 hours ago, dides said:

I saw this posted on response to a query about cabin balconies in the Sphere but could not locate more details. 

Lillie Rowe on fb posted those 2 chairs. She has a premium deluxe balcony in the Sphere area deck 10 SUN Princess this week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StevenW said:

Thanks for your insider info Dr J.

No lift instructions. How many people will enter lifts, and then have to get back out again. Day1 of each sailing could be a little chaotic around the lifts. Thankfully the number of lifts has increased with this new ship.

Anything is an improvement over the old system. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

Then people just need to be “trained” to let people off the elevator before getting on 🤣

Maybe their afraid of not being able to board. 

9 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

I expect to see Eleven walking with Papa down that tunnel

stranger-things-10.webp

hallwaysun.jpg

Can someone confirm cabin category please? This looks dreadful and I am really hoping it isn’t the category I just won an upgrade bid for. I would rather save the money and go back to premium ocean view near the spa to use my thermal suite pass.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, dog said:

Lillie Rowe on fb posted those 2 chairs. She has a premium deluxe balcony in the Sphere area deck 10 SUN Princess this week.

13 minutes ago, Cdude said:

Can someone confirm cabin category please? This looks dreadful and I am really hoping it isn’t the category I just won an upgrade bid for. I would rather save the money and go back to premium ocean view near the spa to use my thermal suite pass.

24 minutes ago, Cdude said:

Someone said it was a Premium Deluxe on the sphere on Deck 10.  That would be one of these cabins then. 

IMG_6777.thumb.jpeg.88fab52e5a1a207ab679d6682def5631.jpeg

8 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

New tea?  Does it replace afternoon tea?

Don’t know if it replaces afternoon tea completely. But they’ll be doing a $30 tea with a chef who used to work with England’s royal family. My teen and I are very excited to experience this when we sail. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

The Sanctuary area looks fantastic...but...where's the shade??? I didn't see an umbrella in sight and very little covered areas, and where there was covering there were no loungers. Anyone know how much a cabana costs? Can those be booked in advance or only onboard?

The Elite section is much nicer and has all the shade.  The other side is fine as long as you get a cabana.  We love the Sanctuary on other ships, but this one not so much.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

The Elite section is much nicer and has all the shade.  The other side is fine as long as you get a cabana.  We love the Sanctuary on other ships, but this one not so much.

I think you meant Suite section ...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, beg3yrs said:

I think you meant Suite section ...

It’s too darn early for me to type!  lol. Yes, of course you’re right and thanks for catching it.  I wish it was Elite section!  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, GK95 said:

Don’t know if it replaces afternoon tea completely. But they’ll be doing a $30 tea with a chef who used to work with England’s royal family. My teen and I are very excited to experience this when we sail. 

If he brings proper clotted cream to Princess then it would be amazing lol

Edited by dides
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dides said:

If he brings proper clotted cream to Princess then it would be amazing lol

25 minutes ago, GK95 said:

I heard somewhere that he'll be Zoomed in and won't be in person.  Might want to verify that if that's important to you.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

The Sanctuary area looks fantastic...but...where's the shade??? I didn't see an umbrella in sight and very little covered areas, and where there was covering there were no loungers. Anyone know how much a cabana costs? Can those be booked in advance or only onboard?

I also find the lack of shade concerning!   :/

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

In another post, you clarified that "Elite" should say Suite, correct??  So the Suite section has shade?? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, happy cruzin said:

In another post, you clarified that "Elite" should say Suite, correct??  So the Suite section has shade?? 

There was a Sanctuary video posted. Doesn’t look like it has shade either, except where there are a couple table and chairs. 😞

• Like 4

Looks like the Sanctuary is now just the retreat pool that you have to pay to access... somewhat unfortunate not to have any other kid free pools. We do prefer the sunny sections of the Sanctuary on other ships so this may also be a welcome sight to some and may encourage us to utilize it more. The cabanas look nice with a sea view sun and shade, has anyone posted prices?

We are on the 5/25 sailing out of Athens and can't wait!