Luggage Valet out of Fort Lauderdale

chamima

3 hours ago, kokopelli-az said:

Yes, we had luggage valet on Princess twice this year.   We love it!   I can't figure out what the deal is with Celebrity that they have not reinstated this very popular program.

15 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I wonder if Celebrity and Princess previously used the same vendor?

yes, it is a great program.

It's "Bags Inc." in FLL/MIA and Seattle, they're the same 3rd party company most airlines use to deliver delayed luggage.  Pure speculation, they raised their fee the cruise lines pay them; Princess accepted and X did...Honestly have no idea; someone should email them, I wouldn't use it as I'm on team fly home early

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It's "Bags Inc." in FLL/MIA and Seattle, they're the same 3rd party company most airlines use to deliver delayed luggage.  Pure speculation, they raised their fee the cruise lines pay them; Princess accepted and X did...Honestly have no idea; someone should email them, I wouldn't use it as I'm on team fly home early

If the vendor raised their fee, wouldn't Celebrity just increase the amount it charges passengers for this service?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It’s been a while but if I remember correctly Celebrity always charged a little more than Princess for the service. 
(Just like corkage. Princess was $25 and Celebrity $30 or $35)
Maybe they felt they had reached the top of what their customers would pay. Too bad they didn’t let us, the customers determine that. 

Edited by chamima
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, kokopelli-az said:

If the vendor raised their fee, wouldn't Celebrity just increase the amount it charges passengers for this service?

1 minute ago, chamima said:

It’s been a while but if I remember correctly Celebrity always charged a little more than Princess for the service. 
Maybe they felt they had reached the top of what their customers would pay. Too bad they didn’t let us, the customers determine that. 

Way too many unknowns, is bags inc charging the cruise lines a certain fee higher than $25?  But the solution for those who want it is to email X requesting it and expressing your dissatisfaction in the post sailing survey

• Like 2

So I gave it a try.  I emailed Lisa Lutoff-Perlo at the email address provided by NutsAboutGolf.  Within two hours (about) I received a call from her office.  The very kind lady thanked me for my effort and said that I was the second person to email concerning the Luggage Valet program.  She indicated they will look into it.  She did know that a like program exists in Seattle.

It may be helpful if more people would email her office and ask that the Luggage Valet program be restarted.  Couldn't hurt and it could be your email that tilts the scale.  🙂 

• Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, crusin okie said:

So I gave it a try.  I emailed Lisa Lutoff-Perlo at the email address provided by NutsAboutGolf.  Within two hours (about) I received a call from her office.  The very kind lady thanked me for my effort and said that I was the second person to email concerning the Luggage Valet program.  She indicated they will look into it.  She did know that a like program exists in Seattle.

It may be helpful if more people would email her office and ask that the Luggage Valet program be restarted.  Couldn't hurt and it could be your email that tilts the scale.  🙂 

I emailed earlier this morning.

I was totally complimentary and just told them what a wonderful service it was and how we missed it.

We'll see...........

Edited by chamima
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, chamima said:

Bringing this up to the top again.

Has it resumed on any Celebrity ships?

I doubt it.  I assume there would be some fanfare from X were they to reactivate the service.  I am somewhat curious as to why it was not restarted after the pandamic.  

It would seem to me with all of the negative publicity (on here at least) you'd think that reinstating the Luggage Valet program , which costs Celebrity nothing and might generate some positive comments, would be a good publicity move at least.

Princess has done this - so it's possible.

Try writing  lLutoff-Perlo@celebritycruises.com with any requests.  (That's LLutoff)

They respond!

Edited by chamima

Followed advise and sent an email to Celebrity yesterday regarding luggage valet. I feel It is especially importat to senior passengers or passengers with disabilities or mobility issues.

Received a call from Celebrity tonight and spoke with a representative who explained Seattle has it and they are trying to work to get it back in Ft.Lauderdale like they had it before.

She stated they had received other correspondence on the luggage valet and take issues seriously.  She also stated the more they receive the better it is.

Like suggested in the posts above take the time to email them if you enjoy this service and want it back. 😀 

• Thanks 1

I would rather see the room service charge removed, or the cutbacks to the dinner in the OV to be reduced, long before they focus on reinstating luggage valet.  Last time we used it the charge was $25 and 1 or 2 bags was misdirected.  

Luggage Valet is great when you have a later flight and luggage to check. In Ft. Lauderdale United only allows you to check luggage 4 hours before the flight, even when in business class.  We had to spend an hour waiting before we could check luggage and go to the United lounge. Southwest is 3 hours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

I would rather see the room service charge removed, or the cutbacks to the dinner in the OV to be reduced, long before they focus on reinstating luggage valet.  Last time we used it the charge was $25 and 1 or 2 bags was misdirected.  

This has nothing to do with $$.  It is a matter of convenience that is paid for by those who use it.

• Like 1