Live from 12/23 Riviera “Alluring Caribbean”

ToxM

1 hour ago, ak1004 said:

The fact remains that out of 11 lines we sailed with, O is the only line that doesn't have a single dining venue open after 9pm. Maybe some people do feel the urge to have a snack before going to bed?

Then take one of the other 10 lines..truly people have been making suggestions that you are not interested in..this is the way Oceania is run and has been for 20 years..if it makes you unhappy I do suggest you cruise elsewhere..where you will be happier..

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ak1004 said:

Once again, I'm comparing this to our experience on other lines. There are always solutions, but for me it was a major inconvenience. Not to mention people who come late from the shore. On our last SS cruise we came back to the cruise around 9pm at least twice. No problem to have a full dinner in at least two venues.

AK, I really don’t mean to be rude, but it doesn’t seem that you are really interested in a solution, even though several very doable ones have been offered. I agree with others that Oceania may not be the cruise line for you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jancruz said:

Then take one of the other 10 lines..truly people have been making suggestions that you are not interested in..this is the way Oceania is run and has been for 20 years..if it makes you unhappy I do suggest you cruise elsewhere..where you will be happier..

Jancruz1

5 minutes ago, SophieM said:

AK, I really don’t mean to be rude, but it doesn’t seem that you are really interested in a solution, even though several very doable ones have been offered. I agree with others that Oceania may not be the cruise line for you.

Thank you for your suggestions. I'm glad that I don't need permission from you to sail on Oceania..

After 20 cruises on 11 different lines, Oceania remains our favorite line, with 3 more cruises booked in 2023-2024. But it doesn't mean that I have to like everything they do. Asking to have at least one dining venue to be open for extended hours is not too much to ask, and the fact is that many others think the same.

Good sailing to everyone.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, ToxM said:

Whilst it is called room service, you don’t HAVE to have it in your room 🙂 You can call and have it sent anywhere on the ship - not sure they would deliver it to the steam room, but you can try if you need it there 😉

Good to know. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Thank you for your suggestions. I'm glad that I don't need permission from you to sail on Oceania..

After 20 cruises on 11 different lines, Oceania remains our favorite line, with 3 more cruises booked in 2023-2024. But it doesn't mean that I have to like everything they do. Asking to have at least one dining venue to be open for extended hours is not too much to ask, and the fact is that many others think the same.

Good sailing to everyone.

I don’t think it’ll be enough demand on Oceania to consider the full dining open till midnight.
Sounds that you have found the solution that works for yourself and the issue is not a deal breaker for you.

Enjoy your future sailings.

On Riviera now, love Oceania, and also wish there were more food options later. But we accept and adjust to make it work.

Had Pizza last night from waves and it was pretty good. The hours were 6:30 to 9:00 pm which made it a dinner choice, would rather it was open earlier or later to have before or after dinner.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jim and Monika said:

On Riviera now, love Oceania, and also wish there were more food options later. But we accept and adjust to make it work.

Had Pizza last night from waves and it was pretty good. The hours were 6:30 to 9:00 pm which made it a dinner choice, would rather it was open earlier or later to have before or after dinner.

I enjoyed using it as a main course and getting starter or dessert from Terrace, I also saw people using the main terrace seating with a number stand so they could get their pizza delivered to their table. 

On 1/12/2023 at 8:41 AM, ORV said:

I really don’t expect Oceania to keep a food venue open in the later evening for the dozen or so people that might be up that time of night, and how many of them would really want food at that time.  They pretty much know their market, and for the most part it’s not night owls. Just be happy they have free room service, unlike what other lines are going to.  This is not mass market. 

If their market isn't night owls, why does their main show start at 9:30pm?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, kml246 said:

I would  not say that is for night owls  it is over before 10:30 PM

If  it  were for night owls  it would stat much later 🤔

It gives those that do not want to snorkel their food  time to have  nice dinner before heading to the show

JMO

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kml246 said:

I dunno, maybe because 3/4 of their passengers dont go to the show and head to bed shortly after dinner. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I would  not say that is for night owls  it is over before 10:30 PM

If  it  were for night owls  it would stat much later 🤔

It gives those that do not want to snorkel their food  time to have  nice dinner before heading to the show

JMO

Don't mind a 9:30pm show if there was an earlier show, too.

2 hours ago, kml246 said:

Don't mind a 9:30pm show if there was an earlier show, too.

They are not like  main stream lines where they have to accommodate thousands of PAX

Usually dining is  an experience  not a marathon 😉

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

They are not like  main stream lines where they have to accommodate thousands of PAX

Usually dining is  an experience  not a marathon 😉

We've cruised a great deal, but mostly Princess and Celebrity. We're tired of the larger ships so we tried Azamara last month and just got off the Riviera this morning, our first Oceania cruise. Azamara had two shows most night, with the first at 7:15 pm. 

We liked this first Oceania cruise (booked four more while on board), but also like Azamara (have five more booked with them). Both had pluses and minuses. Having two shows per night was a plus for Azamara.

Kevin

• Like 1