Club orange

vino100

35 minutes ago, vino100 said:

Looking for info on club orange. Is it so much per day ? I know Neptune suites already have the perk. Just wondering how the upgrade works. 

Club Orange is typically $25/day/person for first 2 in the cabin.  If you have a 3rd or 4th in the cabin, there is no Club Orange charge for them but they get the same privileges as the 1st and 2nd passenger.  I believe the price is $15/day/person for cruises 14+ day.  I've seen older pricing of $35 or $50/day/person but it was $25 our NS cruise last week.

For the free "within meta-category" cabin upgrade, you contact HAL and they will work the upgrade.  We originally booked a V-category balcony.  I called HAL who agreed to temp downgrade us to an obstructed balcony cabin, sell us Club Orange, then upgrade us back to our original cabin.  The cabin price difference was $410 so, after the combined $350 Club Orange fee, we actually saved $60 by doing this.  Technically, they aren't supposed to do the downgrade/upgrade path but I've seen others who did the same.

Edited by AFNavigator
grammar

Thanks everyone for all the info. I’m trying to decide whether to add this to cabins that don’t already have this perk. 

We are traveling as a family and have 7 cabins with 3 being Neptunes and 4 balcony. We all want to eat together so need to decide if CO is worth the extra . 
also, are there large tables in CO ? 

4 minutes ago, vino100 said:

Thanks everyone for all the info. I’m trying to decide whether to add this to cabins that don’t already have this perk. 

We are traveling as a family and have 7 cabins with 3 being Neptunes and 4 balcony. We all want to eat together so need to decide if CO is worth the extra . 

I do not recall seeing very large tables in CO.  Perhaps 6-8 being the largest.  Having CO would be a good idea IMO so that you can all dine in the same area.  

25 minutes ago, vino100 said:

It is like eating in a private dinning room

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vino100 said:

We will be on the konsingdam and is there a way to view the CO table configuration? 

It's not that big of a room (Rotterdam's is larger).  Kazu is doing a live thread from Kdam and posted a pic of it.

When we ate in CO on Nieuw Statendam it was "Open Seating" with people coming and going.  Since you have a large Group you probably would want to talk to the Manager to let him know what time you plan on dining.  I would think they'll need to know that in order to ensure they have the tables available to push together for your Group.

2 hours ago, vino100 said:

There are two round 8-tops near the entrance on the Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam.  I will be posting photos for the Rotterdam soon. 

Koningsdam Club Orange

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/gallery/ms-konigsdam-dining-options/IMG_2352.jpg

Another option that you might like, since your party has 3 Neptunes, is to sit at the large tables at the stern in main dining room with a window.  Note that there are no outside view windows in Club Orange.  If I remember, on the K-dam there are tables at the stern that will seat 8.  If you ask the MDR manager, you can probably get one or two of these reserved for your group, since you have 3 Neptune Suites.  As far as I know, there are no tables anywhere that can be put together to seat 14 for your 7 cabins.

We are fortunate to be almost always able to travel in a Pinnacle Suite.  We prefer a window table in the MDR, compared to the Club Orange dining room, for dinner.  Its very nice to watch our ship leaving port through the dining room window.  However, we do like the better service in the Club Orange or Pinnacle Grill for breakfast.

1 hour ago, Torquer said:

Another option that you might like, since your party has 3 Neptunes, is to sit at the large tables at the stern in main dining room with a window.  Note that there are no outside view windows in Club Orange.  If I remember, on the K-dam there are tables at the stern that will seat 8.  If you ask the MDR manager, you can probably get one or two of these reserved for your group, since you have 3 Neptune Suites.  As far as I know, there are no tables anywhere that can be put together to seat 14 for your 7 cabins.

We are fortunate to be almost always able to travel in a Pinnacle Suite.  We prefer a window table in the MDR, compared to the Club Orange dining room, for dinner.  Its very nice to watch our ship leaving port through the dining room window.  However, we do like the better service in the Club Orange or Pinnacle Grill for breakfast.

How does a Pinnacle Suite cruiser arrange a window table in the MDR, or a table in Club Orange?  

Is this something you can arrange ahead of the cruise, for a fixed seating?  If you cannot arrange until you are on  board, how and when do you talk to MDR personnel to arrange this for the whole cruise (other than when I have specialty reservations), especially with so many Club Orange people now receiving similar special access?  Or do you have to go day by day, table by table?

I have a PS booked and am looking for an orderly, accepted and fair process to hopefully select a good table for my price category (if there is such a selection benefit for the PS).  I am not looking to game the system.

I have sailed HAL in Neptune Suite before, but not in a PS, and have not been on HAL since 2019 (am reading a lot of reviews since).

Thanks in advance.

As Crew News reports, there are two larger tables near the entrance of CO on the Konigsdam. The rest are 4 tops, some with higher chairs, and 2 tops. Last week I was one of the first for breakfast and the room would fill up fairly quickly.  I didn't eat dinner there so don't know how that went. The Konigsdam was near capacity, I think. I was told by Club Orange Manager they were not allowed to save tables and was encouraged to get there early if I wanted a specific table. Since I was solo, I wanted the last 2 top at the back. There were two couples who also liked specific tables in the back, and we were all at Club Orange 10 minutes before opening to get these tables.

1 hour ago, Torquer said:

Given the choice of the MDR by a window or club orange I would take club orange every time.  The mdr is chaotic.  Even when full I've never found club orange to be like that.  I can't remember ever having hot food in the mdr.  I'd say 90% plus it's hot in club orange.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

As Crew News reports, there are two larger tables near the entrance of CO on the Konigsdam. The rest are 4 tops, some with higher chairs, and 2 tops. Last week I was one of the first for breakfast and the room would fill up fairly quickly.  I didn't eat dinner there so don't know how that went. The Konigsdam was near capacity, I think. I was told by Club Orange Manager they were not allowed to save tables and was encouraged to get there early if I wanted a specific table. Since I was solo, I wanted the last 2 top at the back. There were two couples who also liked specific tables in the back, and we were all at Club Orange 10 minutes before opening to get these tables.

As another solo, those are my favorite tables as well.  I have never had a problem getting a CO table before 6:00 PM.  Shortly after that beepers were given to those still wanting to eat in CO.

13 minutes ago, Catlover54 said:

How does a Pinnacle Suite cruiser arrange a window table in the MDR, or a table in Club Orange?  

Is this something you can arrange ahead of the cruise, for a fixed seating?  If you cannot arrange until you are on  board, how and when do you talk to MDR personnel to arrange this for the whole cruise (other than when I have specialty reservations), especially with so many Club Orange people now receiving similar special access?  Or do you have to go day by day, table by table?

I have a PS booked and am looking for an orderly, accepted and fair process to hopefully select a good table for my price category (if there is such a selection benefit for the PS).  I am not looking to game the system.

I have sailed HAL in Neptune Suite before, but not in a PS, and have not been on HAL since 2019 (am reading a lot of reviews since).

Thanks in advance.

I've heard of people requesting certain tables in advance and getting them .  This was in fixed dining though.  I can't tell from your post if you are in fixed dining or not.  If you are,  hopefully someone can tell you to do it because I have never done this.

3 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

Thanks in advance.

Did you book with a TA?  If so, since you have booked the Pinnacle Suite, your TA may be able to contact HAL with your request.  Crew News has diagrams of the dining room set up on his website.  If that doesn’t work, ask the Neptune Lounge  concierge to reserve a table for you.  If all else fails the dining room manager can provide you a  designated table in open dining if you choose the early dining option.  You paid a lot of money for the most expensive stateroom on the ship, you deserve to have a preferred seat in the dining room.  Club Orange is not able to make that concession and they don’t have ocean view dining anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

Thanks in advance.

You can either call ships’ services or have your TA do it for a table in the MDR assuming you are in fixed seating.  And yes you do have priority.

There are MDR maps for each cruise ship on halfacts.com. So you can make wise choices.

But if you are on a Pinnacle Class ship - you might prefer Club Orange.  I have enjoyed it.   I don’t think you can pre-select a table there - reservations are not permitted currently.  However, you can certainly  ask - especially if you going to dine at the same time every night.  But, Club Orange is basically “any time dining”.

• Thanks 2