Super Bowl on Splendor?

gwesq

Normally, I'll watch the Super Bowl, but it's not that big a deal.  UNLESS  "MY" team is playing.  Since "my" team is 13-1 this year, there's a pretty good chance we'll make it to the Super Bowl again.   We'll be on Splendor the day of the game.  Does Regent usually show the Super Bowl on the ship? DO they have some kind of party/spread. etc?  

FLY EAGLES FLY!

1 hour ago, gwesq said:

Normally, I'll watch the Super Bowl, but it's not that big a deal.  UNLESS  "MY" team is playing.  Since "my" team is 13-1 this year, there's a pretty good chance we'll make it to the Super Bowl again.   We'll be on Splendor the day of the game.  Does Regent usually show the Super Bowl on the ship? DO they have some kind of party/spread. etc?  

FLY EAGLES FLY!

We are big fans always and since OUR TEAM, the E-A-G-L-E-S will be there, we will be at that party with you. We were on the explorer 3 years ago and they threw a Super Bowl bash in the constellation theater. Big screen and plenty of decorations. Lots of fun with all the trimmings like wings, nachos, and chili dogs. I’ll be in my Foles 9 Super Bowl jersey!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

It may depend if the ship is in port or not. If in port, they may not have the rights to broadcast it. This was the case for the WC final - we had to go to a bar in Cozumel to watch it.

UHOH!  Ship is in Port in Curacao until 10 PM.  

We may have to arrange an Iggles Phans group to find a place to watch.  

gwesq:

In Australian waters aboard Voyager a few years back--

About a week before "The" Big Game, inquired if it would be carried, "Live".  That would involve a 0700H local time viewing for kickoff. 

Wait--will get back to you.  I was certainly not the only one making that inquiry.  Response:  Yes.  Live in Theater; then saved for later in-suite viewing by those on morning tours.  

Had to stifle self from disclosing results to my brother and his wife traveling with us when meeting for lunch following their return from a tour.  We had different dogs in that particular fight.  My dogs were  victorious. 

GOARMY!

• Haha 1

On 12/23/2022 at 10:47 AM, gwesq said:

FLY EAGLES FLY!

Oops!

This is my main (and nearly only) complaint about Regent - they charge a premium and seemingly willfully refuse to provide live TV/sports that the cheaper lines all provide.  

They probably will spring for the Super Bowl but only because of a lot of requests/complaints.  

They know people want better TV….

3 hours ago, irishwitchy said:

Nope,  I could care less about what is on TV on the ship. Might as well stay home!  I don’t watch it much at home either.  Just keep the internet up and running! 

You don’t have to turn it on…

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DatawCruiser said:

We were on Splendor last year during the Super Bowl.  They held a nice tailgate party on the pool deck with an ice sculpture, and did show the game.  I believe we were underway and not at a port, but I'd have to check the itinerary.

This would be so much fun, even better than the party we attended in the theater the year before! 

Yikes, I just realized that I booked a cruise during Super Bowl week for next year.  We will be on the Grandeur, and it is in Bonaire until 9PM.

(Being I Jet fan, I do not tend to plan my life around post-season football)☹️😨 😠😢😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 12/23/2022 at 10:47 AM, gwesq said:

FLY EAGLES FLY!

13-3 now might want to see if wild card game on …just trolling you might have jinxed them

17 hours ago, boblerm said:

Yikes, I just realized that I booked a cruise during Super Bowl week for next year.  We will be on the Grandeur, and it is in Bonaire until 9PM.

(Being I Jet fan, I do not tend to plan my life around post-season football)☹️😨 😠😢😭

I specifically recall watching the Super Bowl while docked in Bonaire a few years ago, so we should be good next year.

On 12/23/2022 at 11:47 AM, gwesq said:

FLY EAGLES FLY!

I envy you. As you can tell by my user name, wondering if or where I will be able to watch my team in the Superbowl while on a cruise is just not going to happen in my lifetime. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

From one well-versed in "Brooklynese" from personal experiences over the past 20 years while on visits to our Junior Son and, subsequently, two grandchildren:

Fahgettaboudit from the perspective of a Seattle Seahawks fan.  "enuf said.  

But, just wait until next year.  

GOARMY!

24 minutes ago, GOARMY said:

From one well-versed in "Brooklynese" from personal experiences over the past 20 years while on visits to our Junior Son and, subsequently, two grandchildren:

GOARMY!

Sorry about the Seahawks.  I was pulling for them.   THey hung in there, leading at the half, but I guess turnovers did them in.    Purdy can't be this good!  Wait till the Eagles D line gets to him!

10 hours ago, GOARMY said:

GOARMY!

It could be worse, you could be a Browns fan. I've been saying, "Just wait until next year" since 1964 and counting. LOL