Few questions about drinks vouchers for Diamond members and do our diamond perks still apply on Celebrity?

korky1

We haven't cruised RCI for a while.  I believe diamond members now get 4 drinks vouchers each per day.  Obviously there has to be a dollar limit per drink.  Do the vouchers cover most drinks?

Do Celebrity cruises still recognise our diamond status?  Last time we sailed on Celebrity we were Elite as that was their equivalent to RCI diamond status. Do they offer 4 free drinks a day?  

So excited to get cruising again. Took a lot longer for us in Australia.

Thank you for any insight you can give me. 

27 minutes ago, korky1 said:

We haven't cruised RCI for a while.  I believe diamond members now get 4 drinks vouchers each per day.  Obviously there has to be a dollar limit per drink.  Do the vouchers cover most drinks?

Do Celebrity cruises still recognise our diamond status?  Last time we sailed on Celebrity we were Elite as that was their equivalent to RCI diamond status. Do they offer 4 free drinks a day?  

Thank you for any insight you can g

Yes, Royal Caribbean Diamond Crown and Anchor members receive vouchers on their set sail pass cards for four drinks per day.  These vouchers cover most beverages. 

If you have linked your Royal Caribbean and Celebrity accounts then your status as Elite on Celebrity should carry over to Diamond on Royal Caribbean.  You can see your status by logging into your account on the Royal Caribbean web site or on the Royal Caribbean app. 

1 hour ago, korky1 said:

Thank you for any insight you can give me. 

No vouchers on Celebrity. You get to go to an evening lounge on Celebrity. You receive the 4 drinks per day on RCI. 

RCCL drink vouchers cover drinks up to $14. 

You will receive Celebrity Elite benefits. They don’t provide daily drink vouchers but provide a complementary happy hour(s) most evenings. They offer some different benefits. Check their site for details. 
m

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

No vouchers on Celebrity. You get to go to an evening lounge on Celebrity. You receive the 4 drinks per day on RCI. 

I don’t think there are lounges now. You get drinks off of Captain’s Club menu in most bars.

• Thanks 1

There will be 4 drink vouchers loaded onto your Seapass daily at 5am and those are valid until 5am the following day. They are use them or lose them vouchers, they do not carry over if you don't use them. Those vouchers can be used at any bar, any time during the day for a free drink valued at up to $14. Be aware that when you order a drink, any dink, it will be deducted from your total. If you don't want the drink (water or soda for instance) to go against your total, tell the bartender not to use a voucher for that drink. 

Edited by cruiseguy1016

27 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

There will be 4 drink vouchers loaded onto your Seapass daily at 5am and those are valid until 5am the following day. They are use them or lose them vouchers, they do not carry over if you don't use them. Those vouchers can be used at any bar, any time during the day for a free drink valued at up to $14. Be aware that when you order a drink, any dink, it will be deducted from your total. If you don't want the drink (water or soda for instance) to go against your total, tell the bartender not to use a voucher for that drink. 

On Celebrity it’s unlimited, but only from 5 pm to 7 pm. Drinks are from special menu. 

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

On Celebrity it’s unlimited, but only from 5 pm to 7 pm. Drinks are from special menu. 

That's in line with how the RCI Happy Hour in the Diamond Lounge used to be, unlimited drinks from 5:30 - 8:00. The selection was also limited.

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I sure hope Celebrity goes the same way as Royal with the vouchers. 5 to 7 PM is such a limited time and not really ideal either since it is around dinner time and not necessarily the time and we would want to be having drinks anyway

One big difference is that on Celebrity you have to carry a drink into the dining room.  The free drinks are only at certain bars and they are not available at all the first night of the cruise or the night of the Seniors Officers party.  You can bring on a bottle of wine per person for you cabin.  This is up to date as we were on Celebrity without a drink package in August.  I have always liked it that drinks on RCL were available in the dining room and show room even before vouchers.

• Like 1