Jewel Of The Seas

5 minutes ago, CFLRetired said:

Count my wife and I in for Friday, not Pinnacle, but D+ in a suite.  Hope to say hi to all. 

We are Pinnie, but usually only do JS on the smaller ships, which fits us just fine.  

Oasis/Quantum we will do GS and above.  

I sailed in the TA in Oct/Nov and loved the ship. 

The only tatty thing was the sofa in my room too! Otherwise everything looked great. I thought the food in MDR was great. Had a very disappointing meal in Chops and WJ is ok, I’m just not a lover of buffet style eating.

Coffee machine in DL worked intermittently, and I wasn’t a great fan of the coffee when it did work 🙄

Overall though a great ship with great crew and I’d sail her again in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobal said:

Yes on Jewel. We were on from the 9th September for 10 nights. We could use our seapass cards to get coffees in the Windjammer or coffee shop - better coffee to be fair

We were on in December, with a broken machines in the concierge and diamond lounge. We were not giving any vouchers to use in Café latitudes or elsewhere. Plus, windjammer espresso machine did  not have decaf. 

I used a daily crown and anchor drink voucher many times. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

I agree that the sofas in the cabins need some work. Whoever decided to put an overstuffed couch (or loveseat)  in a small balcony cabin needs to be fired. Plus the cushions were deformed, and some of the stitching was torn. We kept a sheet  on couch. 

This was the case for our recent experiences on Serenade and Jewel 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We were on in December, with a broken machines in the concierge and diamond lounge. We were not giving any vouchers to use in Café latitudes or elsewhere. Plus, windjammer espresso machine did  not have decaf. 

I used a daily crown and anchor drink voucher many times. 

M

Hmmmm.....Me thinks something is fishy....and it's not the sea.   OK...no more free unlimited drinks in the lounges, and now...coffee...Hah!  Go fish!   

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hmmmm.....Me thinks something is fishy....and it's not the sea.   OK...no more free unlimited drinks in the lounges, and now...coffee...Hah!  Go fish!   

Nothing fishy - I'm perfectly satisfied. 

I never come close to using the daily drink vouchers so don't care of if use one for a morning coffee. Even in Chops Suite/Pinnacle breakfast the staff sometimes asks for a card.  I see the zero charge  on my account but never get a straight answer if my daily drinks are actually charged for the breakfast coffee. 

Wasn't a lounge person, so a drink or two in some ship venue was always sufficient.   Never saw the need or had a desire to throw back lots of cheap wine or liquor during a few happy hours.   I know others liked the unlimited drinks, and that's OK too.  

M

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Nothing fishy - I'm perfectly satisfied. 

I never come close to using the daily drink vouchers so don't care of if use one for a morning coffee. Even in Chops Suite/Pinnacle breakfast the staff sometimes asks for a card.  I see the zero charge  on my account but never get a straight answer if my daily drinks are actually charged for the breakfast coffee. 

Wasn't a lounge person, so a drink or two in some ship venue was always sufficient.   Never saw the need or had a desire to throw back lots of cheap wine or liquor during a few happy hours.   I know others liked the unlimited drinks, and that's OK too.  

M

Indeed...we never come close to using our 6 per vouchers.   I just am not happy about the coffee machines always being down in the lounges.   Need new equipment...or better maintenance.  

I do love the new voucher program, and thus do not use the lounges for happy hour any longer.   (Too noisy, too much chair hogging, too much politics, and too much "attitude" for me).   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I agree that the sofas in the cabins need some work. Whoever decided to put an overstuffed couch (or loveseat)  in a small balcony cabin needs to be fired. Plus the cushions were deformed, and some of the stitching was torn. We kept a sheet  on couch. 

This was the case for our recent experiences on Serenade and Jewel 

m

We were on the ship December 22-31 and found inconsistencies in the cabin.  The sofa was threadbare and disgusting, but other things in the cabin seemed quite new. All of the drawers and doors opened/closed easily, the carpeting was fine,  and the balcony door seemed brand new.  The shower was great albeit small, the toilet seemed huge and high, but the mirror edges were blackened and the shelves were obviously the originals. 

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

Indeed...we never come close to using our 6 per vouchers.   I just am not happy about the coffee machines always being down in the lounges.   Need new equipment...or better maintenance.  

I do love the new voucher program, and thus do not use the lounges for happy hour any longer.   (Too noisy, too much chair hogging, too much politics, and too much "attitude" for me).   

They were working in Nov in the DL.  Every morning there was a line.  

2 hours ago, island lady said:

We are Pinnie, but usually only do JS on the smaller ships, which fits us just fine.  

Once we made pin that we started doing only full suites on non-oasis or quantum class ships. Has worked out well fore us as we can usually get a GS or OS on a non oasis class ship for less than the price of a JS on an oasis class ship. Miss the old days when GS were affordable on every class of ship.

2 hours ago, Deeliteful said:

I sailed in the TA in Oct/Nov and loved the ship. 

The only tatty thing was the sofa in my room too! Otherwise everything looked great. I thought the food in MDR was great. Had a very disappointing meal in Chops and WJ is ok, I’m just not a lover of buffet style eating.

Coffee machine in DL worked intermittently, and I wasn’t a great fan of the coffee when it did work 🙄

Overall though a great ship with great crew and I’d sail her again in a heartbeat.

We were on the TA too, and just must have been lucky with the DL coffee machine!  Hated that spinning 3D wrench when it was self-cleaning though!  Our Spacious Balcony cabin was great but I agree, our sofa was a bit tatty as well!

We spent a total of 70 nights on Jewel in 2022 and loved every minute.  Can’t wait to get back onboard later this year!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BND said:

They were working in Nov in the DL.  Every morning there was a line.  

I am usually in there just after 6 am after my early morning walk.  Usually no one in there on sister ship Serenade.  Though never seemed to be refilled with milk.  😞 

16 hours ago, orville99 said:

Once we made pin that we started doing only full suites on non-oasis or quantum class ships. Has worked out well fore us as we can usually get a GS or OS on a non oasis class ship for less than the price of a JS on an oasis class ship. Miss the old days when GS were affordable on every class of ship.

I am trying to practice for tighter quarters now....have the WC coming up in a regular balcony cabin.  😮 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

We were on the ship December 22-31 and found inconsistencies in the cabin.  The sofa was threadbare and disgusting, but other things in the cabin seemed quite new. All of the drawers and doors opened/closed easily, the carpeting was fine,  and the balcony door seemed brand new.  The shower was great albeit small, the toilet seemed huge and high, but the mirror edges were blackened and the shelves were obviously the originals. 

It was the same thing on Serenade as well.  

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am trying to practice for tighter quarters now....have the WC coming up in a regular balcony cabin.  😮 

We cut our cruising "teeth" on Radiance class ship balcony cabins (4 and 5 nighters out of Tampa), and actually found the balcony cabins on Radiance class ships to be quite comfortable. Other than the lack of a walk in closet, there was ample room to move around and ample storage space. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We cut our cruising "teeth" on Radiance class ship balcony cabins (4 and 5 nighters out of Tampa), and actually found the balcony cabins on Radiance class ships to be quite comfortable. Other than the lack of a walk in closet, there was ample room to move around and ample storage space. 

We are "single leggers" booking just first leg and last leg (though each leg is 62 nights long 😮 ).   By the time they released the single legs for available booking .....weeks after they opened it to the full 274 day pax....all the suites from JS and up were gone.  Even the regular balconies above deck 8...gone.  

Oh well, saves me some $$.  😉 

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

You could always do a RoyalUp bid on one of those😇

LOL...can't access that reservation at all.   A bit of a different voyage....all requests of any kind have to go through special WC reps on the phone, even to pay it off. 

I have tried about once a month to see if anything was available to upgrade.  Answer is always no.   Can't even get traditional dining...all MTD.  

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

In cabin?

No, that speed check was done in the Viking Crown (Vortex).  Wifi had also been slow in the Solarium on Thursday before we moved to Vortex.  Wifi improved again later in day.  

Edited by Starry Eyes