Dress Code On Odyssey

1 hour ago, twinmommy08 said:

You just need a shirt, some form of cloth covering your lower half, shoes and you can eat anywhere inside the ship. 

1 hour ago, Eriksgarden said:

Hi and thanks in advance.  Are formal nights adhered to, or can you basically wear what you want?  And what is the standard for dinner in the dining room?  We are shorts/t-shirts people, but can do khaki/polos if forced.  

And if anyone is going to wear a hat make sure it's on backwards

14 minutes ago, ronandcarla said:

And if anyone is going to wear a hat make sure it's on backwards

I was on Odyssey over Thanksgiving and I can confirm passengers strolled into dining room with tshirts, backwards cap, and shorts on Formal Nights....   I guess we shouldnt call them formal anymore.

9 hours ago, lcpagejr said:

I was on Odyssey over Thanksgiving and I can confirm passengers strolled into dining room with tshirts, backwards cap, and shorts on Formal Nights....   I guess we shouldnt call them formal anymore.

Im not dressed 

but I see Odyssey from our Bathroom on X Beyond 😉

81EC6DEB-AE20-411B-A164-45D271CF6B99.jpeg

The days of any dress code enforcement seem to be gone on Royal....not necessarily for the good either. On my recent Odyssey sailing people were in the main dining room in shorts and t-shirts for dinner. There were people in windjammer barely dressed wearing bikinis, some even g-strings with very see through coverups during breakfast, lunch and even dinner. I never saw anyone ever tell anyone anything...even if they walked into the solarium cafe in swimwear and still dripping wet. It seems like pretty much anything goes.

Edited by bajathree

14 hours ago, Eriksgarden said:

Hi and thanks in advance.  Are formal nights adhered to, or can you basically wear what you want?  And what is the standard for dinner in the dining room?  We are shorts/t-shirts people, but can do khaki/polos if forced.  

There are no dress codes. Royal is finally getting out of the dark ages. The contemporary cruiser who will sustain the business for the next decade is not interested in hauling gowns and tuxes. 

You are on vacation. Dress as causally as you like. This was the MDR line on “formal night” on the Wonder. 
358E9021-5CD4-438B-B33F-1216458EE06B.png.7de57ae48de972cf946b52d3c95880b2.png

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

There are no dress codes. Royal is finally getting out of the dark ages. The contemporary cruiser who will sustain the business for the next decade is not interested in hauling gowns and tuxes. 

You are on vacation. Dress as causally as you like. This was the MDR line on “formal night” on the Wonder. 
358E9021-5CD4-438B-B33F-1216458EE06B.png.7de57ae48de972cf946b52d3c95880b2.png

9th time you have posted the same photo 🤣

3 hours ago, bajathree said:

The days of any dress code enforcement seem to be gone on Royal....not necessarily for the good either. On my recent Odyssey sailing people were in the main dining room in shorts and t-shirts for dinner. There were people in windjammer barely dressed wearing bikinis, some even g-strings with very see through coverups during breakfast, lunch and even dinner. I never saw anyone ever tell anyone anything...even if they walked into the solarium cafe in swimwear and still dripping wet. It seems like pretty much anything goes.

Talk about breaking the rules in the solarium.  On Odyssey last month I saw many young children -- certainly under 16 years old, in the solarium and the solarium bistro. No one said a word.